Author Topic: Operation Midway  (Read 13389 times)

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
Re: Operation Midway
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2013, 02:20:57 AM »

Therefore you dont have any right to belittle anyone here. Hypocricy cant fool us anymore.

Do not want to inflate a.....Pissant but this is spot on

+1 nrshida

<S> THE Dark Side
Dodger
It's about the fight.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2013, 05:10:51 AM »
don't make me dig up our spit stats...  :rolleyes:

ok, I was curious, so I did... but would you say more than half? close to half? a quarter? I'll post the #'s after you answer.

My guess is between a quarter and a half for both LA7 and Spitfires. :)

But I'm ignoring the many picks and the occasional vulches... am talking just 1v1s. :joystick:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:19:58 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2013, 05:36:46 AM »
Do not want to inflate a..... <deleted> but this is spot on

+1 nrshida

<S> THE Dark Side

Dodger use to down me with ease...  but not any more. :aok

:)

I have to admit one of the most rewarding activities in AH is improving to the point of winning most fights against those pilots that use to beat me all the time and then use to disparage my fighting skills with name calling and similar dark side activities.

Now, I suspect when it says "who shot you down"... the look on their faces is priceless.  :D

To all newbies... there is hope, but the learning curve is very steep, yet very rewarding. :old:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:39:22 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: January 06, 2013, 05:39:12 AM »

Now, I suspect when it says "who shot you down"... the look on their faces is priceless.  :D

You're bound to get us all at one point or another, over the 2,000 sorties per month.  :lol
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: January 06, 2013, 05:43:48 AM »
don't argue with midway, you'll just end up dirtier....

I pick you all :old:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:48:02 AM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2013, 06:11:29 AM »
don't argue with midway, you'll just end up dirtier....

I pick you all :old:

I just watched the "Bruv Aces High" YouTube video again showing one of your "magic" picks.  :lol

It's still as hilarious as the first time i saw it :rofl

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2013, 06:47:07 AM »
 :D 

Bish better be warned, 2 months are up!  time to let the dogs out.   They will rejoice at the news that you can return to them Middy.    :banana:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »
My guess is between a quarter and a half for both LA7 and Spitfires. :)

But I'm ignoring the many picks and the occasional vulches... am talking just 1v1s. :joystick:

In the MA you can't really talk "1v1" since so many variables, so we'll just have to go with the raw nbrs.

LA7 v Midway spits (all flavors):    103 - 53 my favor.
Spit v Spit (all flavors):   19 -13 my favor.
Spit8 v Spit8:  3 - 0 my favor.
Spit9 v Spit9: 13 - 11 (this is the closest you come in any type.)
Spit16 v Spit16: 2 - 1 my favor.
Spit 14 v Spit9: 1 - 1 break even.

My La7/Spits vs your Spits:  122 - 66, which comes out to  65% - 35%  or just a little over 1/3rd of the time are you able to make something happen - of course the % would drop if you take out the times you ganged, or jumped me slow or camped the airfields, right?  :aok  So a quarter sounds about right, maybe, and this doesn't include the other plane types we've ran into each other in.

I basically wrote you off when you confirmed your unwilingness to actually try to improve.  :old: :joystick: :airplane:

I'm in Bruv's camp on this - it amuses me how others let you get under their skin and in their heads. This is only area you have some acknowledgement from me for being somewwhat good in, lol.  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: January 06, 2013, 01:23:32 PM »
In the MA you can't really talk "1v1" since so many variables, so we'll just have to go with the raw nbrs.

LA7 v Midway spits (all flavors):    103 - 53 my favor.
Spit v Spit (all flavors):   19 -13 my favor.
Spit8 v Spit8:  3 - 0 my favor.
Spit9 v Spit9: 13 - 11 (this is the closest you come in any type.)
Spit16 v Spit16: 2 - 1 my favor.
Spit 14 v Spit9: 1 - 1 break even.

My La7/Spits vs your Spits:  122 - 66, which comes out to  65% - 35%  or just a little over 1/3rd of the time are you able to make something happen - of course the % would drop if you take out the times you ganged, or jumped me slow or camped the airfields, right?  :aok  So a quarter sounds about right, maybe, and this doesn't include the other plane types we've ran into each other in.

I basically wrote you off when you confirmed your unwilingness to actually try to improve.  :old: :joystick: :airplane:

I'm in Bruv's camp on this - it amuses me how others let you get under their skin and in their heads. This is only area you have some acknowledgement from me for being somewwhat good in, lol.  :aok

:O Awesome!  Thank you for putting this together.  :rock

It's good to know my perspective was/is correct.  In your disclaimer portion though, you would also have to exclude the various picks, etc... that you did of me.  Given that I'm easier to pick (due to weak SA), that would probably work the percentages more in my favor, but I'll go with 35% to 40% of the time, I win. :D

Note that what I said earlier still stands... I can beat you with substantial frequency, as you've proven (and as I demonstrated landing your scalp four in a row in the same sortie), but it's impossible for me to do that with Bruv and other top 5% pilots... because they know and do something in a dimension of flying I do not yet understand and that I don't see you do either....  ergo, my signficant victory percentages on you.  :ahand

You also aren't including the time I upped an LA7 and downed you in your own ride with due haste. :ahand

It's good when the numbers prove one's perspective is accurate and one's statements are indeed closer to fact than fantasy. :old:

Fact is, Shane, if you meet me 1 v 1, there is a substantial probability that I land and you don't. :banana:

Although it's not a certainty or majority of the time -- yet. :)

Let those that disparage my piloting skills be awed by the facts as presented. :old:

I'm a good pilot!  It's now proven!  ... and I've even improved since Shane's last tour.  :D

The thrill of victory. :banana:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:33:07 PM by Midway »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: January 06, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »
You HO all the time, You HO on second merge....one reason for people to disparage your flying skills.

I'll let others finish the list....HO on second merge is a low tactic, not a high and mighty skill. I made a thread about this years ago.

The difference between HO on first merge and second is the ability to avoid said HO on second merge dramatically decreases because of less E and less time to react due to close proximity of the planes.

What it also does is throws off what a person would normally do during merge.......if they go vertical to avoid...give YOU shot....they wait till after avoiding it...they lose their angles

see what I'm getting at?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
You HO all the time, You HO on second merge....one reason for people to disparage your flying skills.

I'll let others finish the list....HO on second merge is a low tactic, not a high and mighty skill. I made a thread about this years ago.

The difference between HO on first merge and second is the ability to avoid said HO on second merge dramatically decreases because of less E and less time to react due to close proximity of the planes.

What it also does is throws off what a person would normally do during merge.......if they go vertical to avoid...give YOU shot....they wait till after avoiding it...they lose their angles

see what I'm getting at?

All the time, huh? :huh

Here are just a few quotes (there are more), but these were easiest to find: :)

"Midway has never intentionally HO'd me, as far as I can recall." - Krupnski
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343627.msg4535952.html#msg4535952

"But I fought him many times over and he didn't ho at all." - BatfinkV
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343627.msg4535951.html#msg4535951

"You have very rarely HOed me when you know it is a 1vs1 situation." - Bruv119
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,341611.msg4509111.html#msg4509111

Occasionally, one must defend their honour. :old:

:ahand
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:13:33 PM by Midway »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
If you guys have such disdain for Who/Midway why do you find it so important to prove how much better you are than him?  Don't you find that a little pathetic?

Pretty much what I think every time I see this thread (which we seem to have a repeat of 3x per week)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »
All the time? :huh

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343627.msg4535952.html#msg4535952

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343627.msg4535951.html#msg4535951

From personal experience, and from seeing closer to 200 then 2 people saying you always HO......going to go with You HO and Bat and Krup are lucky

DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
From personal experience, and from seeing closer to 200 then 2 people saying you always HO......going to go with You HO and Bat and Krup are lucky

...and you, Sir, would be mistaken when you say I "always HO". :ahand

nuff said. :)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2013, 02:13:23 PM »
...and you, Sir, would be mistaken when you say I "always HO". :ahand

nuff said. :)
Yea you really got me there :rolleyes:
DFC Member
"Yikes"