Author Topic: advantages/disadvantages of being in a squad  (Read 2961 times)

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
Re: advantages/disadvantages of being in a squad
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
I've belonged to one squad, kindof ruined me I suppose. This squad was dedicated to fighters only, pure Rook-nation. A requirement was to have a K/D above 1, which is not easy to do. The leader of the squad was a veteran, and having served in the military he had some command authority. None of this nancy-crap for grins and giggles. When we flew as a squad it was a dedicated effort to, as 6Gun would say: Go break some things!

They also had a Squad Dueling League that pitted all of the squads in duels, 10v10, etc same plane, 5 rounds, etc. This squad won the first, and I believe only year they held a championship. I got into this squad on the tail end, right after that big win. Great group, dedicated to actual combat tactics. They also flew with a tight code of ethics that could get you booted from the squad. HO was cowardice, always to be avoided. You never killed someone in silk (parachute.) Always covered your wingman, took orders and flew normal Loose Deuce tactics straight out of the Luftwaffe, borrowed by the Brits, and Americans.

Again, I've been ruined since.

If you want a squad, many have offered great advice on what to consider. Some squads only fly fighters, most aren't that strict. Some are all about taking bases, others just 'breaking things.' I would spend time with a number of squads to get a feel. And when in doubt, fly Iron!

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
If they were good squaddies they'd be in with you.
:angel:
-AoM-

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh I need a squad!  :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2013, 09:05:55 PM »
Lol, thanks for the replies, both amusing and useful, I appreciate them all. I'll probably try out a squad or two someday and see if it works for me.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
Dadkev, your avatar just mesmorizes me. Holy crap do I feel patriotic right now!!
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2013, 10:31:19 PM »
I would say go country to country and fly with different squads, you may find one that suits your needs.

(BUT THE POTW are the bestest of the bestest squad) :devil :devil :devil

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2013, 11:59:18 PM »
Join my one man squad...as a member I promise you will learn evasive manuevers, because I will use u as bait. You will also learn how to bring down planes faster and with more skill, because I will swoop in and take the kill. You will become AH's finest

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 02:05:53 AM »
The Few is recruiting  :old:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 06:08:40 AM »
The Black Tooth Grin is recruiting. I have't booted anyone in a while and I'm jonesin  :devil

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 06:31:24 AM »
First and last criteria: Are these people with whom I'd hang out in RL?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:13:29 AM »
This isn't Glee Club.
:rofl :rofl
Join the Dancing Banana Club in Kill Club Forum (Not a squad, just a bunch of Dancing Bananas) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 07:28:27 AM »
   Years ago I flew with the 27th. (can't remember the whole name) I had just started in AH and was a great help to learning the game. Sysprobe got me in and spent time teaching me some basics. But some squads come and go and they were disbanded so Mainly fly lone wolf now as my AH time is limited.

Fly in senerios, snapshots, AVA and you can join up with others in a temporary squad which is quite fun.  :aok
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Ray77

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
Long ago I flew with a squad that would put missions up that required augering and reupping.   I always thought that was against the spirit of the game.
Don't tread on me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »
Its all in how YOU want to play the game. If you like being a lone wolf and doing what ever you want then maybe a squad isn't for you. Some squads are run like the military and have a bunch of rules, so if you like "structure" these squads maybe for you. On the other hand, you have squads like mine where it's just a bunch of guys who like hanging out together like at a bar, but instead of shooting pool were flying cartoon planes.

Most squads will welcome anyone to fly along with them, some of them encourage it so they can build their hordes properly  :neener: It doesn't hurt to check them out, and you might find another aspect of the game you haven't tried before.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 08:31:31 AM »
I'm an American who flies Russian aircraft in an RAF squad, 90% of the time I'm lone wolf.

I like being in 71 Sqd RAF... we're like a herd of cats.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey