Author Topic: the most timid  (Read 28153 times)

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Re: the most timid
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2013, 10:32:12 AM »
In regard to the main arena it's nonsense.
it's not nonsense to expect another player to 'play'.... this is not new, and one can find many sports and games that actually have penalties for not being aggressive(ie shotclocks in basketball, Chess, and tennis etc.)  the reason is that being too timid is generally bad for the overall enjoyment of the game....  
it's like a kid taking his ball and going home when he loses the lead so he won't lose the game in kickball or something... it's his ball, you can't force him to play, but doing that is disrespectful to the other players who play the game win or lose....

You want people to play to suit you.
No....  just to play.   :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2013, 11:18:41 AM »
lol
Im a 190 pilot.
I want the people to turn with me.
See the irony in that?

I see irony when you want to improve the game by insulting players.

it's not nonsense to expect another player to 'play'.... this is not new, and one can find many sports and games that actually have penalties for not being aggressive(ie shotclocks in basketball, Chess, and tennis etc.)  the reason is that being too timid is generally bad for the overall enjoyment of the game.... 
it's like a kid taking his ball and going home when he loses the lead so he won't lose the game in kickball or something... it's his ball, you can't force him to play, but doing that is disrespectful to the other players who play the game win or lose....
No....  just to play.   :aok

It's nonsense to expect every player in the MA to be duelling you.

Everybody is playing. They just aren't playing to your preference.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
I see irony when you want to improve the game by insulting players.  
Well, i dont know who is trying to insult who this time...  <sigh>

Anyway. I was flying the very worst turnfighter in this game. Often enough, low, almost on the deck. All i wanted was just a fight, and often enough, couldnt get it due to the opponents were running away.
I have no idea what else i can offer them as an advantage.
Guessing, its all my fault.

But heck, i would be really curious about what do you know, you trainer, you... in a private fight, of course.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:39:29 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2013, 11:42:55 AM »
That would make sense if we were talking about dueling. In regard to the main arena it's nonsense.

There is a huge difference between someone that stays aggressive and flies out to 5k, only to double back (after he finds help) to pick his original combatant.  I'm not saying you're one of this type, but that kind of gameplay is boring and doesn't progress the ability and/or fun of anyone in the game.

If you want to debate decent game play, the high alt bombers or squads that fly as a pack in the MA can be a debate, but the above is not. It is very simple,  black and white...
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2013, 11:48:02 AM »
There is a huge difference between someone that stays aggressive and flies out to 5k, only to double back (after he finds help) to pick his original combatant.

It's your job to kill him before he finds that help.  It's not his job to give you a fair fight.  You should've had the plane and the E and the gunnery to kill him before he could do that.  If you didn't, that's on you.

I'm not saying you're one of this type, but that kind of gameplay is boring and doesn't progress the ability and/or fun of anyone in the game.

If you want to debate decent game play, the high alt bombers or squads that fly as a pack in the MA can be a debate, but the above is not. It is very simple,  black and white...

I disagree.  It's everybody's job to set themselves up to be able to kill as many of the opposing side as they can, however they can.  It is also everybody's job to be responsible for their own safety, not up under a vulch, avoid the gangbang, etc.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2013, 12:12:14 PM »
With the same phylosophy, i can fly at 50k in a 152 and say "neener, you cant shoot me down", also "you suck as it was your job to get higher".
Okay, it was an extreme case, still.

Possibly its my fault, but when i give something, i expect something back too. Nope, not that what i gave, just a little part of it. I will never ever say, only fight 1v1s in a many vs many situation, but when someone has all the cards plane-wise, also the opportunity to kill me in a fair fight (190 vs pony/jug/38, co-E, is that considered fair? or am i asking too much?), at least try. If an all around better plane is running away from an equal situation, its like shouting out loudly that "you are soooooooooooo much better than me" or "i have all the cards, but not the balls".

