Author Topic: Arena Etiquette Confusion  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Arena Etiquette Confusion
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2013, 11:51:26 AM »
The Grayclif will shoot down anyone, at anytime, whenever he chooses. This is my last warning.

The Grayclif hath spoke.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: January 04, 2013, 12:06:24 PM »
First Midway posted this....to troll

To me it's very simple.  In the MA, if they are red I'm going after them.  If two people want a 1v1, then they should find an empty base or better yet go to the DA.  :aok
...and get berated, on rare occasion, for jumping in.   I ...ignore the rare berater. :)

..this implies he doesn't care what his country men think, if it's red he's going after it.Then added this...
Just like in real life you sometimes have to ignore those that wish to disparage you. :old:

...in the usual pattern to seem like victim, and to seem Zen like in his response to being persecuted.

Then contradicted his first reply again with this...

Instead, I tend to follow the golden rule "Treat others as you would want them to treat you". :)

Implying he's very mindful of his opponents and country men's feelings.

Then added this....
If the 2nd is on my side and asks first, I will answer honestly...
...following the golden rule and respecting the decision of others never gets me upset and very often results in great fights...
Consider the golden rule to help in these matters. :old:

...to imply he communicates with teammates to make sure he is only doing what they want him to do, and is a good community advocate who uses the radio to make sure no bad feelings are generated, like a true Zen master.

I rest my case.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #183 on: January 04, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »
The Grayclif will shoot down anyone, at anytime, whenever he chooses. This is my last warning.

The Grayclif hath spoke.

Yes, yes, we know. Let's get on with it already
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #184 on: January 04, 2013, 12:12:00 PM »
Yes, yes, we know. Let's get on with it already

If he wins, I'm givin him your iPad!!!

(Can I get some DA action prior to/after this little dust up?)

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #185 on: January 04, 2013, 12:14:48 PM »
If he wins, I'm givin him your iPad!!!

(Can I get some DA action prior to/after this little dust up?)

Yes. Tonight 11pm
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2013, 12:18:51 PM »
Yes. Tonight 11pm

I will try to be there, but might fly FSO.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »
First Midway posted this....to troll

..this implies he doesn't care what his country men think, if it's red he's going after it.Then added this...
...in the usual pattern to seem like victim, and to seem Zen like in his response to being persecuted.

Then contradicted his first reply again with this...

Implying he's very mindful of his opponents and country men's feelings.

Then added this....
...to imply he communicates with teammates to make sure he is only doing what they want him to do, and is a good community advocate who uses the radio to make sure no bad feelings are generated, like a true Zen master.

I rest my case.

Vinky, off the mark again.  :frown:

(1) I did not state that to troll.  I stated it because it is my general approach and is truth.
(2) Do you not also sometimes ignore those that wish to disparage you?  I stated truth.
(3) I do tend to treat others as I want to be treated.  I expect others to generally take the red is dead approach as well. So, again, truth.
(4) if someone decides to jump in after I ask them not to, I respect their decision.  Again, truth.

Truth is truth and I was/am being sincere and honest. :old:
Vinky is mistaken and misinterpreting again. :old:
The golden rule does tend to guide me. :old:
Vinky's rested case is flawed. :old:

:)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:31:39 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2013, 12:16:56 PM »
I wonder how many times one needs to be off the mark before delusion sets in. :headscratch:

I think it's been pegged at less than 1:1    :ahand
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2013, 12:47:38 PM »
Asking before jumping in a 1v1 is good.

Asking to be left alone if you are in a 1v1 you want to stay that way is good.

Expecting either to happen or be honored in a furball consistently is unrealistic in the MA.

Getting upset about anything that happens in a video game is silly.

When flying against bigger numbers in a furball, generally its accepted that the idea is to clean out as many as possible to even it up. Still nice to ask, but often too busy to expect that to happen.

Everyone in the game has their own set of "rules" and there are too many versions to keep track of.  The guy that never gangs might be fine spawn camping.  The guy that picks a lot may never want help when he ends up turning in a 1v1, but might be HO'er at every chance.  The guy that gangs, picks, HOs, bomb****s, camps, runs, stick stirs, and vulches is often the guy that complains about it the most.

One guy might have fun killing radar and ords, then running home unscathed to continue on some base taking plan.  The next guy wants to dive into a sea of red and see how long he lasts.  Fly and let fly.  

I am digging this response.  Kind of the thing I am thinking but couldn't find words for.  Ultimately, I will salute a good fight.  If not a good fight, no sense in honoring a pick. 

Makes me crazy when I am in a great fight or a furball I am beginning to win only to get picked off.  However, shame on me for bad SA.  Or shame on me for the decision to engage in a fight I know I will eventually blow energy.  Either way, it is a game designed for the masses. 

Personally, if I see a 1 vs. 1 going on, I'll ask if help is needed.  If I get a response, I honor the answer.  If I don't get a response, I hover the fight until I see what the outcome is.  If I see another enemy plane entering said 1 vs. 1, I will engage the first plane I think needs to die to set up the next fight, regardless of what the response to the question is because the changing environment of the fight at hand.  But I also communicate that information with the common goal of getting both me and the friendly out of it alive to fight again in the same sortie.

I don't like helping someone out that asks for help only to get jumped while my scrubbing gets him out of the mess so he can extend while I usually die.  I assume, that when I am asked to help, that plane is in it with me to the death, or the enemy's death.  Too often, I help only to have helped that person escape to go land their 2 kills while I am left to deal with that plane plus his buddies trying to get in to help him.  Though I do enjoy the practice and I learn a lot.  I suppose I am used to flying with my squad in which we have the 3 to 7 second extend rule to keep applied pressure on said fight (part of our wingman training we do).

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2013, 03:49:26 PM »
Please don't ever ask me for permission to help me, just do it. I embrace team tactics, and I find it annoying when somebody is asking me questions while I'm trying to fight.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

The fact is I am humbled often, by, for example, Bruv, Pervert, Redbull, batfinkV, etc.  all excellent pilots. :salute

:huh I fear am I getting close to midway's 'list' ...  God help me  :uhoh  :bolt:

:noid
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: January 05, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
:huh I fear am I getting close to midway's 'list' ...  God help me  :uhoh  :bolt:

:noid

:lol   FPH list.... No.    :)

Only batfinkV, Yenny, and possibly TwinBoom would make it... if I were to expand it to ten FPHs. :cheers:

Ten is a good number since one can count them with ten fingers. :old:
Even the number system is based on base ten. :old:
A decision will come later this year. :old:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 04:14:47 PM by Midway »

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »
:lol   FPH list.... No.    :)

Only batfinkV, Yenny, and possibly TwinBoom would make it... if I were to expand it to ten FPHs. :cheers:

Ten is a good number since one can count them with ten fingers. :old:
Even the number system is based on base ten. :old:
A decision will come later this year. :old:

Whew!
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #194 on: January 05, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »
 :eek: :eek: :huh :huh :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :huh :huh :eek: :eek:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher