Author Topic: Oculus Rift - Will Aces High Support This?  (Read 12626 times)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Oculus Rift - Will Aces High Support This?
« on: February 01, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »
http://www.oculusvr.com/

I am shatting mine pantaloons, verily I say, at the mere prospect of being able to fly Aces with these bad boys on.

(Awesome reaction video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJo12Hz_BVI <- warning random eff bombs, etc... )
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 02:55:01 PM by tunnelrat »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
Re: Oculus Rift - Will Aces High Support This?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 02:59:55 PM »
Hell ya, this makes TrackIR look like cassette tapes!  Who needs 3 monitors now.   :rock

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 03:21:34 PM »
what does it mean that it is a developer's kit and not intended for consumer sales.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:41 PM »
what does it mean that it is a developer's kit and not intended for consumer sales.

midway

It's a kickstarter project. It's not mass production ready yet (or at least, not produced in mass) they made a limited set for developers.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 03:28:12 PM »
It's a kickstarter project. It's not mass production ready yet (or at least, not produced in mass) they made a limited set for developers.

sorry one more reason for sarcasm font :).  no need to get rid of the trakir and 3 monitors just yet :old:.

midway

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 03:31:08 PM »
Hell ya, this makes TrackIR look like cassette tapes!  Who needs 3 monitors now.   :rock
That's why I haven't got a TrackIR, or three monitors... Kanttori and I visualized this kind of things already about 10 years ago to be the future of PC gaming. Either goggles or a half globe monitor.  :joystick:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
That's why I haven't got a TrackIR, or three monitors... Kanttori and I visualized this kind of things already about 10 years ago to be the future of PC gaming. Either goggles or a half globe monitor.  :joystick:

I can't wait until they digitize my CH gear.  With this Oculus thingy, I can' just sit there and think my moves.  Then I'll really suck even worser than I already do.  Worser is a word....I've seen it used on the BBS a lot.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 11:47:31 PM »

think back in the early 90's that's when I first saw this.

midway

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »
Fantastic!

:)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 04:22:40 AM »
Worser is a word....I've seen it used on the BBS a lot.
:rofl Had to check for that... After my last school years almost thirty years ago I have kept my English "skills" alive by reading this BBS. I must say I've seen many expressions which fight against what I remember being taught back then, but then again, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.  :old:
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 04:45:44 AM »
Cobblers! :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2013, 10:01:05 AM »
:rofl Had to check for that... After my last school years almost thirty years ago I have kept my English "skills" alive by reading this BBS. I must say I've seen many expressions which fight against what I remember being taught back then, but then again, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.  :old:

:D
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2013, 10:32:36 AM »

I understand that for many years, at least since the early 1980's, military flight sims have placed the "player" inside a globe equipped with an array of video projectors, something like this:

http://www.barco.com/en/products-solutions/visual-display-systems/dome-displays/large-training-and-simulation-dome.aspx

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2013, 12:42:02 PM »
Is worser a word?

No. Worse is already the superlative for bad. So you don't need to add an r to it to make it a superlative.
Worse is NOT superlative for bad...Instead it is COMPARATIVE to bad...so it is bad, worse (comparative), worst (superlative)...
Comparative degree is used when you compare two things...and superlative is used when you use it as an absolute expression

While common in the 16th and 17th centuries, worser is now found only in some regional dialects, and is considered nonstandard. 

There you go!
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2013, 02:33:25 PM »
Give it time and it will be available at a decent price and with enough software support to make commercial developers go for it. 

Problem I see is that it might only end up on an XBox or something.