Author Topic: Wee bit disappointed  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Wee bit disappointed
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
And what do you think is currently happening on the current map in the shooting gallery called "uterus"?  :D

:headscratch:

We are still on Ozkansas, Uterus is next map. And when it is, you have me the shooting galley there, never knew we had one there.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
:headscratch:

We are still on Ozkansas, Uterus is next map. And when it is, you have me the shooting galley there, never knew we had one there.

Oh, that map where the whole map and all the bases are in like a uterus?  I was talking about this current map where the TT island is also a uterus.  Too many uteri imho.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »
Oh, that map where the whole map and all the bases are in like a uterus?  I was talking about this current map where the TT island is also a uterus.  Too many uteri imho.

That's the only map I ever heard or read being referred to with this name :)

And TT island on Ozkansas is anything but a shooting galley. You usually have to drive a bit and have room for some actual maneuvers. Very much different from the battle dynamic of TT on crater MA in every aspect possible - numbers, movement options, time until the fist shot (or death) and so on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2013, 07:00:15 PM »
Maybe another score catagory which can be verified by HTC visa reviewing who killed who as a fighter pilot in the MA.

Since the average pilot of INK's class can land 5 or more kills per sorte almost on demand. Without rearming. Make a new class of numero uno fighter pilot for the tour.

1. Fighter mode only.
2. 5 or more aircraft kills landed in a non-rearmed sorte.
3. He who accomplishes the most of these each tour wins the #1 spot for it on the front page of the WEB Site.

The community will know if he's a HOer and 30k vulch, picker, and runner. Most of us take advatage of capped feilds and furballs to harvest the unwary. Not many as their signature move start from 20k, run away from the fight, rinse and repeat to make their #1 slot and we all know who they are. The DA shouldn't scare him being so UBER and all that fi there are questions about his metods. If he won't go to the DA and defend his uberness mano A mano becasue he's Numero Uno. Well, you have the forum to discuss what shade of pink his mother dyes his fighter's tail end. HTC will know if he's late night gaming the stats otherwise.

It's simple. It's puriel. It's sort of gameable. But, it's exactly what's being complained about. Not enough players putting it out where it can get whacked off just to be the best at piu, piu, piu MOFU.

If our problem is a new generation of young players to whom this game is more complicated than hop in a ride and lands kills. This is the essence of what being a fighter pilot is and why everyone likes seeing their own kills landed message in the text buffer. It means you beat that many other guys at playing the game in your own mind regardless of the method.

Other than the numbers requirments. This is simple. Do more of (A) by the end of the month to get to (B), and you are number 1. Now new players might be more inclined to find out how to do (A) from those who can do (A). No complicated percentages or needing to learn the tricks to make your percentages look good. Just do more of (A) in a month than anyone else. Requiring "5 or More" landed each time kind of removes those not so talented with more free time than others or makes it a bit more obvious they might have helpful freinds.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2013, 07:05:53 PM »
Maybe another score catagory which can be verified by HTC visa reviewing who killed who as a fighter pilot in the MA.

Since the average pilot of INK's class can land 5 or more kills per sorte almost on demand. Without rearming. Make a new class of numero uno fighter pilot for the tour.

1. Fighter mode only.
3. He who accomplishes the most of these each tour wins the #1 spot for it on the front page of the WEB Site.

No new class needed. Any player that good (" can land 5 or more kills per sorte almost on demand") and #1 in that new cetegory would almost be automatically be #1 (or at least very close to it) in the good old conventional category of "fighter" in that tour.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2013, 07:41:32 PM »

This gets me thinking. People don't like flying more than a sector to any base to attack or defend. Most of the maps we have now really only have maybe 2-3 really close bases on each frontline. This kind of forces people to either join everyone attacking 1 base, or join in the defense of the other bases being horded. We only ever see NOE missions going for the more spread out bases. This way they maximize their chance of a capture knowing that anyone who gets killed probably won't re-up and continue the attack. Instead, that person is going to join the furball/horde at the closer bases.

What would happen in we had a map that had a much wider front, 7-10 bases on each front that were relatively close to each others? An example: Take the map Trinity, remove the 30K mountains, remove the massive oceans between the fronts and replace it with land, add more bases to fill in the open spaces, and we now have a map with about 10 frontline bases on each front. Now let's say there are 30 bish attacking a rook base with 10 rook defenders, and there are 30 rooks attacking a bish base with 10 bish defenders. There are 15 bish sitting in the tower looking for something to do, but don't want to spend 20 minutes flying to the target. On our current maps they would either have the choice of joining the horde attacking the rook base, or join in the defense against the rook horde at the other base. All the other frontline bases are just too long of a flight. Of course, there are 15 rooks sitting in the tower thinking the same think. With more frontline bases, all fairly close together, they would get the third choice of "Hey, anyone in the tower looking for action. Let's join up together and attack this base which has no one at it. It's only a 5 minute flight!" The 15 bish in the tower band together to attack a quiet rook base, the 15 rooks in their tower see them coming and up to defend. Now we have 3 different fights going on ON JUST ONE FRONT! There's still the entire bish/nit rook/nit fronts too!

This would, however, require people willing to break off from the hordes and spread the fight out.

