Author Topic: RIP CloD  (Read 451 times)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
RIP CloD
« on: December 12, 2012, 09:05:21 AM »
Yup, the plug was finally pulled on this terminal diseased game when it it appeared to be in remission. 777 Studios (ROF) and 1C will be working together to bring you the Battle of Stalingrad.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Re: RIP CloD
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 09:19:39 AM »
What game is it?
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 10:26:06 AM »
What game is it?

CloD = Cliffs of Dover

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
I thinks it's a great game, it's a shame one needs a super computer to run it's graphics to a reasonable level.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 12:56:46 PM »
Yup, the plug was finally pulled on this terminal diseased game when it it appeared to be in remission. 777 Studios (ROF) and 1C will be working together to bring you the Battle of Stalingrad.

What happened?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »
BlackSix
Good day everyone!

So, the long wait is over and we're ready to share with you the news and reveal our plans.

1C Announces Partnership with 777 Studios to create 1C Game Studios and develop Battle of Stalingrad!

You can read the full announcement on the official website of the game - Il2sturmovik.net. We also invite you to our new forum, where you will find additional information about the project and will be able to ask questions and chat with the developers.

I want to draw your attention to the fact that the collection of your wishes and suggestions, various data and answers to your questions, etc. will be made only on the official forum. Our team visits various flight-simulation portals with great respect and we are grateful for their help and support, but we need to focus our attention and efforts on just one as we work through this challenging development period. We hope you understand.

The obligation to communicate with the Russian-speaking community is entrusted to me; I will also assist Jason Williams (president of 777 Studios) with the English-speaking audiences. Also, for very specific or technical topics other members of 1C Game Studios will occasionally lend a hand.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 07:42:01 PM »
BlackSix

Oh, so it was just an announced partnership between 777 Studios and 1C to create a joint studio to make a game.  Did they or Ubisoft also announce they are not going to support CloD in the form of patches and updates including new content?

ack-ack

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 09:32:08 PM »
Couldn't find the thread but CloD development is DEAD. No more patches, support, updates, etc etc etc. The code for the new game will based on the RoF code as the CloD code was a dog's breakfast and was scrapped.

Luthier (Ilya) was shown the door.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 02:53:23 AM »
I picked up a copy at the game store outside the supermarket where I shop for $12 about two months ago and my computer wouldn't run it properly. I gave it to SD67 (StRaNgEdAyS) I haven't heard if he was successful with it or not. I also gave him a copy of Achtung Panzer I got for $8 at the same time, it ran really well on my computer but I was to stupid to figure out what to do with it.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 12:26:54 PM »

Luthier (Ilya) was shown the door.

That is probably the best news, IMO, he was the primary reason why CLoD was a dog.

ack-ack