Author Topic: Triple Monitor Setup - but now this...  (Read 3132 times)

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Triple Monitor Setup - but now this...
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 12:06:55 PM »
:rofl   :rofl   :rofl   :rofl  thanks again for the laughs ripley...

Laugh all you want. Now point out the flaws in my post. Again, waiting...
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 12:10:12 PM »
Laugh all you want. Now point out the flaws in my post. Again, waiting...
ok i'll play your silly game...

where to start...
How wrong you are. Windows 8 is the current release version - nothing marketing about it. And multi-monitor support is indeed better - or did you miss the new functionality with the task bars and backgrounds for example? Keep on hating, you only show your own ignorance.
oh wait...THE ENTIRE DIATRIBE

you obviously did not comprehend "more mac like" and "does nothing to make more than 2 monitor setups easier"...try again.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 12:11:15 PM »
ok i'll play your silly game...

where to start...oh wait...THE ENTIRE DIATRIBE

you obviously did not comprehend "more mac like" and "does nothing to make more than 2 monitor setups easier"...try again.

Ok so you failed to point any flaw in it. Thank you and go along to play on your level now.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »
aaaannnd again...
:rofl   :rofl   :rofl   :rofl  thanks again for the laughs ripley...
jarhed  

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 12:13:33 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:17:32 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 12:14:14 PM »
Windows 8 happens to be what is available at the moment.  Calling it the "future" is an opinion.  I recall people stating Windows 3 was the future, as was Windows 98, as was Windows XP and so on.

All I can hope for is Microsoft realizes what a stupid user interface Windows 8 is for the desktop and correct the problem.  There are far better ways to do both mobile and desktop if your goal is to only have one user interface.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 12:15:15 PM »
Windows 8 happens to be what is available at the moment.  Calling it the "future" is your opinion.  I recall people stating Windows 3 was the future, as was Windows 98, as was Windows XP and so on.

All I can hope for is Microsoft realizes what a stupid user interface Windows 8 is for the desktop and correct the problem.  There are far better ways to do both mobile and desktop if your goal is to only have one user interface.

Exactly. Windows 8 is the current release version and that's it. Windows 98 was the future untill XP came along (well, there WAS ME which was widely adopted but pretty much forgotten of course). And XP was the future for quite many years despite all the haters when it was released. So it goes.

Most we can do is hope the giant will change directions - but untill that happens we have little chances but to adapt. New computers are no longer sold with Win7.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:18:24 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »
Just because Win8 is what they're pushing NOW doesn't make it "the future" -- at best it's akin to vista (and same team that did Vista did Win8), a messy roadkill-esque bump on the road to the future. It isn't the future, though.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:11 PM »
Just because Win8 is what they're pushing NOW doesn't make it "the future" -- at best it's akin to vista (and same team that did Vista did Win8), a messy roadkill-esque bump on the road to the future. It isn't the future, though.

But dear friend, Vista is exactly what you're grasping to right now. It was just tweaked a bit to become Win7.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:28 PM »
Exactly. Windows 8 is the current release version and that's it. Windows 98 was the future untill XP came along (well, there WAS ME which was widely adopted but pretty much forgotten of course). And XP was the future for quite many years despite all the haters when it was released. So it goes.
that's not what you said...

Pardon me, Sir, but I am correct in saying that Win8 is the future and no amount of whining is going to change it.
now you're saying it's not the future? so...which is it?
jarhed  

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 12:21:15 PM »

If you accept what is given, without challenge, then you serve to propagate the bad and the good with equal fervor.  That is unacceptable to me.  You may chose to accept it, and that is fine, but it gives no justification to berate those who demand better.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
that's not what you said...
now you're saying it's not the future? so...which is it?

Ehh? Reading comprehension please. Windows 8 is the future because it is the current release version and you can't get ANYTHING else to a new computer at the moment and in the near future.

Microsoft has not reacted in any way to the whines about the new UI, quite the opposite they merged mobile and desktop development to further solidify it. There is no change promised or even visible right now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 12:23:26 PM »
Ehh? Reading comprehension please. Windows 8 is the future because it is the current release version and you can't get ANYTHING else to a new computer at the moment and in the near future.

Microsoft has not reacted in any way to the whines about the new UI, quite the opposite they merged mobile and desktop development to further solidify it. There is no change promised or even visible right now.

Actually you can still get Windows 7, from some companies.  The only reason you cannot still get Windows 98, or Windows XP, or whatever flavor operating system you want, is because Microsoft will not allow it.  It has nothing to do with something better coming along.  It is licensing matter.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:25:15 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
If you accept what is given, without challenge, then you serve to propagate the bad and the good with equal fervor.  That is unacceptable to me.  You may chose to accept it, and that is fine, but it gives no justification to berate those who demand better.

I accept it because I know nothing is going to change no matter what kind of hissy fit I through about it. I can always protest by moving to competing platform and that's what I've done exactly. As long as you choose to be tied to the Microsofts leash you really can't complain.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
Actually you can still get Windows 7, from some companies.

Not in a new OEM computer - unless you're a business customer. Also separate OS sales are getting very scarce.

And you're right - nothing but Microsoft stops that. That however is pretty much all that's needed lol. If MS chooses to quit activating our old copies of Windows there's no legal remedy for that.

It's not entirely Microsofts doing either. I wouldn't even dream trying to install 2013 hardware on Windows XP anymore. The driver support just isn't there anymore.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:29:37 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »