Author Topic: Clipboard Function List  (Read 152 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Clipboard Function List
« on: March 10, 2013, 04:44:55 PM »
Saturday I was asked to be a gunner protecting the CV groups and malta. I had to minimise the map to watch both locations for flashing while listening to comm. Every time I minimised the clipboard and brought it back up I had to move the map back around to the view I needed for the current job instead of centering on my current location. This is great for pilots but, tacticly not for someone monitoring several things at the same time. My wish is about map functionality.

1. - An updated function toggle to the map where you can set it for the current mode or keeping the last position in place that you dragged the map to. In the second mode all functions are in place of the first mode but, the map dosen't follow your active travel and stays fixed where you drag it to.

2. - Choices of several self Icons from the current as the largest to a simple cross hair with the direction you are moving tipped with red or another color and the rest of the crosshair some other color, or just a simple arrow.

3. - A toggle for a tiny wireframe circle to appear around your self Icon or only the simple arrow with 4 or 8 marks to aid players trying to explain where they are traveling. Seems not everyone understands the keypad grid coordinates or understands compass directions equaly.

4. - A doodle mode where you can drag and drop doodle waypoints like steering the CV when your flight leader in a scenario or MA mission gives you a scout pattern area, different instructions from the main force, or you want to write your name on the map and not upset the Moderators.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Clipboard Function List
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 05:09:23 PM »
I wouldn't use it but it gets a

+1 from me good idea :aok

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
Re: Clipboard Function List
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »
why dont we just get an android or iphone app for the clipboard and then use your phone or tablet for the map
Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII