Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25665 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2013, 02:36:13 PM »
Coming from you, somebody that enjoys trolling threads just to bait me, and makes up things just for the sake of being argumentative in previous posts, this means absolutely nothing nrshida.

I wouldn't call it trolling so much as exploiting an endless source of comedy.

What's your point berating Wmaker over this point? It isn't to find the truth or discuss what was what about the He-111. You're just trying to get even with him because he corrects you a lot (and rightly so), and everyone can see it.

Everything you accuse other people of doing you do yourself, including insulting and making attacks on other players and I don't remember the last time YOU admitted you were wrong.

Your word on my accuracy means nothing.

I don't care, how about everybody else's word then?  :rofl :rofl

Don't you find it a little strange that you seem to always be the victim Krusty, the one who does no wrong and always gets attacked? If it was just me you might have a case. Didn't you just the other day try to explain to Mace, a trained Naval aviator what a trim tab was? Was he just trolling you too then with his response?

:lol What a maroon.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2013, 02:45:06 PM »
No, you glossed over it. You didn't admit anything. You found out only AFTER trying to pick a fight. Then you pretended you were simply stating the facts, which you learned only after looking the info up AFTER your initial posts stirring trouble up.

Said it right here:

Actually, yes, PVC could carry bombs when different attachment points (than the ones used to carry the torpedo) were installed in the rack itself.

I didn't pick any fight to begin with. I was frustrated that you can't give sources properly but that's what you do. I didn't see any bomb racks so I asked what racks you meant. Wasn't picking any fights. But you really aren't worth communicating anyway.

Oh, and P.S. The "krusty scale" is an un-earned thing that only a handful of people harp about. The topic at the time was historic bomber cruising speeds during combat vs what we have in AH (full throttle). I was correct at the time but HT didn't want to hear anymore so he chose to poke fun at me. He wasn't even participating much in the thread. I took the hint and backed off, but frankly it wasn't a criticism I deserved.

:lol

Originally, no. It had nothing to do with bomber cruising speeds. :) One would think you'd atleast get this one correct. :lol

It had to do with elevator authority of the 262 after a change was made to it. You claimed that the elevator authority was reduced at 200 to 350mph to which Hitech commented that no change had been made to the control forces at below 320mph...and of course then made that particular very fitting comment. Hitech has referred to it after that but that's when the scale was introduced. :) And yes, you completely deserved it. :)

One would think you'd remember considering it was in a thread you started yourself: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,248753.0.html

Here's your post from that thread:
I'm specifically talking about a range from ... say... 200 to 350mph. Where you're in a furball but not really slowing down to stall out. You have a target, he's about to break away from you. You can't follow the target, but you can pull hard on the stick, get your nose into his flight path, lob some 30mm, and land hits. Now you can't do that "nose skid" (whatever the term for it is).

Accelerated stall may not be the proper term. It's that mush-thing that the P-38 also does where you can pitch the nose up and still maintain your previous direction momentarily as you skid along your previous path.

I was not able to do this against the offline drones last night. Tried a number of times. Climbed to 15k and dove vertically straight down, and could not rip the wingtips of either. Could not get past 6Gs on the meter, it seemed.

Not stating things as clearly as I wanted to, yes. BS? No. Definitely can feel a difference trying to take potshots at drones and definitely feel a difference at top-speed high-Gs (although the latter isn't really going to affect ability to get kills like the former will)

To which Hitech replied:
Bigger BS Meter alert I would say in the order of 85 KRUSTYs.

Nothing has changed below 320 MPH, and at that speed you will be in a black out before you could stall the plane. So as my original post said, Nothing has changed in the range where you could perform an Accelerated Stall.

P.S. Btw, if someone wants a laugh, search hitech's posts with the search word krusty. :lol

P.P.S Sorry to the guys that would rather have this thread to be more about He111....but sometimes.... <sigh>
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:13:40 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2013, 03:22:07 PM »
 Wmaker,

Looking at the chart you provided only the H1 has the reduced HP,I see no listing for the H2 but from the H3 to H6 they all have the same engines. The difference in speeds is almost not worth mentioning and the H4 is only 5KM faster than the reduced HP H1.

Honestly I dont see what the fuss is all about,not saying that you{Wmaker} are causing a fuss but some people just cant be happy with anything.. :rolleyes:

Seems if we get a H4 model then it wont be too fast for BoB and the fastest the H6 is only 15KM faster than the H1.

Of course I'm biased.... I tend to fly the german planes... :devil

:salute

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »
Wmaker,

Looking at the chart you provided only the H1 has the reduced HP,I see no listing for the H2 but from the H3 to H6 they all have the same engines. The difference in speeds is almost not worth mentioning and the H4 is only 5KM faster than the reduced HP H1.

