Author Topic: What the heck is that star in front of some people's name?  (Read 3088 times)

Offline Razzor 479th

• Zinc Member
Re: What the heck is that star in front of some people's name?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2012, 02:03:13 AM »
I've seen a star in front of some people's name in the text buffer.  What is it and how'd it get there?

RAZOR - PIGS ON THE WING

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 02:45:07 AM »
 :bhead
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 03:48:47 AM »
There are those that do. . . and those that do not.  :devil
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Erkel

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2012, 08:12:57 AM »
A star in front of my name?
Woohooo!
An even MORE rewarding reason for
  ~GAMING THE GAME~
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 08:18:57 AM by Erkel »
What if the Hokey Pokey's REALLY what it's all about...

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2012, 10:37:40 AM »
A star in front of my name?
Woohooo!
An even MORE rewarding reason for
  ~GAMING THE GAME~

I got a star and all I did was die a lot.  :confused: :uhoh

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2012, 12:43:27 PM »
I have four :D

Means what? :noid

a star for every 50h played in fighters this tour? :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 12:27:22 AM »
Dweebometer
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 02:35:07 AM »
It's used to ensure that those that refuse to gain skill such as BCM/ACM can get a "shiny" for doing important things such as jumping jeeps, bailing out and spraying 25k rounds...next-up levels and magic spells.

WTS Magical 109K4, level 21--comes with "Puff Goes the Tater" Magic Spell +21 dmg to buffs, comes with 43 achievements--23 platinum or best offer.

Mom taught me to say something nice, if I tell the truth on occasion, so--good job on the new map.

I would have rather seen something along the lines of historical ranks and medals (pick your choice of allied/luftwaffe etc), based on skill (lifetime perk points) than this obvious cartoon attempt to keep the interest of the WoW-generation.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 02:54:00 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 03:12:54 AM »
It's used to ensure that those that refuse to gain skill such as BCM/ACM can get a "shiny" for doing important things such as jumping jeeps, bailing out and spraying 25k rounds...next-up levels and magic spells.

WTS Magical 109K4, level 21--comes with "Puff Goes the Tater" Magic Spell +21 dmg to buffs, comes with 43 achievements--23 platinum or best offer.

Mom taught me to say something nice, if I tell the truth on occasion, so--good job on the new map.

I would have rather seen something along the lines of historical ranks and medals (pick your choice of allied/luftwaffe etc), based on skill (lifetime perk points) than this obvious cartoon attempt to keep the interest of the WoW-generation.

Ha! So you have elite skills now huh?  :rolleyes:

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 03:13:52 AM »
Ha! So you have elite skills now huh?  :rolleyes:

? What does my post have to do with elite skills? I gave constructive feedback (see the last line), are you so married to this system that you need to resort to a smart arse comment?  Granted I made a smart remark, which may have escaped you, but maybe add some substance/feedback to the issue at hand...or else not post?  It's obvious I don't like how this is being implemented as it does nothing to add to the historical feel/aura of the game.  Why do you like the stars so much that you feel the need to defend them?  Please do tell, because I just don't "get it."  My feedback: Do it right, give us WWII ranks, ribbons, medals that reflect lifetime achievement and not this cartoon World of Warcraft (WoW) "shiny" crap.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 03:44:52 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 04:41:58 AM »
Eleventh word in your first post. "Skill." Your last line amounts to an excuse for posting, but in reality you are whining like a little school girl. Very little of the game has anything to do with history except the type of aircraft and vehicles used.

Ranks and ribbons? Are you kidding me? You whine about shiny and that is how you want to "fix" it?  :rolleyes:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 05:13:17 AM »
I got a star and all I did was die a lot.  :confused: :uhoh

Hold it, hold it...

We met in the air yesterday and it was not me flying home afterwads  :uhoh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 05:20:36 AM »
I was muted by the community for speaking excessively of achievement pride so be careful about bragging. :old:
Under achievers and those without said star(s) seem to lean more towards envy than admiration. :old:
May those without star, graduate, one day, to be among us that have earned said star(s). :old:
It only takes around five under achievers to report you resulting in said muting. :old:
I have earned at least thirty achievements already and they were fun. :old:
Measured achievement is better than unmeasured achievement. :old:
I'm proud of my star and hope for a gold star, one day. :old:
May each of you achieve more in the future. :old:
Be proud of your achievements. :old:
Good luck to all. :old:

:cheers:

:joystick:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:42:02 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 05:54:24 AM »
Eleventh word in your first post. "Skill." Your last line amounts to an excuse for posting, but in reality you are whining like a little school girl. Very little of the game has anything to do with history except the type of aircraft and vehicles used.

Ranks and ribbons? Are you kidding me? You whine about shiny and that is how you want to "fix" it?  :rolleyes:

Only 453 more, and you'll be there.  Go get'em tiger!  You still haven't answered my question, or did you again only read the first line?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 05:56:57 AM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds