Author Topic: New Map!  (Read 3692 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: New Map!
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 03:55:31 PM »
Funny I think TT is surrounded by like 50k foot mountains

What makes you think that?  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 03:58:29 PM »
The map's alt scale says the caldera ring is 8k.

The rooks will have the caldera captured by tomorrow morning becasue of this. You will need a strategic bombing initiative to kick them out or accept their dweebishness like with the center island TT on the last map.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 04:00:51 PM »
IT IS A GREEBO CHRISTMAS!!!  Thank you Greebo/HTC!   :banana:  :x   :cheers:  :airplane:
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »
Funny I think TT is surrounded by like 50k foot mountains...and there is a il2.flying around in it right now lol

Remind me to never ask you to navigate.

(PS, you owe someone an apology for blindly insulting/defaming their work/effort without any justifyable reason)

OMG, a TT surrounded by 12k mountains w/ 14-15k peaks...  (average successful MA buff level-bombing altitude is?....)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:09:48 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 04:12:56 PM »
OMG, a TT surrounded by 12k mountains w/ 14-15k peaks...  (average successful MA buff level-bombing altitude is?....)
35 k  for the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
I'm not knocking the work..I really like the map and I give my hats off <S> to it. I did look at scale and they look really tall that's all. I didn't mean 50k so literally. Also I don't mind if TT didn't have mountains around it. I only thought it was funny because of the will that il2 had to make it over the mountains that I thought were much higher.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »
Very Cool map.  Will be interesting to see how this one plays.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 04:30:05 PM »
  (average successful MA buff level-bombing altitude is?....)

On the deck then bail?

Excellent map Greebo...thank you  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »
Thank you very much greebo, great work!  :rock  :cheers:  :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2012, 05:02:34 PM »
This map won't allow you to hide 400 players in your backfeild.

All of your airfeilds are within striking distance hopefuly so you don't have to peek under every rock or look on top of the clouds to find a fight. And the GV bases are arranged so taking one does not stop the GV furball. It just moves it one base over in response to any enemy initiative.

It will be alot easier to respond across fronts to sneek attacks. Porking resources to stop the defence means porking 2 sectors back and 4 wide. You have uncapturable airfeilds situated to up long range high alt fighter sweeps to cover both country fronts. Which means they can respond to attempts to strategicly bomb the backfeild resources down at the secondary bases.

Chances are this map will just be one long furball and very few players will leverage the strategic under pinings to allow organised attack and defence. Or the rooks will just swamp the map like they have been doing lately. Reminds me of the build up to JSO years ago when sunday nights they upped 300+ and made maps unplayable.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2012, 05:44:35 PM »
Funny I think TT is surrounded by like 50k foot mountains...and there is a il2.flying around in it right now lol

that was probably me.   :D

I loaded up the bombs, 4 rockets, the 37mm's, and %75.  It took me what seemed like 3 hours and 8 mins to get to 13k to get through the pass, but once I did I had a great time.  Once I made it to the battle field I dove down at high speed and surveyed the battle lines.  I saw an enemy Panther and figured I'd try mu ch with the bombs, I line up and dove in for kill #1.  The next pass I found a T34/85 flaking to the water side and putting my comrades on the ground in danger.  I dove in and line up and fired all four RS-132 rockets... score!  I tracked the T34/85 well enough to keep him immobile and allow my comrades on the ground their chance to flank him. Ords gone, I grabbed some altitude to check damage and fuel (I took a lot of MG fire but no dmg to the hardy IL-2).  Back on my perch I see 10+ tanks rolling towards a lesser number of allied tanks.  Thinking I'll get back in to the role playing thing, I like up on a Pzr IV for a 37mm run.  Pop goes the weasel.  Not once, not twice, not thrice, but 4 times I was able to line up on Panzer IV's and pop their turrets off their hulls like the head of a dandelion off the stalk.  A quick check of ammo and I still have 40 rounds of 37mm left, but alas just then I get raked by a sneaky Wirblewind and I get a radiator hit.  Knowing my time is short I turn back towards V99 to hopefully land my kills for the Mudderland! I get wheels down and the engine cuts out, luckily I had enough E to roll on to the main pad and land my 6 kills.  Total time in the air: less than 20 mins.  Total time over the battlefield: 5-6 minutes.  Yes, a loaded up IL-2 takes awhile to climb over those mountains.   :D   

Greebo did one heck of a job with this map.  A huge thank you to him for breathing new life in to AH for a lot of players!  Now... can we get you to build a desert or snow map for the MA?   :D     :salute  Greebo
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 05:49:06 PM »
Very cool map.  Thanks Greebo for all you pour into the game.

Would it be possible, at all, to lock in the 3 center V bases to be untakable?

I love the crater.  The fighter that gets into position and patrols around the crater will often find low energy climbers trying to climb over the peaks.  Would make it tough for planes carrying bombs to make it in clean...

OUTSTANDING NEW MAP!!

:cheers:
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
Awesome map
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »
Just popped in to say.....GREAT JOB on the new map!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 10:43:02 PM »
Great map Greebo   :salute

Fester, will you be trying for the 1 up?  :devil oh I hope :x
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"