Author Topic: I must admit Debrody is pretty good in the Spitfire MK VIII  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: I must admit Debrody is pretty good in the Spitfire MK VIII
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2013, 06:16:09 PM »

Sorry can't read your post all I see is my quote then "you are ignoring this user"
Wish the in game ignore feature worked this easy instead of always typing the persons name.

No need to apologize.   We can't all be awesome, can we? :)

Did I tell you I main-gunned a full formation of Lancs the other day too? :D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 06:19:59 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2013, 07:08:18 PM »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2013, 07:16:11 PM »
Spitfires are less dweeby than 109's.

I find myself more successful in 109's than in Spits. Simply because 109's 9/10 can disengage from a fight, extend, gain alt and rejoin the fight. 109 G14's are the best IMHO, turn tighter than a K4, and are still quick enough to cause most aircraft a headache.

Spitfires accelerate and turn much better than almost everything, however as stated above. It is ALWAYS on the defensive against 51's, 109's, 190's. Its only capability is to dodge and hope the pilot is dumb enough to maneuver. Zekes and Hurri's out turn and out gun them as well.

Truth, at last.
Why does every thread with the words Spit and/or Fire become a festival for the mundane?

I see a lot of K9’s doing the flap/throttle cha-cha in front of me. If it works I’m toast. If it doesn’t I see a lot of them either doing the penyata (German style) and begging to receive a Hispano enema or high tailing it out to bank some more E and either live to fight another day or come back for another go. It’s what they do. No problem with that. Don’t care. They play to their strengths and I’m not at all surprised when they don’t want to get into a flat turning or looping knife fight. I take the same attitude with a Zeke.

Frankly, most of the 109/190 crew worthy of respect (Kappa, DeBrody, Redbull et al) don’t hand out much “Spit Grief”. I gather they’re above it and concentrate on their own game. One has to admire that. Most of the vitriol comes from second, third and fourth rate virtual pilots. If I want to know why I got shot down I’ll look in a mirror, not at the opposition. Make fewer mistakes, add more pelts.

I am embarrassed though to post on a Midway generated thread. Seriously Midway, if you could get someone to give you a $1.00 for every strange thought that you post, you would be in a position to buy the game and then we would all have to bow to your version of the world or buy X-Box’s. But it’s the people that make the game, so post on.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2013, 03:13:32 AM »
Debrody:

:aok  :aok  You own the high ground and you're right you don't need this.  

How old is this self-professed once upon a time better than 95% in the game, WHO could also go toe to toe with the 5% remaining and beat all of them half of the time too? 15 yrs. old, that would seem about right, how old is it Who?

:headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
Debrody:

:aok  :aok  You own the high ground and you're right you don't need this.  

How old is this self-professed once upon a time better than 95% in the game, WHO could also go toe to toe with the 5% remaining and beat all of them half of the time too? 15 yrs. old, that would seem about right, how old is it Who?

:headscratch:

Age is irrelevant when it comes to skill.   You're right, I believe I can beat 95% of pilots in my Spitfire.  Debrody being in the 5%. :aok   I never said I can beat the other 5% half the time.  You're making up an exaggeration with that. :rolleyes:

Am pretty sure I can down you no problem though. Will be glad to test that theory in MA with you sometime. :D

I was complimenting Debrody's skill in our fights since I couldn't do it in game.  :joystick:

It's good to say something nice when well deserved. :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2013, 03:39:39 AM »
Wasn't speaking about your fighter skill in my reference, but your ability to troll may exceed it. You could have said "Debrody that was an awesome fight, you're really good," and left it at that, but you did not.

Re: your ability to get around on me, I've been here since late August and had not flown a flight sim since MSCFS probably 4 yrs ago. DA, maybe if I'm in the mood, I know I've got a lot to learn and I'm sure I could learn a lot from you, you have already shown me a lot of what not to do  :D

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2013, 04:15:18 AM »
Frankly, most of the 109/190 crew worthy of respect (Kappa, DeBrody, Redbull et al) don’t hand out much “Spit Grief”. I gather they’re above it and concentrate on their own game. One has to admire that. Most of the vitriol comes from second, third and fourth rate virtual pilots. If I want to know why I got shot down I’ll look in a mirror, not at the opposition. Make fewer mistakes, add more pelts.
You put me in a category with Debrody and kappa?  :huh

You mean they kamikaze auger into fields too?!  :x

Well, although in a knife fight the spitfire is superior I really enjoy fighting (most of) them because it can be challenging trying to turn with a Mk. 9 or 16 in a k4. Although, the actual pilots are rarely very good though. The best part is as stated above - spits will not run (usually) ! Which means I can get a real fight, which is always great.

