Author Topic: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...  (Read 7953 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...
« on: December 04, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
I claimed in another thread to now have a 5% to 10% chance of shooting Bruv down.  I was wrong. :frown:

Having fought Bruv dozens of times recently, I must now say that only with the best of luck and circumstances can I achieve a 1% chance of said victory, and only on very rare occasion, if ever. :bhead     :confused:

I am not as good as I thought -- yet.  In fact, compared to those with Bruv level skill, I stink.  Having hit a ceiling in my abilities, I am now stuck to said ceiling and have been for months.  :cry

I hereby apologize to all for overstating my abilities, they are not as I had hoped.  An apology is also necessary for several recent moment(s) of weakness for which I have given my way much consideration. :frown:

Finally, I can not (yet) comprehend the level of skill and awesomeness displayed by said FPH and continue to be truly in awe. :salute :rock

I made a mistake and admit same.  Truth is truth. :old:

Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:00:19 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:42:25 PM »
I believe the correct protocol these days is to make an 'An Apology' thread
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:41 PM »
I believe the correct protocol these days is to make an 'An Apology' thread

Done.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 07:15:21 PM »
I sensed some of your angst in all of those fights.  Maybe it had something to do with being muted for the past week.    :(  Wouldn't have happened if you listened to me when I said enough ! 

Your shooting HAS improved just need to work on decision making, SA and further advanced ACM.   Stick stirring uncontrollably in the hope of a last ditch overshoot is the mark of a desperate pilot who has run out of ideas.   

Not sure where you can go from here the only way is further conditioning in the DA with better pilots.   :old:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 07:37:30 PM »
I sensed some of your angst in all of those fights.  Maybe it had something to do with being muted for the past week.    :(  Wouldn't have happened if you listened to me when I said enough !  

Your shooting HAS improved just need to work on decision making, SA and further advanced ACM.   Stick stirring uncontrollably in the hope of a last ditch overshoot is the mark of a desperate pilot who has run out of ideas.  

Not sure where you can go from here the only way is further conditioning in the DA with better pilots.   :old:

I should have listened indeed.  I was wrong to keep singing and my only excuse is that the music moved me beyond all sensibilities. :frown:

Afterwards, I wanted to win those fights and see if I didn't why not.   I ended up, sadly, doing neither.  Thank you for staying around for the fights.  I had a lot of fun, even though I lost over and over.  Your skills are truly awesome. :confused:

Listening is important. :old:

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:44:40 PM by Midway »

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 08:51:42 PM »
I claimed in another thread to now have a 5% to 10% chance of shooting Bruv down.  I was wrong. :frown:

Having fought Bruv dozens of times recently, I must now say that only with the best of luck and circumstances can I achieve a 1% chance of said victory, and only on very rare occasion, if ever. :bhead     :confused:

I am not as good as I thought -- yet.  In fact, compared to those with Bruv level skill, I stink.  Having hit a ceiling in my abilities, I am now stuck to said ceiling and have been for months.  :cry

I hereby apologize to all for overstating my abilities, they are not as I had hoped.  An apology is also necessary for several recent moment(s) of weakness for which I have given my way much consideration. :frown:

Finally, I can not (yet) comprehend the level of skill and awesomeness displayed by said FPH and continue to be truly in awe. :salute :rock

I got extremely lucky and shot down the famous Luftwaffe Ace (28 kills) Bruv in the last frame of DGS II. I was very lucky indeed considering I have flown with Bruv before and I know the talent he has. Anyways goodluck and Midway here's some help Edison failed 1,000's of times trying to invent the light bulb, you're day will come midway you're day will come  :cheers:
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 09:03:51 PM »
And so the ban passes... like water upon rock...

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 09:08:42 PM »

It's the Spitfire that makes you suck.... :headscratch:well that and these stupid leg humping posts  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »
I got extremely lucky and shot down the famous Luftwaffe Ace (28 kills) Bruv in the last frame of DGS II. I was very lucky indeed considering I have flown with Bruv before and I know the talent he has. Anyways goodluck and Midway here's some help Edison failed 1,000's of times trying to invent the light bulb, you're day will come midway you're day will come  :cheers:

Very inspirational. :aok  :)

Thank you. :salute :rock

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:48:31 PM »
Very inspirational. :aok  :)

Thank you. :salute :rock

You're welcome sir  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 10:02:33 PM »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:29 PM »
I am not as good as I thought -- yet.  In fact, compared to those with Bruv level skill, I stink.  Having hit a ceiling in my abilities, I am now stuck to said ceiling and have been for months.  :cry

I hereby apologize to all for overstating my abilities, they are not as I had hoped.  An apology is also necessary for several recent moment(s) of weakness for which I have given my way much consideration. :frown:

I made a mistake and admit same.  Truth is truth. :old:

Who,you might want to do a lot more training,there are some great trainers out there that can explain what your doing right or wrong at the time of flying ,which helps a lot.
I thought i was getting pretty good two years in ,then realized I was only getting good with about 70% of the players in the game ,which have no real ACM skill,and just brag a lot (don't become this)
Take any chance you have to one on one fly with any trainer or stick that can shoot you down and is willing to help.
I would be happy to wing up against you in TA anytime if you wanted,just pm me.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 12:33:05 AM »
Midway, you weren't singing. You were incessantly typing song lyrics, and it wasn't just Bruv, everyone told you to give it a rest. For whatever reason you chose to ignore everybody and continue till you got muted. How many times is that now?  :bhead
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 12:46:09 AM »
Knew sometime soon one of the good sticks were going to put you in your place....

Learning process, happened to all the best

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 03:18:21 AM »
Is this the same Bruv I've owned for years?

:noid

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"