Author Topic: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!  (Read 25688 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: He111 is HERE!!!!!!!!
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2013, 02:09:08 PM »
 In any case, in the whishlist section I detailed the reasons and data supporting the inclusion of the He-177, including a scan of the LW performance data for the aircraft.  The Do.217 would also be an improvement with its higher speed, slightly better offensive/defensive capabilities and speed while not competing with the Ju-88 to retain its TB mission.  I could repeat the data here but why bother, HT wont model a German bomber shortly after introducing a He-111, which is why its introduction was rather annoying.

Then you freely admit that anything you deem productive in this thread is a waste of your and everyone else's time? Pity.
I was actually hoping you'd transition from petulance to productive. By the way, all sources I've seen on the 177 appear to
indicate that, historically, it never managed to make it to impressive status. The Do.217 would be a nice addition. But I'm still
not seeing a crisis over the 111 being modeled first. My regrets that it annoys you so.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #376 on: October 22, 2013, 02:11:07 PM »
Excellent!

Since the mid-war Lanc is already in game the early war Wellington would be a great addition, with the German side on the other hand there are now 2 early war bombers and a perk one, see the difference?

I agree, partially.  The Manchester worked in the end and could have served but the Lanc was already a better option, I was just pointing out that adding it would just put more early birds when there are holes in the lineup...

Very low priority

I more or less agree with your list with one caveat, the LW still has no mid/late war bomber, a Do-217M (or a Ju-188, but it would kill the Ju-88 as a TB adn we already have a Junkers) would have fixed that nicely with the He-177 entering later on since its entrance would likely kill the usage of the midwar LW bomber.  Which is why I found the He-111 so annoying, its introduction will delay the implementation of ANY LW bomber for a good while.  Sure, it adds to the variety of aircraft in scenarios, but unless you are playing Guernica the Ju-88 was there and fits the bill, the speed issue in scenarios should be addressed by limiting bomber formations to cruise speed and not max speed.

An improvement. I applaud such and will step off your toes now.  :salute :D

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #377 on: October 22, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
My favourite rides are the 111, 109E, Spit1 and Hurri 1.

I hope that you got to fly in the Battle of Britain 2013 scenario.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk9V66e88eI  (best at 720p resolution)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #378 on: October 22, 2013, 03:12:10 PM »
Excellent!

Since the mid-war Lanc is already in game the early war Wellington would be a great addition, with the German side on the other hand there are now 2 early war bombers and a perk one, see the difference?
The Luftwaffe had no significant sustained bombing efforts after 1942 and the production numbers of its later bombers are consequently low.  The Do217, Ju188 and He177 are MA fodder for players who won't fly anything other than German aircraft.  The Luftwaffe situation is not comparable to the USAAF or RAF being without the B-17/B-24 and Lancaster.  See the difference?

I agree, partially.  The Manchester worked in the end and could have served but the Lanc was already a better option, I was just pointing out that adding it would just put more early birds when there are holes in the lineup...
Manchester never worked and was rapidly withdrawn from service with the RAF suggesting that Avro build Halifaxes instead.

I more or less agree with your list with one caveat, the LW still has no mid/late war bomber, a Do-217M (or a Ju-188, but it would kill the Ju-88 as a TB adn we already have a Junkers) would have fixed that nicely with the He-177 entering later on since its entrance would likely kill the usage of the midwar LW bomber.  Which is why I found the He-111 so annoying, its introduction will delay the implementation of ANY LW bomber for a good while.  Sure, it adds to the variety of aircraft in scenarios, but unless you are playing Guernica the Ju-88 was there and fits the bill, the speed issue in scenarios should be addressed by limiting bomber formations to cruise speed and not max speed.
As noted above a mid war bomber for the Germans is really just MA fodder for the subset of players who refuse to fly anything that isn't German.  That doesn't mean it shouldn't be added, but it does significantly reduce its priority.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #379 on: October 22, 2013, 03:23:22 PM »
Heh, that is the difference, I only speak for myself and do not pretend to speak for others while accusing other people of doing the same.  That level of "reasoning" is likely also steared you towards conjuring some imaginary confusion, better luck next time.

So, same point as Karnak, people with little knowledge of the war would consider the He-111 as the iconic bomber, I agree, only ignorance or lack of knowledge can drive you to such conclusion when the Ju-88 was produced in three times the number while seeing front line service in far more roles until the very end of the war.
:rofl  you are funny in a pathetic sort of way. maybe you didn't play in the dirt enough as a kid or something. again, you should stop using the word iconic since you're clearly looking for useful to you.

the ju-88 could have been produced in twice the numbers as the bf-109 and that still would not have made it as much of an iconic war time image as the he-111, p-40, b-17, bf-109, a6m zero, p-51 or the spitfire.

even movie studios from the 60s were more aware of what iconic was...

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 22, 2013, 05:49:37 PM »
Perfect statement.  MA is X-box land.  Can't even remember the last time I went in there.  Spit vs. Spit, Pony vs. Pony is just plain retarded, but that's what the X-boxers like.

Nice to see the good old AvA spirit is still well and alive...

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #381 on: October 22, 2013, 06:36:38 PM »
I myself would like to see an Axis vs. Allied arena in the MA style.

I know it isn't going to work in game, but the realism would increase at least for me.

I know I'm one of a few that would appreciate that.  Two counties only, point system adjusted etc.

I don't see as well as I used to. I need an Icon to help with targeting.

I know this is not possible, but would increase immersion for me.

Shooting down B17s and spitfires in a Jug is not my cup of tea.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #382 on: October 22, 2013, 06:44:08 PM »

I know it isn't going to work in game, but the realism would increase at least for me.

I know I'm one of a few that would appreciate that.  Two counties only, point system adjusted etc.

Plus plus plus.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
« Reply #383 on: October 22, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »

Flew with BaldEagl in 92 Squad. We were the first to spot your massive raid in Frame 3. What a shock that was! I think you flew with a good squaddie of mine, Beefcake. Was a pleasure to cross guns with your 111's. I learnt to go for the 88's first. They go down easier lol
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #384 on: October 22, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »

I'll admit that the He177A-5 would make that markedly more viable.  M26 Pershing as well.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #385 on: October 22, 2013, 11:56:18 PM »
Flew with BaldEagl in 92 Squad. We were the first to spot your massive raid in Frame 3. What a shock that was! I think you flew with a good squaddie of mine, Beefcake. Was a pleasure to cross guns with your 111's. I learnt to go for the 88's first. They go down easier lol

Excellent!  You guys did an admirable job.

Indeed, Beefcake was one of the "go to" guys in the group.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2013, 01:50:22 AM »
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2013, 05:25:17 AM »

This    :pray
Lighten up Francis

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »
This    :pray

Great idea.   :aok

Only problem is 90% of the pilots would be flying on the same side in spits and ponies.  :frown:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2013, 09:15:13 AM »

I was happy when HTC gave us the HE-111 because when I think of German bombers in WWII it is the HE-111 that comes to mind. The HE-111 is iconic and not a supper bomber but it fills a place in the game it richly deserves. Nice video by the way I enjoyed it.  :aok