Author Topic: .Park command  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
.Park command
« on: January 09, 2013, 08:10:24 AM »
- I wish for a .park command which will allow you to land or halt a plane or vehicle, log off and rejoin it up to 12 hours later.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: .Park command
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:44 AM »
What ever for??????

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 08:12:51 AM »
- I wish for a .park command which will allow you to land or halt a plane or vehicle, log off and rejoin it up to 12 hours later.

What's the reasoning?

Would it still be visible to others, and kill-able, if it was parked while the person was offline?  :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »
Why does it need a reason if its easily implementable?

I don't have to justify my ideas to you guys, HT just reads this stuff and picks it if he likes it or not, not wether you collectively think its good or not.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »
Why does it need a reason if its easily implementable?

I don't have to justify my ideas to you guys, HT just reads this stuff and picks it if he likes it or not, not wether you collectively think its good or not.

oh I see, even YOU don't know what it would be good for, but you thought you would suggest it any way.

Nobody asked you to "justify" any thing. We asked what it would be good for and why someone would use it.... questions I'm sure HT and company would also ask.

If you aren't willing to take the time to express the reasoning of these "wishes" why should some one spend the time to read and consider them?

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »
Take the time to create your own thought processes...

Its not my place to make them for you.

PS: HT is already spoonfed maps, skins and sounds by the players along with their subscription money; I don't think explaining anything to them will help AND even if they asked, if they don't understand the idea straight off and say "its good" at first glance, then its probably not worth their time and effort to implement.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:45:12 AM by Torquila »

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:20 AM »

So your hours in flight would show 12 more hours, but you were not actually flying? This could only be because you were muted, and want to burn the mute time, without having to tie your computer up by actually being in the game.

No.
Who is John Galt?

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 08:49:06 AM »
Do You want to order a coffee too ?    :lol

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
Speechless... :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 09:30:08 AM »
Up a c202, pepper everything you see, land somewhere to hide, wait for kills to show in buffer.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »
Take the time to create your own thought processes...

Its not my place to make them for you.

Well if your "wish" makes no sense whats the point of posting it? You might as well post you want an ice cream.

My thought process says you have placed far to much importance on the scoreboard if you can't handle bailing out of the plane when it's time to log off. What other reason could there be to holding your place in the game? If you need the perks when your side wins the war, you can be in the tower, just leave the game on and you will get them. If like someone else said, you hoping to burn off the mute time, don't worry about it. 100 minutes is 100 minutes whether you are logged on or not, the clock is always running.

PS: HT is already spoonfed maps, skins and sounds by the players along with their subscription money; I don't think explaining anything to them will help AND even if they asked, if they don't understand the idea straight off and say "its good" at first glance, then its probably not worth their time and effort to implement.

spoon fed nothing! Player volunteer their time and effort and skills to add those things to the game. I doubt very highly they do it to help HTC out. I'm sure they do it for themselves and other players. 

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 10:16:20 AM »
Well if your "wish" makes no sense whats the point of posting it? You might as well post you want an ice cream.

My thought process says you have placed far to much importance on the scoreboard if you can't handle bailing out of the plane when it's time to log off. What other reason could there be to holding your place in the game? If you need the perks when your side wins the war, you can be in the tower, just leave the game on and you will get them. If like someone else said, you hoping to burn off the mute time, don't worry about it. 100 minutes is 100 minutes whether you are logged on or not, the clock is always running.

spoon fed nothing! Player volunteer their time and effort and skills to add those things to the game. I doubt very highly they do it to help HTC out. I'm sure they do it for themselves and other players. 

+1 to Ice Cream!  :aok

Not so much on the ".park"

Spoonfed?  I would characterize this as "allowing the playerbase to contribute"...much like this wishlist.  Players float an idea...HTC gets to see some player opinions of said idea....good plan.

:salute to those that volunteer their time, effort and skill....  :salute to HTC for allowing them to do it.....  Thanks fellers !
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
 .command alt f4 works  :aok

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2013, 10:22:39 AM »
He wants to do the 50 sorties in a Mossie XVI sort of thing where you land some stupid damage total.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 12:30:11 PM »
.Park goon next to owned town. 

12 hours later, enemy owns town.  Wait for town to be dropped by single set of lanx.  Log in.  Drop troops.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.