Author Topic: How to improve you're fighter and attack score.  (Read 2442 times)

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: How to improve you're fighter and attack score.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 06:30:24 AM »
Oh great so we are now teaching new players to be even more timid?  :bhead  :devil

The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »
being fighter #1 requires in a perfect equilibrium between aggressiveness and defensiveness, and a few bomber kills for the points  :bolt:
now posting as SirNuke

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »
Oh great so we are now teaching new players to be even more timid?  :bhead  :devil

haha I might put some of my double digit one run temp sorties.. I always felt if you had 5k of give above grouund in one was about right right. but then again I only found out u could go above 15k alt by going afk autoclimbing!!

to fly with caution and always gain as much as altitude as possible over your opponent was about the first things I heard or glanced at. I didn't study how to play but...
to me it was the most off putting misleading advices. Keep it lowish and you'll get to fight a lot. Getting shot down sucks so, get shot down. If you got the warrior spirit !! instead of the deskjockey spirit- who would not like getting shot down but who's reaction would be to.. "I'm gonna avoid getting into a fight like that and make sure I can just attack and go if it's not happening the 1 way I know how to deal with". If you a warrior you want to get right back into that same situation and redeem yourself. If you learn how survive and win the tough risky fights is when you become a great warrior of pixelplane! Attacking people then zooming away is not fighting. It is tedious  and slow as well.

if you spend the majority of your time with a safety first mentality you don't learn toejam. You'll get scared if a crow comes near you.
When you're actually more towards the top of skill ceiling you can bother about increasing fighter and attack scores... because it will be an easy process.. especially fighter rank.
the tempest isn't a secret but if you're not able to take the fight anywhere it goes then you'll be cruising, cruising gaybars.. Attack aggressively..

but like Mike Tyson, his strength was in his defensive awareness which also turned him into a fighter

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 09:04:40 PM »
Dicta Boelke

1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you

2. Always continue with an attack you have begun

3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights

4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses

5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind

6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to get around his attack, but fly to meet it

7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat

8. In principle, it is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »
Dicta Boelke

1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking. If possible, keep the sun behind you

2. Always continue with an attack you have begun

3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights

4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses

5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind

6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try to get around his attack, but fly to meet it

7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat

8. In principle, it is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol dat ww1 biplane wisdom. I believe you forgot 9. Keep your secondary unholstered for when in pistoleering range. Do wave in courtesy before taking aim, as we allow the enemy to make ready for his meeting with our heavenly creator. A small gesture such as this will ensure you courtesy returned- with his recommendation for when it's your time to bow before our maker as you join his flock in heaven. YOU'RE GONNA DIE A HORRRIBLE DEATH YOU POOR SOD. Also who drank my bloody coffee in the tower? Was it you Milton? You devil you. May the enemy hit you square in the face with his sun advantage, and have you perish soon removed from my coffee.

This is usually what makes the difference between me getting a 2 kill sortie and a 15 kill sortie.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2013, 06:34:27 AM »
I flew around like this thread suggests for the past 2 days and although you will die less it is deffinatly very boring and easy mode, i suppose if you did this for a bit just to get used to the game then learned how to properly fight it wouldnt be so bad but the fact that so many "top sticks" fly like this perminantly just not to lose there precious cartoon plane is daft, yes i can understand that everyone plays different and not everyone is into dogfighting but you cant come on ere talking like your some ACM god like most top sticks do if you fly like a panzy who is scared of his own farts......seriously bugs me to see some guy extend perminantly while im chasing him then as soon as i disengage his nads grow huge and he comes back because he wants to be the aggressor, some might call it smart but if i reverse you once in your pony im gna do it again and again until you are to slow and cant run or until your mates turn up then i will dodge them until my mates turn up then they kill you all while your low and slow chasing me   :devil

The Few
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »
 You guys know this is the help and training forum right?  It's not the look at me I'm so great forum. Bino was kind enough to post the Dicta Boelke Rules of combat and others have the never to poke fun at it.

The OP has a title " how to improve you're fighter and attack score", now while I think it was done in jest new player will stumble upon this and read it to try to improve.

All the bravado and chest thumping does nothing to help and if that's all you have to add then maybe you n eed to post in the Oclub. I don't have to read the Oclub but I'm supposed to read and reply to posts in the help and training forum and I'd rather not have to waste my time reading nonsense that has little or nothing to do with the topic at hand.

:salute

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2013, 06:10:12 PM »
You guys know this is the help and training forum right?  It's not the look at me I'm so great forum. Bino was kind enough to post the Dicta Boelke Rules of combat and others have the never to poke fun at it.

The OP has a title " how to improve you're fighter and attack score", now while I think it was done in jest new player will stumble upon this and read it to try to improve.

All the bravado and chest thumping does nothing to help and if that's all you have to add then maybe you n eed to post in the Oclub. I don't have to read the Oclub but I'm supposed to read and reply to posts in the help and training forum and I'd rather not have to waste my time reading nonsense that has little or nothing to do with the topic at hand.

+1  :aok
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 05:59:30 AM »

Agreed, my apologies........ :salute
The Few

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 10:23:52 AM »
There is one parameter that you can't cheat in order to obtain a good score: the kill hit %. It's necessary to be at least at 10% for math reasons and also for confidence reasons, you need to be able to concretise any solid kill opportunity.

Saying that fighter score is a competition of timidness is nowhere close to get in top 10. K/d is only one of 6 parameters taken into account for calculation
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2013, 11:02:55 AM »
There is one parameter that you can't cheat in order to obtain a good score: the kill hit %.

"Cheat" is a very strong word in this context ;)

You surely can't influence it upwards as much as other categories, but you still can. Choice of weapons and targets can have a big impact on hit %. Attacking bombers a lot will boost yout hit%.  If you are a versatile, good fighter pilot, using .50cal fighters like a F4U or a P-47 for buff hunting while using tater tossers like the 109K against fighters will boost it even more, while using the planes the other way around will have the opposite effect.

To give an example from my own experience: While my own hit % usually ends up at about 15%, it would drop to less than 10% if I would concentrate on dogfighting, while if I were to go buff hunting exclusively it would stay above 20%.

It's necessary to be at least at 10% for math reasons and also for confidence reasons

:headscratch:

By the way, usually less than 5% of all players get a fighter hit% of 10 or more...  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2013, 12:27:14 PM »
sorry poor choice of words there, was typing on a blackberry between 2 interventions ^^

It's necessary to be at least at 10% for math reasons and also for confidence reasons

I meant that under 10% you will get no chance to get near #1 IMO, and that anyway if you can't make 10% its probably because you are not a "sure shot" and will not get the K/D and K/H anyway.

also I wanted to fix this

Saying that fighter score is a competition of timidness is nowhere close to get in top 10. K/d is only one of 6 parameters taken into account for calculation

I meant that if you think score is all about timidness, you never tried to get a good score.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2013, 01:14:29 PM »
sorry poor choice of words there, was typing on a blackberry between 2 interventions ^^

I meant that under 10% you will get no chance to get near #1 IMO, and that anyway if you can't make 10% its probably because you are not a "sure shot" and will not get the K/D and K/H anyway.

Ah yes, that makes totally sense. For really getting to the top, a high shooting skill is indeed the ultimate prerequisite.

Not too long ago I made a statistical analysis of the top ranked fighter pilots. There was a huge variation in all categories, most notably in K/D (you don't need astonomical high K/D to become #1). Only hit% was a notable exception, that was the sub score with the least variation in it.
Or to put it in other words: You can find all kinds of players in the top 20, brave furballers, pickers, lone wolfes, hordelings, lame perk plane pilots or honorable ENY 30 drivers - but they have one thing in common: Being crack shooters.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
I posted this thread in a satirical manner.

Its like making fun of a serious crisis. You know its horrible but just stating the facts is funny.

The irony here is this. While I wrote this as a satirical statement against timidness so frequent in the Virtual skies of AH2. Following the advice I gave you can significantly improve your score. Because you don't die. Essentially, most fighter pilots fly the way I have described as it allows you to kill the enemy without him being able to kill you.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2013, 11:00:36 PM »
I posted this thread in a satirical manner.

Its like making fun of a serious crisis. You know its horrible but just stating the facts is funny.

The irony here is this. While I wrote this as a satirical statement against timidness so frequent in the Virtual skies of AH2. Following the advice I gave you can significantly improve your score. Because you don't die. Essentially, most fighter pilots fly the way I have described as it allows you to kill the enemy without him being able to kill you.
I think we all know why you posted it.
The issue is where you posted it.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs