Author Topic: How to improve you're fighter and attack score.  (Read 2441 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: How to improve you're fighter and attack score.
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2013, 04:11:27 AM »
The irony here is this. While I wrote this as a satirical statement against timidness so frequent in the Virtual skies of AH2. Following the advice I gave you can significantly improve your score. Because you don't die

No.

"Not dying" is only 1/5th of the fighter score. Placing extreme emphasis on that part does not improve the score significanlty. Most time it hurts. The equalisation  'protecting K/D' = 'protecting score' is simply wrong for the most part.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2013, 07:01:33 AM »
Snail, im afraid, you still dont see his point  ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 01:58:03 PM »
Snail, im afraid, you still dont see his point  ;)

Actually Debrody, Lusche does he just chooses to ignore it and add substance to a thread that shouldn't have been posted in this forum. 

You on the other hand are pushing an agenda of playing the game a certain way,of the 2 I prefer to read Lusche's comments as they add imformation that is usable to all players.

:salute

PS: B4 you comment,plz read my posts above

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2013, 02:14:38 PM »
A low kills per hour/time is one way to quickly and noticabley pork (inflate) you fighter score, especialy at the highest levels of competing for top spots.
I'm not sure how to interpret what you're saying here: 

You use the word "pork", which implies making something worse, but then you say inflate, as in improve?   Assuming you're saying it will improve your fighter score---that is inaccurate.  You can have the highest K/D in the game, but if your kills per time is low it "porks" your fighter score just like having a low hit percentage and low kill points.  You have to have the right amount of risk/reward to get the top slot.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
PS: B4 you comment,plz read my posts above
I know, have read it all, im just a dyck  ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2013, 04:34:57 PM »
I'm not sure how to interpret what you're saying here: 

You use the word "pork", which implies making something worse, but then you say inflate, as in improve?   Assuming you're saying it will improve your fighter score---that is inaccurate.  You can have the highest K/D in the game, but if your kills per time is low it "porks" your fighter score just like having a low hit percentage and low kill points.  You have to have the right amount of risk/reward to get the top slot.

Then study this thing called English.  :devil  :bhead  But seriously, if you're needing English lessons from me, then it's the blind leading the blind.

Pand, the only dumb question is one you don't ask, but c'mon now, you're yanking my chain on this one.  The subject here is on ranking, not points!

Inflate
in·flate
verb (used with object)

1.   to distend; swell or puff out; dilate: The king cobra inflates its hood. 
2.   to cause to expand or distend with air or gas: to inflate a balloon. 
3.   to puff up with pride, satisfaction, etc.
4.   to elate.
5.   Economics . to expand (money, prices, an economy, etc.) unduly in amount, value, or size; affect with inflation.

In the 3rd context it is misleading. However since this matter is, again, in regards to ranking, where 1 > 2, inflating ones rank is not constructive to achieving a better/higher rank.  Although many do take pride and find satisfaction in kicking their score out the window, if you're reading this thread or looking into how to improve your fighter score, then chances are you care and don't take pride or satisfaction from inflating it.

Since apparently you slept through English more than I did:
A low kills per hour/time
is one way to quickly and noticeably pork (inflate) you fighter score, especially at the highest levels of competing for top spots.

¿mejor comprende?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:44:26 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2013, 04:44:01 PM »
no.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 12:22:52 AM »
I've been reading this thread since the OP when no one had replied yet.  I, as with many others, rolled my eyes but I bit my tounge and walked away.  After all, each player should be allowed to express their views, right or wrong.

I finally feel a need to post.

If you really want to improve your fighter rank (or bomber, vehicle or attack ranks) then the single best thing you can do is to improve the statistic within that rank that you're worst at, be it K/D, K/S, K/T, hit%, kill points, damage points, field captures or whatever else it could be.  Improving that one worst stat will have the single largest effect on your rank.

Several years ago I played regularily for score/rank, normally ending tours in the top 50 overall and sometimes top 10.  This was the method I used.  I figured at the start if I could be top 1000 in every stat I had a chance.  Later I refined that to top 500.  If you can be top 500 in every single statitsical category you'll be a top 10 AH player.  

No other shortcuts will get you there because, as others have pointed out, being the best in one or two areas doesn't cut it.  I've been near the top in several individual stats in the past but failed miserably attaining overall rank in that category.  You have to attain proficiency and balance in your overall gameplay.

I no longer play for score or rank.  I now play simply for fun and do things I would have, at that time, thought stupid.  I have more fun now but I'm glad I went through that phase in my time here.

I also went through a phase where I flew every fighter/attack plane available until I had a 2:1 K/D ratio in it for the tour (month).  If you really want to be a better fighter pilot try that.  You'll learn the strengths and weaknesses of every aircraft and be able to utilize that knowledge in a fight.

I know this is a long post so I'll get off my soapbox.  I only hope I've helped someone find a new way to have fun in the game.

:salute
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 12:24:47 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 02:25:42 AM »
Inflate
in·flate
verb (used with object)

1.   to distend; swell or puff out; dilate: The king cobra inflates its hood.  
2.   to cause to expand or distend with air or gas: to inflate a balloon.  
3.   to puff up with pride, satisfaction, etc.
4.   to elate.
5.   Economics . to expand (money, prices, an economy, etc.) unduly in amount, value, or size; affect with inflation.
What you say is correct... Inflation of score (making your score a larger number, as in golf or Aces High) is in fact the opposite of what a person working to improve their score is trying to achieve; however, saying "I killed 50 aircraft in 4 hours and 12 minutes and didn't die once... I seriously deflated my score", just sounds weird.

I was led astray by your verbiage... When I think of improving my score, it would be to inflate my score for the better (i.e. getting closer to the top slot, or in almost every context a higher/inflated score is better than a lower/deflated one).

We're on the same page! :salute

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:49:22 AM by Pand »

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Ninthmessiah

• Copper Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
3) Don't HO.

...Always avoid the HO by diving underneath, and then pulling into an Immelman or High Yo-Yo. To position yourself behind the enemy.

Shhhhhh...  Stop teaching them how to execute a post-merge turn.