Author Topic: Operation Midway  (Read 13368 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Operation Midway
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 02:16:16 PM »
Yea you really got me there :rolleyes:

I have HO'ed, on occasion, especially in moment(s) of weakness, but am often falsely accused as proven previously on this forum with pictures and films.... the point is I don't "always" HO as you claim. :rolleyes:

Now, more than nuff said. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2013, 02:36:05 PM »
The reason you find those "5%" pilots more difficult is very simple - we, you and I,  had very little if any past. You had a much closer association in your AH time with those mentioned. You've simply let them to take up residence in your head.

One big(ger) factor that you seemingly overlook is my gunnery % compared to the others. If I had anywhere near that kind of aim (rudder pedals would greatly help tyvm, pls) in a lot of our encounters you've have died a lot faster, increasing that feeling of mssing some 5% mystic fph thing. That 5% is not so much acm as it is gunnery. One must possess a certain amount of both talent and skill to achieve 5%ness. I've never claimed or considered myself to be in the top 5% - but I've always felt squarely in the top ten <--- that's confidence, but I have a substantial reputation in backing it up.  :aok

The biggest barrier you face is yourself.  :old:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2013, 02:37:41 PM »
I have HO'ed, on occasion, especially in moment(s) of weakness, but am often falsely accused as proven previously on this forum with pictures and films.... the point is I don't "always" HO as you claim. :rolleyes:

Now, more than nuff said. :)

You HO a substantial amount of the time.   :rofl
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
You HO a substantial amount of the time.   :rofl

That is more true in the past than in the present, although, you are correct, I have HOed with substantial frequency, however I have also not HOed with substantial frequency as evidenced by the three eyewitnessed quotes presented involving a substantial number of fights. :)

My point is I don't "always" HO as many claim.  Just because I give a good HO, on occasion, and tend to win my HOs, I believe my reputation as "always" HOing is substantially exaggerated, again as evidenced by the three well respected pilots quoted previously.  And Shane, with you as well, I have not HOed you with with far more frequency than I have HO'ed you, if you recall correctly. :aok

JunkyII being incorrect to claim I "always" HO.  :rolleyes:

Now, way more than nuff said on HOing. :bhead
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:10:46 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2013, 02:47:25 PM »
you always go for the HO, that's your trademark and the easy way t figure its you.

HO, pull up, then get ready for the second HO if you can get one
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #200 on: January 06, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »
One big(ger) factor that you seemingly overlook is my gunnery % compared to the others. If I had anywhere near that kind of aim (rudder pedals would greatly help tyvm, pls) in a lot of our encounters you've have died a lot faster

Of course this applies to me as well, so I think we, again, cancel each other out on this aspect of our fights. :)

As far as you saying the thing I'm seeing from the 5%'ers is explained by their gunnery, that is not correct.  

It's how quickly Bruv can get on my six and shoot BBs at me as if I'm a toy that I see as the missing aspect of my flying which he and others have.  :airplane:

Debrody admitted previously: "I use the same trick on you 20 times in 2 days" evidencing again there is an aspect to flying he comprehends that I don't yet, but I see him winning because of it.  It's not gunnery. :frown:

Since I don't see you doing it and I don't do it, it's not possible for either of us to explain it since that would be analogous to the blind leading the blind. :confused:

PS: When I figure it out, I will explain it to you and you'll know I have it figured out when I down Bruv, pervert, and Debrody with substantial frequency in the same aeroplane. :aok
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:11:46 PM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »
you always go for the HO, that's your trademark and the easy way t figure its you.

HO, pull up, then get ready for the second HO if you can get one

:rolleyes:

"Midway has never intentionally HO'd me, as far as I can recall." - Krupnski
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343627.msg4535952.html#msg4535952

"But I fought him many times over and he didn't ho at all." - BatfinkV
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343627.msg4535951.html#msg4535951

"You have very rarely HOed me when you know it is a 1vs1 situation." - Bruv119
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,341611.msg4509111.html#msg4509111

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: January 06, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
Of course this applies to me as well, so I think we, again, cancel each other out on this aspect of our fights. :)

As far as you saying the thing I'm seeing from the 5%'ers is explained by their gunnery, that is not correct.  

It's how quickly Bruv can get on my six and shoot BBs at me as if I'm a toy that I see as the missing aspect of my flying which he and others have.  :airplane:

Debrody admitted previously: "I use the same the same trick on your 20 times in 2 days" evidencing again there is an aspect to flying he comprehends that I don't yet, but I see him winning because of it.  It's not gunnery. :frown:

Since I don't see you doing it and I don't do it, it's not possible for either of us to explain it since that would be analogous to the blind leading the blind. :confused:

I haven't encountered Bruv enough, but I know the move you're describing - it's very difficult to defend against because it's a very well set trap/move.  They are exploiting a weakness that *you* possess, made easier when they know it's you when you're fairly predictable. Post a sample film and someone like batfink or a trainer or even myself can show you exactly where you lost those encounters.