Same goes for Hurricanes since they've been nerfed IMO - They can be really fun to turn with  :t
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:44 AM »
It's good to say something nice when well deserved. :old:

You are the most awesome troll in the entire history of Aces High Midway. Well done.  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2013, 04:41:45 AM »
Age is irrelevant when it comes to skill.   You're right, I believe I can beat 95% of pilots in my Spitfire.

I've seen no skill from you, your nowhere near the top 30% in this game, and you wouldn't know what "beating" someone with skill is even if it actually happened to you... and that would be by accident.  You're a waste of time, and a troll, and not even a good one at that!   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2013, 05:11:10 AM »
If Who is indeed in the top 5% of aces in this game then his stats should reflect that. The data does not support his claims. Quite the opposite actually.  :salute

Hell, he doesn't even have a 1.0 K/D! WTF is this guy smoking.  :rofl
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:14:58 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2013, 06:56:17 AM »
When it comes down to a same planes 1v1, everything turns out.
The fantasy how he combines his moves, the quality he executes his moves, the straight(or not) logic of his fight, the way he can forsee what to do to win, how he is stalling, how he is reversing, what he is doing in a post-stall situation... theese niceties tell everything about the skill level, also theese make the difference between an average one and a real "top 5%" pilot. Im not the best but i think i have reached a level where i surely can decide if someone is or not.

Honesly speaking, midway is very weak on some sides. He has little to no fantasy in his flight and it makes him predictable. He was just trying to follow my moves without bringing anyhing new to the fight or was just flying from routine. Really a one trick jockey: chop throttle, full flaps as quickly as possible and shoot the opponent' face on the second merge. The problem comes when the opponent forsees it and reacts sooner, then he is a toast. The quality of his moves in the low-speed stalls are not top notch either, to phrase mildly - its clean that he have never been forced to push the spit8 to its limits. What was even more surprising, he had no idea about how to get the best out from his own ride, not even theoretically. Clearly he is so proud when his plane does the job instead of him, but fails when he actually has to work for the victory.
   To say something good too, at least he is not running from a same planes 1v1 like some mouthpieces.

I have no bad willing towards him, only telling what i ave seen during those fights.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 07:03:33 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2013, 08:19:02 AM »
You could have said "Debrody that was an awesome fight, you're really good," and left it at that, but you did not.

I said he was "pretty good" because to say "really good" would not be accurate, imho.  "Really good" is reserved mostly for Fighter Pilot Hero level fighting prowess.  :)

I made my statement and did leave it at that.  Check the original post.  Not my fault my peeps have the need to chime in, wanting a deeper conversation. :angel:

Being accurate is important. :old:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2013, 09:31:41 AM »
You are the most awesome troll in the entire history of Aces High Midway. Well done.  :salute

:headscratch: Why do you say that?  Trolling, I believe, involves deceit in some form based on the definition I'm reading.  The things I'm saying I truly believe based on my observations.  We fought roughly a dozen times in the same aeroplanes.  He is skilled and fun to fight.  I <3 Debrody... he's funny too.   :)

I was being honest and sincere with my post regarding Debrody.  He really is pretty good in the Spitfire MK VIII.  :aok   I wanted to publicly state my admiration for his skill. :angel:

Have you never complimented someone's fighting prowess publicly?  Does that also mean you are trolling? :rolleyes:

Sometimes it helps to look at the glass half full, Nrshida. :old:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 09:38:21 AM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
I've seen no skill from you, your nowhere near the top 30% in this game, and you wouldn't know what "beating" someone with skill is even if it actually happened to you... and that would be by accident.  You're a waste of time, and a troll, and not even a good one at that!   :aok

We've fought Spitfire vs F4U twice that I recall.  The first time your engine died and really wasn't much of a fight.  The second time I pwned your F4U, shooting you twice when you had no guns on me.  You went down and started ranting on 200 because you lost.  :furious

So, based on you losing just those two (or one) fight(s), you claim I have no skill.  Hmmm. :rolleyes:

Interesting avatar you have, SkyRock.  :)

PS: Looking forward to running into you again in the MA and "accidentally" downing your F4U. :ahand
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:45:04 AM by Midway »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2013, 10:00:00 AM »
I made my statement and did leave it at that.  Check the original post.  Not my fault my peeps have the need to chime in, wanting a deeper conversation. :angel:

:old:

Inaccurate because of this: "Well, I was 100% and he wasn't for the vast majority of fights, that is true. headscratch"

and this: "Quote from: Karnak on December 31, 2012, 06:39:09 PM
Not true.  If both players are in Spitfires it becomes clear who is better.

Indeed. Big Grin"

and this
: "I thought about upping my Spitfire MK IX (the "big iron"), but thought Debrody might cry foul, so didn't."

and this: "No need to apologize.   We can't all be awesome, can we? Smiley"

Now, had you stopped and just let the Salute be it you wouldn't have been trolling.