Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25685 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #270 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »
The He-111 also has a placard limit of 2.7G. The wings come off at 4G and that's when it's lightly loaded.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 12, 2013, 12:46:35 PM »
If we only had a working, populated EW arena. The 32x50kg is a great loadout for City attacks, but it doesn't makes much sense to do that if you are the only player on your country...  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #272 on: April 12, 2013, 01:18:50 PM »
Is it possible we got a plane that will work for BOB far better than anything else we have substituted, and also be possibly worthwhile for use in the MA?

I too am VERY happy with the He 111 that we got, the point I was trying to make is that HTC has a very liberal policy about what constitutes a factory aircraft. They will move the "factory" line as they see fit to get most out of a particular model.

What I personally disagree with is the propensity for HTC to adopt depot level changes for allied aircraft, but hold many axis aircraft to much tougher standards. This situation is brought about in significant part by the major differences in how the aircraft delivery and supply structures varied from the axis and allied sides. For example there was a very clear process within the Army Air Force from acceptance to delivery at the combat squadron level. This involved many organizations and places where aircraft were stored, aggregated, and depoted, until they were assigned final destinations. This lead to a situation where, in general, there were relatively few changes to most aircraft once they reached their combat assignment. On the other hand both of the major axis air forces had a much more direct approach to aircraft delivery (in some cases the combat pilots would actually pick them up at the factory) and much more modification happened at the squadron level.

I am very pleased with the Heinkel and the options it has in game.       
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #273 on: April 12, 2013, 01:42:16 PM »
Originally I tried to keep things fairly tight on loadouts because that could have a big effect on special events.  The CM's couldn't restrict loadouts in events back then.  They can now so it's not as big of an issue.  I'm not sure what's meant by the axis being held to a tougher standard.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #274 on: April 12, 2013, 02:47:14 PM »
How to Furball with the He111:

1.- Choose the 2 - 20mm option.
2.- Take 25% fuel and a gunner. He sits in the nose then forward gondola as rounds run out.
3.- What you do with the bombs is your business. I'd get rid of them first thing.
4.- Find other planes to attack. Saddle up and yell "shoot" to your gunner as you reflexively pull your trigger.

This might make an interesting duel in the DA if the He111 were enabled. Team He111 duels anyone.... :D   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #275 on: April 12, 2013, 02:50:37 PM »
HTC needs to double check the OBJ scores of a LOT of aircraft, imo.  First, the score of 10 should be applied to "catch all" planes like the P51D.  Have 10 be the standard as it is now, but have the OBJ score a bit more dynamic.  The plane that still boggles my mind is the Ju88.  A players ears FEWER perks points in a Ju88 than if he was in a B17.  

More should go in to the OBJ score than just ordnance, and on some aircraft it does.  The Ar234's do not really carry much ord (3300lbs), but it has the speed to get in and get out without being touched.

I think there is too big of a gap between the B5N and Boston, and the Lancaster and B24 crowd.  Also, I think it would be wise to apply a perk price to the Lancster, B24, and B17.  Even if the cost is minimal I believe it to be warranted thanks to the amount of destruction they cause, the defensive armament they present, and the speed in which they can do it in.  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #276 on: April 12, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »
The CM's couldn't restrict loadouts in events back then.  They can now so it's not as big of an issue.  I'm not sure what's meant by the axis being held to a tougher standard.
Great!  Can we have the Bomb and the Gondolas back on the 109F4?

Please,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
More should go in to the OBJ score than just ordnance,

And sometimes it's not even that. See my notes above. He-111 has the loadout of the B-26, but a OBJ much lower, on par with the B-24. I really have no idea why  :headscratch:

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »
Pyro I'd be happy to discuss this further with you when you've got time.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #279 on: April 12, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »

And sometimes it's not even that. See my notes above. He-111 has the loadout of the B-26, but a OBJ much lower, on par with the B-24. I really have no idea why  :headscratch:

It was a mistake.  I changed it now plus a few others.

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #280 on: April 12, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
Pyro I'd be happy to discuss this further with you when you've got time.

Shoot me a list.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 12, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »
It was a mistake.  I changed it now plus a few others.

Updated and slightly corrected version of the "BPF" list (as explained in my earlier post above)

Mossie at OBJ 20 now makes it a perked perk-farmer now. But it's high speed and quick climb should ensure perks are rarely lost on quick town milking missions...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #282 on: April 13, 2013, 01:51:03 AM »
You initially said that the nose 20mm was a field mod, period. Now you are starting backpedal again.

Backpedal, like you? When you started a fight when you didn't know what you were talking about, vis-a-vis torp racks on the Heinkel? You backpedaled awfully fast on that one.

No, no backpedalling at all. The He-111 in this game is intended explicitly for the BOB and the concerns have always been that we don't have a BOB appropriate version. H-6 would not be appropriate. H-3 would.

If you call that backpedalling you're either a complete troll (possible, at the rate you're going) or you don't understand what the term even means.

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #283 on: April 13, 2013, 05:25:27 AM »
Backpedal, like you? When you started a fight when you didn't know what you were talking about, vis-a-vis torp racks on the Heinkel? You backpedaled awfully fast on that one.

No, no backpedalling at all. The He-111 in this game is intended explicitly for the BOB and the concerns have always been that we don't have a BOB appropriate version. H-6 would not be appropriate. H-3 would.

If you call that backpedalling you're either a complete troll (possible, at the rate you're going) or you don't understand what the term even means.

Did you read Pyro's posts in this thread?

Someone should have pulled it out in time....oh well...

...as he didn't we ended with you...too bad...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:52:34 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #284 on: April 13, 2013, 10:56:04 AM »
Basic page layout set up for filling in with info and images http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/He_111H