Author Topic: How to improve you're fighter and attack score.  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
How to improve you're fighter and attack score.
« on: April 03, 2013, 11:30:28 PM »
1) Fly a fast aircraft

Nothing helps you stay alive better than an aeroplane with speed. Speed allows you to disengage from a disadvantageous fight and survive to RTB. It also allows you to dictate terms of the fight. You can choose to engage when you have the speed advantage, and can ultimately dictate the fight.

However fast aircraft generally have poor turning performance, (unless flying the 109 or Spitfire XVI), so play to your strengths.

2) Never fight fair

However sportsmanlike or "combat orientated" the game-play may seem, NEVER, engage unless you are certain of victory. If there is more than one, fall back to an area where friendlies are flying, this allows you to shoot the enemy off their tails and allows your friendlies to do the same for you. Also, if the pilot is better than you, the 1st point about speed allows you to disengage and survive and perhaps turn the tables later.

It is also worthy of note that use of altitude is your best option when adopting this method.

3) Don't HO.

Head On attacks are generally a case of MAD or Mutually Assured Destruction. You will both die if you HO. Unless you adopt a HOing aircraft such as a 190, NIKI, Typhoon,110 or 410. These attacks are generally inadvisable. Always avoid the HO by diving underneath, and then pulling into an Immelman or High Yo-Yo. To position yourself behind the enemy.

4) When in doubt, disengage

If at any time your situation is beginning to look grim. Disengage and fly home and or climb to altitude away from the fight.

Hope this helps
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: How to improve you're fighter and attack score.
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 05:05:08 AM »
You are kidding.... aren't you?  :huh
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 05:09:20 AM »
^^ It is sarcastic.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 05:16:24 AM »
I find this kind of sarcasm inappropriate for the Help & Training section. IMHO trolling, misleading information, joking is all okay in the general forum... but in here it is being misunderstood and mistaken for genuine help quite easily.

A new player looking for help (and that's the kind of folks coming to this section) won't be able to detect the sarcasm. He's very likely to take it as a regular advice by a "trainer".

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 05:29:57 AM »
Agreed...that being said, everything he posted will improve your scores...if that really matters to you.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 05:51:33 AM »
Agreed...that being said, everything he posted will improve your scores...

Not even that. It may have good effect on a player's K/D, but quite often not on his score ;)

If I were to write a real "how to get a good score/rank" it would read a bit different  :old:

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 08:14:56 AM »
You can stay in the top 500 each tour simply by toolshedding town centers for a few hours each month.  Not that I would ever do that.  :angel:
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »

Not even that. It may have good effect on a player's K/D, but quite often not on his score ;)

If I were to write a real "how to get a good score/rank" it would read a bit different  :old:

Lusche, thx for steppig in and pointing out how these types of post are inappropiate for this forum. That said if you were so inclined a write up by you on how to improve score would be a welcomed addition.

It's not that I care about score but many players do and having an outline to point them to would be of great help.

:salute

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
  Lusche, thx for steppig in and pointing out how these types of post are inappropiate for this forum. That said if you were so inclined a write up by you on how to improve score would be a welcomed addition.

It's not that I care about score but many players do and having an outline to point them to would be of great help.

Not to be a "you know what", but the best way to get a good score is to get good at the many aspects of the game.  :P

Yes there are ways to "game the game" to enhance ones score, but is that something we want a training paper on? Just a thought.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 06:17:42 PM »

Not to be a "you know what", but the best way to get a good score is to get good at the many aspects of the game.  :P

Yes there are ways to "game the game" to enhance ones score, but is that something we want a training paper on? Just a thought.

I wasnt thinking of a step by step on how to game the game Fugi,but more along the lines of if you do A,B and C this will help improve your rank or score. AH is complex with many variables,I dont promote any "type" of game play. I do think that there is a benefit to having the imformation available for those who seek to be #1 in ranking.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 03:35:19 PM »
People are argueing that the OP is wrong and for the most part they are right.  The OP only really highlighted a single aspect, and had he made the following disclaimer in some form it may of validated the post, but instead it has highlighted it as being quite misleading (and it is). 

It is a known fact that avoiding death also means you avoid the richest fights.  Avoiding any fight means your spending time not fighting and generatign kills, but fleeing and keeping distance.  A low kills per hour/time is one way to quickly and noticabley pork (inflate) you fighter score, especialy at the highest levels of competing for top spots.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 03:47:25 PM »
This is a big help to new players.
I would like to add ,this should help there ACM and there SA in leaps and bounds.
You have giving them many good points on how to fly better and enjoy the game to its most.

Or you just showed new players how to make a look at me thread.

One of theme..

:aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »

I thought this was intended to be a positive response to what the OP presented as the way to improve fighter score.
It was not about gaming the game but instead an invitation for Lusche to offer his advice to help new players (and some not so new, ie: me) based on his vast experience and obvious willingness to help based on the posts I have seen.

:salute morf
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »
How to improvie score, what ever. How to improve K/D seems pretty accurate. If you were giving a briefing to a new fighter pilot it would include these points.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »
Lusche is quite generous, but he's not a charity.  He primarily accepts bribes in money and goods, as well as the usual lavish praising.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.