Its my point. Flame me, call me insulting, chest beating, what ever, i dont care any more. I have my own opinion about you. Out from this absolutely pointless "conversation", along with my insulting lingual difficulties.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2013, 12:26:41 PM »
It's your job to kill him before he finds that help.  It's not his job to give you a fair fight.

It also isn't my job to respect this style of game play. Can you imagine if you stayed in a defensible corner with mines around you in some 1st person shooter game? You would be immediately booted if a moderator was on, not because you can't play like that but because it is incredibly rude to other people.

You should've had the plane and the E and the gunnery to kill him before he could do that.  If you didn't, that's on you.

With that in mind, everyone would fly high alt P51s... wait, they already do.

I'm not asking for a Jackie Chan type of fight, where each attacker comes at you one at a time. Unfortunately, the decorum has deteriorated in AH to the point that 1v1s are generally avoided. Try it sometime, fly out and drag an enemy out away from the pack. Most of the time, he notices he is alone and he doubles back.

With that, I'm done with the thread as I'm not going to change anyone's mind.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:31:12 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2013, 12:29:09 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh This is dumb !  :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2013, 12:40:19 PM »
Someone in a thread recently (may have been this one) gave a simple question to ask yourself while playing.

"If everybody played like this, what kind of game would it be?"

If you answer yourself honestly you'll know why your actions (or lack there of) are considered lame by many of us in the community.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2013, 12:53:14 PM »
Well, i dont know who is trying to insult who this time...  <sigh>

Anyway. I was flying the very worst turnfighter in this game. Often enough, low, almost on the deck. All i wanted was just a fight, and often enough, couldnt get it due to the opponents were running away.
I have no idea what else i can offer them as an advantage.
Guessing, its all my fault.

But heck, i would be really curious about what do you know, you trainer, you... in a private fight, of course.

I haven't insulted you. I made excuses for you. I understand your point, as I said before. I fly in the same arena. I merge in a P-51 and the bandit turns 180 and dives out. I engage 2 P-51s in a stall fight and a 190 blows through and oils me. I know how annoying it is. What I don't do is insult the players or complain about it. It's the MA, it's not a private duel.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2013, 01:05:48 PM »
What both of you are effectively saying is, you want your opponents to give you a chance that they don't have to.

I'm saying I don't want an arena where my opponents are doing anything less than their best to kill me and survive.  To me that's more fun, and less artificial than everybody committing to attack attack attack until they're shot down.  To me, that mentality is just slightly above HOing, because it's basically guaranteed you're going to get shot down.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2013, 01:06:37 PM »
I don't believe there was an implication that the MA should be duels only. Rather that more fighting and less running makes for more, well, fighting  :banana:

Of course if people want to run that's up to them, as I watch them go I often think to myself: yup that guy doesn't want to fight. After I break off and he comes back, I think: he definitely wants kills though.  :lol

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2013, 01:21:11 PM »
These are all symptoms....just symptoms.  The disease is score and how it affects status.  The people typing about fighting are generally the folks I know to NOT care about score...note I said people I know.   They know who they are.

Score to most relates as follows:

Score = skill level = should be respected by the community as a capable fighter without a need to either fight or prove ones score

There you have it.  Eliminate all scoring and everyone will fight.  Why?  No particular reason to stay alive except pride and that will get beaten out of your bellybutton quickly in an environment that's only pecking order tree is based on films of you beating the snot out of others because that requires real skill.

Have a nice day

Dr Changeup
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:31:43 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2013, 01:24:43 PM »

It's nonsense to expect every player in the MA to be duelling you.

Everybody is playing. They just aren't playing to your preference.
why do you keep saying "duel"...  this thread is an opinion piece on who we think are the most timid players in AH... it's simple...   I have been specific in my choice for most timid and I chose the player that always runs unless he is part of the ganging...  calling them timid is being too nice....  I now place you on the timid list as I bet you play this exact same way...  at least your stats suggest that.... when I see a vet only cherry picking, and running 3 sectors at the first sight of anything co-state, I lose respect for that player, and you coming in here defending that type of play means you're right there with them...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"