Remember when we had 2 LW arenas?  I think the two arenas allowed a alternative from the horde of mass lemmings,  :bolt:

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 12:15:06 AM »
Maybe more of the good ACM squads should take on a newb or two now and then to help train them in ACM.  I've been really lucky to be accepted by JG5 which has some great sticks.  I don't know, maybe the newbs aren't asking, but when I went to Dolby and asked to join JG5 because I wanted to become a better fighter pilot he welcomed me in.  I know it takes a lot of time and practice and working with trainers and such, but the trainers are often booked up and I would think you can also learn a lot from stick time flying with the top notch pilots in your squad.
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 12:19:22 AM »

1. Fighter mode only.

The community will know if he's a HOer and 30k vulch, picker, and runner. Most of us take advatage of capped feilds and furballs to harvest the unwary. Not many as their signature move start from 20k, run away from the fight, rinse and repeat to make their #1 slot and we all know who they are. The DA shouldn't scare him being so UBER and all that fi there are questions about his metods. If he won't go to the DA and defend his uberness mano A mano becasue he's Numero Uno. Well, you have the forum to discuss what shade of pink his mother dyes his fighter's tail end. HTC will know if he's late night gaming the stats otherwise.

It's simple. It's puriel. It's sort of gameable. But, it's exactly what's being complained about. Not enough players putting it out where it can get whacked off just to be the best at piu, piu, piu MOFU.

If our problem is a new generation of young players to whom this game is more complicated than hop in a ride and lands kills. This is the essence of what being a fighter pilot is and why everyone likes seeing their own kills landed message in the text buffer. It means you beat that many other guys at playing the game in your own mind regardless of the method.

Other than the numbers requirments. This is simple. Do more of (A) by the end of the month to get to (B), and you are number 1. Now new players might be more inclined to find out how to do (A) from those who can do (A). No complicated percentages or needing to learn the tricks to make your percentages look good. Just do more of (A) in a month than anyone else. Requiring "5 or More" landed each time kind of removes those not so talented with more free time than others or makes it a bit more obvious they might have helpful freinds.

:rofl  I wish....I barely make 2 kills a sortie, don't even do that really.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 05:27:10 AM »
In that case INK, #1 at it each month will be the real #1, and worth hunting down to keep him from making successful landings. Not a percentage finesser like many #1 are forced to be by the current formulas. If someone is trying for #1 in this catagory it will be obvious to the countries he's scalping. Somehow everyone will know what sector he's working and want a peice.

Come on INK, don't you want a big bullseye on your bum and everyone wanting a fight with you in the MA? Sort of an informal king of the hill in the MA.

Either you want the fights, or you just like complainig that no on wants to fight. You can't miss the muppets landing kill strings when they get together and start rockin. Including yourself. Look at 2Cmex in his N1K2 these days. What is he up to now, 7-8 a sortie?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Cheyenn

• Zinc Member
      • virtual 97th Bomb Group (H)
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
One question then, What is the main goal of AH2 game play?
v97th Bomb Group (Heavy)

"VENIT HORA"
"THE HOUR HAS COME"

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 06:50:55 AM »

Remember, AH2 = Crack cocaine.  :airplane:

The goal is to have fun.   :joystick:

But beware, the fun achieved can be very rewarding by activating many of the humans senses.  Over time the mind and body get used to the same old fun and begin to desire the most exciting levels of fun that were once obtained.  Therefore the user must reach the highest level of fun to simply be satisfied, ignoring the fun that is constantly around them.  :old:

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2013, 06:52:42 AM »

I think that is the biggest problem with the game, there IS NO clearly defined "goal" in AH. There are many and the game allows you to go for which ever one YOU think you need/want to go with. While on one hand this make the game more appealing to a bigger variety of people it leaves to much leeway.

The easiest thing you can do in the game is to join a horde and while never even dropping your ord .... or hitting anything if you do, you can still feel/get that sense of accomplishment as the "group" captures another field.

The hardest thing you can do in this game is to LEARN how to play. Learn how to fly, tank, bomb, co-ordinate with other players, fight, use tactics, basically how to become a better player. Learning this game is not easy, and too many of todays players look for "easy".  

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2013, 08:36:43 AM »
In that case INK, #1 at it each month will be the real #1, and worth hunting down to keep him from making successful landings. Not a percentage finesser like many #1 are forced to be by the current formulas. If someone is trying for #1 in this catagory it will be obvious to the countries he's scalping. Somehow everyone will know what sector he's working and want a peice.

Come on INK, don't you want a big bullseye on your bum and everyone wanting a fight with you in the MA? Sort of an informal king of the hill in the MA.

Either you want the fights, or you just like complainig that no on wants to fight. You can't miss the muppets landing kill strings when they get together and start rockin. Including yourself. Look at 2Cmex in his N1K2 these days. What is he up to now, 7-8 a sortie?

im finding fights in the DA now, done with the MA, yup there are runners and HOers....but on a far smaller scale, yesterday at the lake, most were on the same channel and not jumping into 1vs1's.....yes a few times I was fighting odds but I dont mind that at all, its the guys that dont fight at all, unless they have all the cards that has turned me off from the MA.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2013, 10:08:25 AM »
im finding fights in the DA now, done with the MA, yup there are runners and HOers....but on a far smaller scale, yesterday at the lake, most were on the same channel and not jumping into 1vs1's.....yes a few times I was fighting odds but I dont mind that at all, its the guys that dont fight at all, unless they have all the cards that has turned me off from the MA.

This is encouraging.  Perhaps the tide is turning there.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2013, 03:12:49 PM »
Remember when we had 2 LW arenas?  I think the two arenas allowed a alternative from the horde of mass lemmings,  :bolt:

Right, because all the hoarders banded together in one arena.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod