Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25658 times)

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 09:15:15 PM »
ehhh  :bolt:

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 09:22:24 PM »
There is more to this game than just the main arenas.

Thank you.

- oldman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: February 21, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
Yaks
A-20
Boston III
TBM
B5N
D3A
F4F
FM2
T-34's look to be outdated.
Ju-88
B-26
Ki-67
SBD-5
Ar-234
Both 110's
Both C2's
Ki-61
Me-163
There's the entire list of planes that need to be updated. That's 21 planes total, and we have about 100-ish planes in game? That's nearly 25% of all planes still at AH1 standards.

I do not know the specifics, but it seems to be your list could be divided in to 2 groups. Original AH and then maybe a "AH Mk II", both generation 1 planes I'm assuming.  Look at the A20 cockpit, then look at the Yak cockpit. The A20 has some "3D" boxes and flight controls while the Yaks do not.  There are others as well.  Sure, they both are obviously very early AH and both could use an update no doubt.  Someone mentioned that if the rudder peddle move then they are "AH2" or have been "updated" at least once, if not they are original AH.  

HTC only has so many resources and to apply towards upgrading/updating aircraft.  The most recent is the Lancaster.  Previously it was the Hurricanes.  Before that it was the P40's.  Give them time, they will get things done.  So far, the IL-2, Me262, F6F, Typhoon, P40's, Hurricanes, and (I'm sure I'm missing a few) have all been updated to the latest and greatest graphics.  I believe the P51's, Spitfires, and P47's have the updated cockpits.  So in short I say this: give them time, they're doing just fine.   :aok  

Oh, and the T34/85 was added just after I started playing AH in early 2008.   :aok

To those who are wondering which of the He111 "H" variants we're getting... after digging a wee bit I think we're getting the H-2 variant with the 5/MG15's.  Also, by looking at the picture of the bombs falling from the He111 it appears as if HTC did in fact model the upside down bomb suspension in the bomb bay.  If in fact it is the H2 variant, it will have the Jumo 211 A-3 engines w/ 1,100 hp.  We'll have to wait and see once the new version arrives as to what, if any, new ordnance we'll get along with it.   
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 12:24:30 AM by SmokinLoon »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: February 22, 2013, 12:35:32 AM »
But what if it's not an H-2? It could be an H-2 with torps thrown on, or it could be an H-5/H-6 (as previously mentioned) because that's the performance data they had.

That's why waiting to see isn't the best tactic. I'd love it if somebody from HTC would chime in on this.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:20 AM »
Fantastic :)

My Typhoon will enjoy shooting down said German plane :)

I hope it burns well :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: February 22, 2013, 01:37:21 AM »
Looks like they imported much of it, archives and whatnot...

You still find a lot of old posts even today when you search. Most go back to 1999, which if I recall is when the beta started for AH, and so I'm guessing that's around when the forums went up (?).

If 99 is when it all began, then would that mean that the He-111 has been wished for before Aces High's official release? :D  I would not be surprised if the Beau and/or A-26 have been wished for as much, if not more. :lol  Now I'm kind of curious if they have been... :headscratch:

I am not too sure if she'll will be a BoB variant.  I am curious to which version of the H had the most production numbers. :headscratch:  Someone is bound to have quick access to that information.  It may well be that variant we are getting.  At least this is what I am hoping for over a Hybrid.  I wouldn't want to see a F4F-3/4 again.  I believe there are other planes that are hybrids in a similar manner as well?  Of this, I am not sure. :headscratch:

When it comes down to it, I am still damn glad to see her finally added, Hybrid or no. :x
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:31:10 AM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #111 on: February 22, 2013, 02:15:03 AM »
And yet it has external hardpoints only instituted in the H4,

The only external hardpoints that I can see in the screenshots are for the torps.

----------------------------
Considering it has the extra defensive guns (and I'm sure the BoB-use was taken into consideration) it looks like H-3 to me (with torps as extra).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:21:50 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #112 on: February 22, 2013, 02:18:09 AM »
The only external hardpoints that I can see in the screenshots are for the torps.

----------------------------
Considering it has the extra defensive guns (and I'm sure the BoB-use was taken into consideration) it looks like H-3 to me.

Those are the hardpoints. They didn't show up until the H-4, and that was a small production batch. H-5s and H-6s are where those hardpoints became common.

There's no doubt we have some kind of hybrid that combines earlier weapons setup with later external hardpoints. Question is what bits were mixed and matched with what other bits.

I know BOB use was intended from the description and the default skin. The problem is there are a number of variants and if they give us another up-engined version it's too fast when used in the BOB.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #113 on: February 22, 2013, 02:24:07 AM »
Those are the hardpoints.

Hard points for the torps aren't the same hard points that are used for the external bombs.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #114 on: February 22, 2013, 02:30:45 AM »
The default skins seems to be H-1:

Heinkel He 111H Geschwaderstab KG55 coded G1+BH and based in France during the Battle of Britain 1940 and was shot down after a raid on the Bristol Factory and crash-landed Studland near Dorset England Sep 25 1940.

Heinkel He 111 H-1 coded Gl+BH (White B) W. Nr 6305 of 1./KG 55. The aircraft in typical Finish of RLM 70/71165. Of special Interest is the crests personal insignia of 'prancing bull' painted on the port side just ahead of the aircraft's letter code. The alrcraft's Individual white letter 'B' was repeated in black on lower surface of the wing’s, outboard of the crosses. This He 111H was shot down by RAF fighters during a Luftwaffe air raid on the Bristol Aircraft Company's plant at Filton on 25th September 1940, and crashed at Westhill Farm, Studland near Swanage in Dorset. Of the crew of five, four were captured, including the pilot Fw. Fritz Jürgens and navigator Hptm. Karl Köthke. The flight engineer, Uffz Josef Altrichter, was severely injured and succumbed to his wounds.

http://asisbiz.com/il2/He-111/He-111H-KG55.1-(G1+BH).html
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:26 AM »
The default skins seems to be H-1:

(Image removed from quote.)

Heinkel He 111H Geschwaderstab KG55 coded G1+BH and based in France during the Battle of Britain 1940 and was shot down after a raid on the Bristol Factory and crash-landed Studland near Dorset England Sep 25 1940.

Heinkel He 111 H-1 coded Gl+BH (White B) W. Nr 6305 of 1./KG 55. The aircraft in typical Finish of RLM 70/71165. Of special Interest is the crests personal insignia of 'prancing bull' painted on the port side just ahead of the aircraft's letter code. The alrcraft's Individual white letter 'B' was repeated in black on lower surface of the wing’s, outboard of the crosses. This He 111H was shot down by RAF fighters during a Luftwaffe air raid on the Bristol Aircraft Company's plant at Filton on 25th September 1940, and crashed at Westhill Farm, Studland near Swanage in Dorset. Of the crew of five, four were captured, including the pilot Fw. Fritz Jürgens and navigator Hptm. Karl Köthke. The flight engineer, Uffz Josef Altrichter, was severely injured and succumbed to his wounds.

http://asisbiz.com/il2/He-111/He-111H-KG55.1-(G1+BH).html
Doesn't really mean anything, the default 190A5 skin is an A4 if I remember correctly

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #116 on: February 22, 2013, 02:46:18 AM »
Doesn't really mean anything,

Yep, that is why I said that the default skin is a H-1 instead of saying that the variant coming to AH is absolutely, positively a H-1.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: February 22, 2013, 02:49:52 AM »
Hard points for the torps aren't the same hard points that are used for the external bombs.

Actually, they are. ETC2000 racks were used for large bombs, mines, or torpedoes as needed. They started use with the H-4 on the earliest models to even have external racks. These racks were rated for at least 2500kg each, and normally carried 1000kg bombs. Since the aerial torpedoes were only 765kg they actually weighed less than most things carried on this rack.

You may be thinking of the PVC1006 rack, which also was sometimes used for bombs, but the ETC2000 was used for bombs as well. In fact, sometimes one rack was used on the left, and the other type on the right, when carrying the same bombs on each! Even up to the H-6 this was done (sometimes). Then on later H6s both were switched over to ETC2000 (which is what you see when torpedoes are used) and the PVC was phased out.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #118 on: February 22, 2013, 03:00:46 AM »
Actually, they are. ETC2000 racks were used for large bombs, mines, or torpedoes as needed. They started use with the H-4 on the earliest models to even have external racks. These racks were rated for at least 2500kg each, and normally carried 1000kg bombs. Since the aerial torpedoes were only 765kg they actually weighed less than most things carried on this rack.

You may be thinking of the PVC1006 rack, which also was sometimes used for bombs, but the ETC2000 was used for bombs as well. In fact, sometimes one rack was used on the left, and the other type on the right, when carrying the same bombs on each! Even up to the H-6 this was done (sometimes). Then on later H6s both were switched over to ETC2000 (which is what you see when torpedoes are used) and the PVC was phased out.

And what is your source?

« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:03:02 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2013, 03:06:23 AM »
A number of references, even pretty basic ones like squadron signal.

Oh, and to throw a wrench into your rebuttle, the PVC was a bomb rack that could be modified to carry torpedoes LIKE the ETC2000 could. Both the bomb racks could carry torpedoes. It was even retrofitted onto He-111P-4 marks to carry external large bombs.

So regardless of which bomb rack you want to claim is in the screenshots, they both could and did carry bombs as well.

EDIT: On the chance I'm mixing up my ETC and PVC in my head, let me summarize by saying: If it could carry torps, it also carried bombs. It was exclusive.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:08:21 AM by Krusty »