Author Topic: Self-impressed calls me cheater  (Read 3045 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Self-impressed calls me cheater
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 08:04:31 AM »
You post a film from 2006 saved on a harddrive that probably doesn't exist anymore :D

I have around 6-7 AH2 installations on different backups and they have around 800-900 saved films. Do you wish to get them all so you can sort the sortie in question out?

If it was from that long ago, then I bet you saw the film viewer bug where it would show 2 hits for every real one. Basically it used to show the recorded hit, and then show the bullet from the film viewer also hit again.

HiTech

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
also, back then there was an issue with the spud that HTC sorted out as well.

Sounds like the complaint is along the same lines as "Lets condemn the new mustang, because the Edsel looked like crap!"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
I can only think of three places on a Lanc that I would hold any reasonable hope of taking him out with only one tater hit, like a fighter - the wing tips and the cockpit.  Otherwise all bets are off, the Lanc can be a very tough nut to crack even with taters.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
If it was from that long ago, then I bet you saw the film viewer bug where it would show 2 hits for every real one. Basically it used to show the recorded hit, and then show the bullet from the film viewer also hit again.

HiTech

Even if it was only half i.e. 3 tater hits to the lanc tail it should have dropped off.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 10:07:41 PM »
Even if it was only half i.e. 3 tater hits to the lanc tail it should have dropped off.

Per a previous post of yours.  Yes you should find it and post it, you are the accuser afterall
No three tater hits to a lancs tail may not make it fall off.  Where exactly did you hit him in the "tail"?  Was it all the tail?  Was it all to just one component of the tail?  was it possible some of the shells hit the fuselage?  Can you remember properly this event that lasted probably less than a second this long after?

But none of that really matters.

If its such a problem?  Why is it the only event you seem to have had from years ago?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2012, 02:42:24 AM »
Per a previous post of yours.  Yes you should find it and post it, you are the accuser afterall
No three tater hits to a lancs tail may not make it fall off.  Where exactly did you hit him in the "tail"?  Was it all the tail?  Was it all to just one component of the tail?  was it possible some of the shells hit the fuselage?  Can you remember properly this event that lasted probably less than a second this long after?

But none of that really matters.

If its such a problem?  Why is it the only event you seem to have had from years ago?

1) I no longer have the film in question and I doubt you have films from 2006 anymore. I brought this 1 sortie up because it was rare in the caliber and amount of hits applied with almost no effect and I reviewed the film later not believing what I just saw online - I even mentioned it in a thread in 2006 for the first time.
2) Hits were to the tail section from the side, horizontal stabilizers which resulted in 1 elevator missing. In action I saw a big blast of hits and later on film counted 7 hits - if the multiplying bug would be there I would have got an even number, not 7. Even 3 tater hits to the tail should IMO blow a lancs whole tail off. Maybe I'm wrong.
3) It's such a problem if HT claims network problems can under no circumstances eat the damage, what then explains the rubber bullets I regularly used to see? When I used to play AH there were cleraly differences in days when sometimes you could land 5-6 kills with a single ammo load and other days where you had to blast half the load just for 1 kill, using the same type of aircraft. I always counted them on my crappy ping to US but now that I hear that couldn't be the reason I'm really intrigued.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 02:44:56 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2012, 08:53:52 AM »
Fought you in a 51d vs your K4 your not a cheater bro, but you do suck at returning Salutes :cheers:

:bolt:
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
Fought you in a 51d vs your K4 your not a cheater bro, but you do suck at returning Salutes :cheers:

:bolt:

I don't return salutes if I'm HO'd.

If you didn't HO me and I didn't salute back then I must have missed it.  :salute

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2012, 12:49:46 PM »
I don't return salutes if I'm HO'd.

If you didn't HO me and I didn't salute back then I must have missed it.  :salute

I return all salutes or tell them why I'm not saluting (which is rare).
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »
I return all salutes or tell them why I'm not saluting (which is rare).

One fingered salutes?  :noid

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
 I  :salute and return  :salute unless it's something lame ie, run to 3 buddies, then return to get kill.
Pick when engaged , Ho, etc.
Not really :salute worthy, but depends on my mood too :)
But, we do seem to have some who are too good to return a  :salute (yeah, they're on 200 at the time).

Now to calling people cheaters. They're the ones who don't get/refuse to understand lag and or poor connections.
I've had planes fly past me, then bullets hit.
Crashed into other planes inadvertently (as most do), because of lag and my connection.

:cheers: Oz
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:43:14 PM by ozrocker »
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »
One fingered salutes?  :noid
I've had plenty of those, too. :airplane:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2012, 11:09:13 AM »
The other night, I rolled up on a Panther (sitting on concrete) and Boom geht das Dynamit!!

60 seconds later "You've been reported for cheating"

=(

Sent the film to Skuzzbucket.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »
LOL nice one Rat.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep