Author Topic: tired of scumbag manuvers  (Read 8735 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: tired of scumbag manuvers
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2012, 07:39:57 AM »
shida, that was very Confucious-sounding...he's Chinese.  Please stick to Japanese in the future...as its your name.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Quotes from Hagakure next time then Guv'nor  :old:

I just don't understand why people get bent out of shape when someone on the opposing side shoots them.  It's the game.  Like Colombo said, if you're in a vehicle in the arena, you're a target.  If you decide to land at a field where there are enemy you deserve what you get.  If you do that and a buddy of yours happens to be in a Wirble,  the would-be vulcher also deserves what he gets.

I myself don't get bent out of shape and I'm no longer surprised what I see in Aces High even from members of the most long standing and so-called 'prestigious' squadrons. But let's agree to call a spade a spade shall we: hosing a damaged plane who is trying to land, for instance, is simply to do with getting another 'kill' by any means possible rather than earning it through skill & hard work.

Arp!  Arp! Arp!

I hear another baby seal yelping...

Can I ask you a question SF, I looked up your score and plane choices. I don't know how long you've flown for but would you say your ACM is less that tip top?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2012, 07:54:54 AM »

Can I ask you a question SF, I looked up your score and plane choices. I don't know how long you've flown for but would you say your ACM is less that tip top?

My ACM topped out before there was ever a game called Aces High.  Since than it's been a long slow slid into mediocrity.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2012, 08:02:08 AM »
My ACM topped out before there was ever a game called Aces High.  Since than it's been a long slow slid into mediocrity.

Aha! The missing piece. Thank you for being candid.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline CZCH64

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »
Well since we all want the game to be real as possible. Why not shoot a landing plane? I'm quite sure that happened often during the war. Wasn't that the preferred method for downing 262's? Also it aint very wise trying to land when you have EA flying around your base. Gotta use your head man.
aka....... SCRATCH

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2012, 08:23:48 AM »

^^^ SF that is one of the best quotes I have seen on the BBS.   :salute 

With some of the young talent in the game, I feel like that all of the time.  I have been playing Sims since FS1 on a PCJR, get my butt kicked by a 16 year old who has been playing the game for a few weeks.  The getting old crap is over rated...lol.

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »
This statement makes you wonder what those people are missing in their non-AH life. 

I think you misunderstood, I am talking about everyone in the game has an ego, from the n00b to the top. Some handle it better than others, at one stage or another it always gets the best of you.  :D

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 10:23:04 AM »
^^^ SF that is one of the best quotes I have seen on the BBS.   :salute 

With some of the young talent in the game, I feel like that all of the time.  I have been playing Sims since FS1 on a PCJR, get my butt kicked by a 16 year old who has been playing the game for a few weeks.  The getting old crap is over rated...lol.

I am convinced the only real natural gift you can have for Aces High is your ability to learn, maybe muscle co-ordination in your hand, as it is really an aqquired skillset, young people do learn better than us old gits! Its quite shocking and depressing to see how quickly kids pick this up, well for the old dudes that is  :D

Offline Stalwart

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
Vulching someone landing with kills is only slightly less satisfying than landing kills under a vulch.   :rock

<S> To whomever it was that got you.  :devil

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2012, 08:38:04 PM »
I launched a lanc mission under an enemy fur all, downed thier HQ, and landed it two hours under the same furball.

They went after every plane headed out to the gv spawns and ignored me.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: December 29, 2012, 09:49:29 PM »
Murphy's Law: If it can happen, it will.

At least it was your cartoon airplane, not someone broadsiding your real car.

But it does not have to

i suppose it is just a matter of being a bit zen about it all. . . just make sure that if that person ever comes around talking like they are pro. . . well you can make a montage.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2012, 09:53:10 PM »
This thread reminds me of a thread I started suggesting a kill should not be registered if an aircraft's wheels were still on the ground. From that one I learned vulching was actually quite a popular pastime.  :rolleyes:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2012, 11:34:11 PM »
This thread reminds me of a thread I started suggesting a kill should not be registered if an aircraft's wheels were still on the ground. From that one I learned vulching was actually quite a popular pastime.  :rolleyes:

Wait......, wait ..........ok now he just lifted, nail him   :D

Not very sportsman like, but I confess I would do it especially during a base take, and you will see me up from a horded base and get shot down but you will never see me make a Post like the OP did.
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2012, 07:03:37 AM »

I like that idea.

It might encourage people actually using the landing gear........to land.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2012, 07:29:11 AM »
I like that idea.

It might encourage people actually using the landing gear........to land.

what does it matter to you if someone is using THEIR landing gear or not?

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2012, 10:00:12 AM »
I Gotta go with what Pappy Boyington  did while with the Flying Tigers.I beleive 5 or 6 of his kills were ground kills. Since he was flying as a merc "$500 a kill " he got payed !
AkCaine