Yeh, I understand what you mean and I've had similar thoughts. OTOH, +12mph can have significant impact (especially with these early war aircraft) in situations where the time available for the interception is limited due to the tactical situation before and during the engagement.

Anyway, weather the top speed will be 410km/h or 430km/h, it'll be significant improvement to the BoB gameplay IMO.

Here's a quick and dirty estimate where the He111 speed could fall into based on that data I posted:

Also, one thing that affects the overall situation is the fact that Hurricane got a fairly significant speed boost below its engine's critical altitude with the recent re-model but also lost that 'kink' that almost looks like a second supercharger gear which the real Hurricane Mk.I never had.

Hurricane speed chart before the re-model:

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 04:39:08 PM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »
Yeh, I understand what you mean and I've had similar thoughts. OTOH, +12mph can have significant impact (especially with these early war aircraft) in situations where the time available for the interception is limited due to the tactical situation before and during the engagement.

Anyway, weather the top speed will be 410km/h or 430km/h, it'll be significant improvement to the BoB gameplay IMO.

Here's a quick and dirty estimate where the He111 speed could fall into based on that data I posted:
(Image removed from quote.)

Also, one thing that affects the overall situation is the fact that Hurricane got a fairly significant speed boost below its engine's critical altitude with the recent re-model but also lost that 'kink' that almost looks like a second supercharger gear which the real Hurricane Mk.I never had.

Our Ju88 has WEP?   :noid  :D
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2013, 05:22:53 PM »
Our Ju88 has WEP?   :noid  :D

Sure it does, ask the 3 gunners to breath out fast and you will get a .1 MHP boost for 3 secs every 6 secs. Sadly the gunners get puffed after 30secs of this and they pass out for 1 min.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2013, 08:50:27 PM »
Sure it does, ask the 3 gunners to breath out fast and you will get a .1 MHP boost for 3 secs every 6 secs. Sadly the gunners get puffed after 30secs of this and they pass out for 1 min.

Oh?  I thought the 88's WEP involved the crew having a dump before taking off. :headscratch:
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2013, 07:15:11 AM »

The Jumo 211 engine had a two-speed supercharger, so the speed curve would be notched like on the Ju 87D (same engine).

The speed curve should in fact be very similar to that of the Ju 87:

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »
The Jumo 211 engine had a two-speed supercharger, so the speed curve would be notched like on the Ju 87D (same engine).

The speed curve should in fact be very similar to that of the Ju 87:

Yeh you are correct regarding the He111, I just quickly drew it based on that single speed point (410-430km/h@6000m) as the bombers in the scenario fly at altitudes where the performance at the lower gear rarely matters, shouldn't have continued the lines to sea level at all, my bad.

Here's the only He111 speed curve (Soviet intelligence) I have off hand:

Ahh, found another from the depths of my HD! :)

I must say I'm a bit puzzled regarding those speed curves for AH since both the Ju88A-4 and Ju87D-3 used Jumo 211J (two-stage supercharger, infinitely variable AFAIK). That would mean that Ju-88 curve is correct and considering that Ju-87D-3 has the same engine, its speed curve should have a similar shape as far as I know.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 08:59:57 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2013, 11:33:46 PM »

I hope the services are open, i need a cuppa after this reading..
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
Ok, so the HE 111 is finally here!

There was concern expressed in this post that we would be getting a hybrid. Well, that was basically agreed on. Where the argument came in was would this version do for the BoB scenario?

whats the outcome? Anyone conducted any tests yet? I know I have flown the Heinkel offline and it seems slow (Think I got her up to 231) however there are some large bombs with her as well as the 20mm cannons.

Will she do for the scenario or is it a post BoB varient we've got?
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2013, 04:54:22 PM »
Anyone conducted any tests yet?

Quick sustained climb test for a first impression

50% fuel, 1x1800kg bomb.
Climb to
5k ~6mins
10k ~12mins
15K ~20mins
20k ~31mins with climbrate quickly diminishing. 38 minutes of fuel left upon reaching that altitude.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TOMCAT21

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »
now what ? :headscratch:
RETIRED US Army/ Flying and dying since Tour 80/"We're paratroopers, Lieutenant, we're supposed to be surrounded." - Capt. Richard Winters.  FSO 412th FNVG/MA- REGULATORS

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
For BoB tests use 100% fuel, eight 250kg bombs and the default machine gun only armament.

I don't have my system set up right now so I can't do flight tests.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-