Author Topic: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...  (Read 7955 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: An apology aka I would like to/need to correct the record...
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:03 AM »
This would not be happening had you stayed in a 38.    :ahand

Your eyes would be widening to new possibilities in the AH flight envelope.  Things would have been clicking, at least slowly.  Instead, you chose the path of least resistance and are getting out of it exactly what you've put in.

But your attempt at humility (assuming it's sincere) is refreshing.  At least this is one part of your way you have considered.   :old:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »

My only other option is to buy a CH combat stick and hope said stick will push me through said ceiling. :joystick:

There is still MA fun to be had in picking, vulching, HOing, winning, and losing. :old:

Might I suggest buying a muzzle instead of the CH combat stick as it will help you much much more.  It would surely help the rest of the community that listen to ch 200.  You might be approaching "getting it" status if you follow your last line about the MA but I suspect you didn't realize that the whole idea is the "FUN" part.  I have a song that you should listen to called "Short Change Hero" by "The Heavy". 

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2012, 10:49:38 AM »

But your attempt at humility (assuming it's sincere) is refreshing.  At least this is one part of your way you have considered.   :old:

The same "humility" he shows in the 3 threads a day whining about how much he sucks compared to his FPH?  Nope, no sincerity there, just broken record syndrome.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »
Just an observation.........

1.   Be HUMBLE

2.   Cut down on the channel 200 chest thumping

3.   Although the ankle humping may be sincere, just give a <S> to your opponent for a good fight.

4.   Work on dogfighting skills, anyone can play the rope game.  Try to keep your E and let your opponent lose his.

5.   Don't get sucked into the 200 blah, blah, blah I'm the greatest pilot, etc. game.  It makes you a target for that clan of folks.

6.   Try not to feel like you have to prove your skills to anyone.  Fly YOUR game and have fun.  Let those others that feel the need for recognition worry about themselves.

7.   Your actions have made you a target.  Only change will bring a different outcome.

8.   If you crave the attention you are getting, then let me shake your hand.  You are one of the best.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »
Who, what is your current setup?

Stick, throttle, rudder?  Make/Model?

You have a decent system?  What about your monitor(s?) size?
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 11:56:06 AM »

The same "humility" he shows in the 3 threads a day whining about how much he sucks compared to his FPH?  Nope, no sincerity there, just broken record syndrome.

I was grading on a curve.   :D
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »
Might I suggest buying a muzzle instead of the CH combat stick as it will help you much much more.  It would surely help the rest of the community that listen to ch 200.  You might be approaching "getting it" status if you follow your last line about the MA but I suspect you didn't realize that the whole idea is the "FUN" part.  I have a song that you should listen to called "Short Change Hero" by "The Heavy". 

All the Best...

Jay

I am not a dawg so a muzzle would not fit. :)

All the Best...

Midway

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 12:55:35 PM »
Who, what is your current setup?

Stick, throttle, rudder?  Make/Model?

You have a decent system?  What about your monitor(s?) size?

It's no use.  My comprehension capacity is not sufficient to equal the mighty and awesome ones.  I will now become just another toy/victory for said FPHs.  :frown:    :confused:

One must face the reality of one's mental capacity and make due with what one has. :old:

:confused:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »
I am not a dawg so a muzzle would not fit. :)

All the Best...

Midway

thats why they made duct tape
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 01:15:57 PM »
It's no use.  My comprehension capacity is not sufficient to equal the mighty and awesome ones.  I will now become just another toy/victory for said FPHs.  :frown:    :confused:

One must face the reality of one's mental capacity and make due with what one has. :old:

Whatever, seriously... Pand was watching some of my films (aka gag reels) and he was like "Why do you keep oscillating?"... we got it down to the crappiness of my Thrustmaster HOTAS X's centering... every time I make a move, I bleed a bit of E... it's tougher to get a stable firing platform (which is critical with 4 .50s) etc... my Warthog gets here TODAY.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »
Midway I understand what you're saying

I consider most of us cartoon pilots to be 'mortals' of varying levels of skill, but there seem to be a select few 'Godlike' players who push the envelope so far beyond what mortal pilots are capable of that it beggars belief!

But I guess the thing to remember is even the very best started out as flight virgins and got where they are through hard work. Don't be discouraged!

Although the fact that the Godlike Redbull has been alive for less time than some mortals on this board have been playing flightsims is a tiny bit discouraging... :)  There is evidently an element of pure natural talent involved somewhere
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 01:44:35 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2012, 01:45:06 PM »
I would also like to apologise for killing Who so often with my shade and enjoying it so much.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
Midway I understand what you're saying

I refer to most of us cartoon pilots to be 'mortals' of varying levels of skill, but there seem to be a select few 'Godlike' players who push the envelope so far beyond what mortal pilots are capable of :)

But I guess the thing to remember is even the very best started out as flight virgins and got where they are through hard work. Don't be discouraged!

Although the fact that the Godlike Redbull has been alive for less time than some mortals on this board have been playing flightsims is a tiny bit discouraging... :)

We are now brothers in mediocrity. :confused:

We must accept our destiny. :confused:

We must conform to the accepted norms. :confused:

We can try to GV for some bonus fun. :confused:

We can deny or we can admire with awe. :confused:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »

+

=

-AoM-