Have you even ever simply asked Bruv, wtf did you just dio and how do I do/defend it? Maybe you have - in any case you're still answerless, and that goes back to the issue you being self-limiting. I've never spent much time beyond our initial encounters in trying to actually get you to improve - you've rejected so many offers and suggestions from so many people that, well... I can only refer you to this...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343495.msg4536456.html#msg4536456

It's almost like you're proving the theory that an infinity amount of monkeys banging away on a keyboard will produce a masterpiece.  Shakespeare produced regularly and contributed substantially to culture.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: January 06, 2013, 03:16:38 PM »
That is more true in the past than in the present, although, you are correct, I claim to have beat you with substantial frequency, however I have also not beat you with substantial frequency.

edited for fun.

which is it?   :headscratch:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: January 06, 2013, 03:18:30 PM »
Fine I was wrong....you still have 400 hours played the last 2 months.

Loser

Nuff said
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: January 06, 2013, 03:20:25 PM »
I haven't encountered Bruv enough, but I know the move you're describing - it's very difficult to defend against because it's a very well set trap/move.  They are exploiting a weakness that *you* possess, made easier when they know it's you when you're fairly predictable. Post a sample film and someone like batfink or a trainer or even myself can show you exactly where you lost those encounters.

Have you even ever simply asked Bruv, wtf did you just dio and how do I do/defend it? Maybe you have - in any case you're still answerless, and that goes back to the issue you being self-limiting. I've never spent much time beyond our initial encounters in trying to actually get you to improve - you've rejected so many offers and suggestions from so many people that, well... I can only refer you to this...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,343495.msg4536456.html#msg4536456

It's almost like you're proving the theory that an infinity amount of monkeys banging away on a keyboard will produce a masterpiece.  Shakespeare produced regularly and contributed substantially to culture.

The problem, Shane, is that I can't comprehend what they are saying.  It has to do with E and angles.  Debrody has a film of him doing it half a dozen times to me the other day.  Bruv almost always does it... it's amazing to watch and nothing I can do about it... it's like my aeroplane is stuck in concrete and they do gymnastics on me.  Grizz tried to explain it...in the DA with dozens of fights.  I got nothing out of it.  It's like another language to me still. :bhead

Pervert once told me it has to do with E and angles.  I can't comprehend it... I've tried many times.  :confused:

Fester does it and did it to me about a 100 times in the DA and I lost every time.  It's about knowing certain cornerring speeds / E states / angles... but I can't do it nor explain it.  

It's like this three dimensional person talking to someone in flat land. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWyTxCsIXE4 :uhoh

Like I said I'm blind still with respect to this "trick" as Debrody describes it. :frown:

I don't want to ask any more or go to the DA/TA and be shown how to do this because after hundreds of times trying I just can't comprehend what they are saying or doing... yet.  I think I have to wait several months and maybe a light bulb will come on. :pray
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:31:07 PM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: January 06, 2013, 03:22:43 PM »
edited for fun.

which is it?   :headscratch:

Both... winning 35% of the time is substantial... as is losing a material percentage of the time.  Substantial means not anywhere close to zero.
1% would not be substantial, nor would 5%. :)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #207 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:40 PM »
Midway:

Because even BAD attention is better than NO attention at all...

:angel:

:cheers:

:bolt:
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:57 PM »
Both... winning 35% of the time is substantial... as is losing a material percentage of the time.  Substantial means not anywhere close to zero.
1% would not be substantial, nor would 5%. :)

The SEC would disagree... 5% of stock ownership is considered "substantial."  It's a very subjective word, entirely dependant upon context.  

In the context of AH, I think "substantial" doesn't fit. I'd go with "you get your licks in - but you still suck."  :noid
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:37:38 PM by Shane »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #209 on: January 06, 2013, 03:31:47 PM »
The problem, Shane, is that I can't comprehend what they are saying.  It has to do with E and angles.  Debrody has a film of him doing it half a dozen times to me the other day.  Bruv almost always does it... it's amazing to watch and nothing I can do about it... it's like my aeroplane is stuck in concrete and they do gymnastics on me.  Grizz tried to explain it...in the DA with dozens of fights.  I got nothing out of it.  It's like another language to me still. :bhead

Pervert once told me it has to do with E and angles.  I can't comprehend it... I've tried many times.  :confused:

Fester does it and did it to me about a 100 times in the DA and I lost every time.  It's about knowing certain cornerring speeds / E states / angles... but I can't do it nor explain it.  It's like a three dimensional person talking to someone in flat land. :uhoh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWyTxCsIXE4

Like I said I'm blind still with respect to this "trick" as Debrody describes it. :frown:

it'd be helpful if you could post or have them post the .ahf file so it can be dissected in the viewer.  There are many tools one can use to get better at various aspects of this game, but again the most critical one is the one between your ears. Use the tool or be a tool.

You might get lucky and do both and end up becoming a  Skyrock.  :neener:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:37:06 PM by Shane »