Author Topic: <S> To junior.  (Read 383 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
<S> To junior.
« on: February 03, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »
Today is junior's last day as a civilian. Tomorrow he Leaves for Lackland AFB in TX to follow his father in the USAF, following a long tradition in our family of service to our country. Im awfully proud of him, "Lucky kid gets a call up date the day after the SB". Were having a shindig today during the game to send him off with.

<S> To all service men and woman who are allowing us to enjoy another Super Bowl in freedom and safety.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: <S> To junior.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 01:54:01 PM »
Good luck Junior, and congrats Rich

:salute to all who serve, have served.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:05 PM »
Congrats rich and a big hearty  :salute  for Jr and his service to this country, my son graduates from basic next week and then its off to A school in Texas for his combat corpsman training.  being a single dad I can tell you I'm proud of my sons commitment to his country, I think my boy turned out ok.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 03:13:25 PM »
 :salute

Tell him to volunteer for dorm guard monitor.  It's the best detail there is in AF basic.  Added bonus that you can schedule your own shifts.   :D
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
:salute

Tell him to volunteer for dorm guard monitor.  It's the best detail there is in AF basic.  Added bonus that you can schedule your own shifts.   :D

Thanks for the good vibes guys. I know from experience the worst marcher and screw up is usually assigned Dorm guard. At least during parades and anything competitive. We had a guy, back in '77, who made PVT Pyle look like a genius. The military is an honorable/positive life and I'm proud of any young American who go's in.
I think my boy turned out ok.
Yes, he did. I see youngsters all the time leaving for Basic while working an extra duty airport detail. They are all top notch kids and its heartening to see such young people after dealing with gangsters all the time. <S>.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:36:04 AM by Rich46yo »

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 07:35:04 PM »
 :rock :salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 07:47:07 AM »
Today is the oath ceremony and he's off on a plane to lackLand. We'll be there, its always a solemn ceremony. Yesterday we sat at the recruiters and I started talking old times. A flood of memories came back from my days. Your days in the military are the best days of your life and I wish to heck I was 18yo again starting off on my big adventure. Boy where have all the years gone?

36 years ago.

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:54 PM »
Good Luck Junior.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:01 PM »
Congrats to BOTH Dad and Junior. Well Done. From another old soldier, thanks for serving as well.  :salute
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 05:03:04 PM »
:salute: to JR and dad, even though he isn't going to Paris island, he is taking the small steps to manhood. Tell him thanks from a former jarhead and thank you dad for instilling virtues as to serve our country.

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2013, 05:33:26 PM »
Thank you sir's. And thank you all for your service.

Working the airport detail Im always running into groups of young mean and woman on their way to USAF, USMC, Army, USN, USCG, basic and am always impressed by the quality of youngster taking up the call. Which shouldnt surprise me cause the US Military only takes the best.  :salute