Author Topic: 5th Suicide Within 14 Months.  (Read 1810 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: 5th Suicide Within 14 Months.
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2013, 01:17:23 PM »
I don't understand the logic, or perhaps the lack thereof.

How does it ever make sense to off one's self to fix life's problems.

Always seemed the selfish way out.  Perhaps ONE person's issues wouldn't have to be dealt with, but it creates a whole LOT of problems for those around you that you won't have to worry about when you are gone...

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
I don't understand the logic, or perhaps the lack thereof.

How does it ever make sense to off one's self to fix life's problems.
Mental illness changes the way one works through logic and what makes sense.  Mental illness is real.  It isn't just rational people making bad decisions.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:15 PM »
Mental illness changes the way one works through logic and what makes sense.  Mental illness is real.  It isn't just rational people making bad decisions.

I won't contest that, but half of what people call mental illness is a result of terrible parenting and could have been avoided.

Half of teen suicide is from someone not noticing or caring about the signs leading up to it.

Most attempted suicides are cries for help.

If someone really wants to take their own life, they will find a way to do it.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
Lets make it 6 suicides as of today. I was just informed that the kids father has also killed himself after his loss.

I wouldnt be surprised if this turns into a chain reaction and starts spreading.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2013, 06:38:25 PM »
medication is combined with therapy.  as for your get off the drugs comment, well keep it to yourself.  you arent anybody's doctor here.  some of us need medication and your "expert" opinion is just plain stupid.

I have a chemical imbalance and have battled with depression since I was a kid.  I didnt ask for help until  I was in my late 30's.  If i had sought helped my life would have been different and probably would not have attempted to kill myself.  my first attempt was at 13 and my last was about 13 years ago.  medication didnt "cure" me but it sure did help live a better life.  also educating myself about what was "wrong" with me helped.

and just so you know, this condition passes on from generation to generation.  my father is like me, just like my kids are.  the only difference is that my kids are getting help now instead of when they are in their 30's or 40's like me.

semp

A chemical imbalance?  and what drug corrects this, is it...
   :noid
Nothing personal...life is a little more complex than my perception.  For instance, i dont act off of chemicals in my brain they are simply alien voices. :bolt:

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2013, 07:05:38 PM »
A chemical imbalance?  and what drug corrects this, is it...
(Image removed from quote.)   :noid
Nothing personal...life is a little more complex than my perception.  For instance, i dont act off of chemicals in my brain they are simply alien voices. :bolt:

well isnt that the medication that adam lanza took that morning?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2013, 07:27:37 PM »
 i think he OD :uhoh

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2013, 07:49:05 PM »
I will say this once. It is nessasary to talk. I was really considering killing myself a while back, until I realized I need to grow a pair and deal with life. I was only in 4th grade with no friends so it was tough. Now all I can say without getting to into, a lot of the youth these days  are generally wimps/ or they don't have a lot if caring people around them. Even 6 years ago I wanted to shoot mysel in the head. But again I opened up with people and I found out I really didn't want to die. Bottom  line kids are dumb wimps :bolt:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
Well at about 4:15 PM today someone killed themselves in my area.

What's so special about this? Oh, nothing really, other than the fact that this is the 5th suicide within a 14 month period.

What is up with people just deciding to kill themselves recently? Is this a big issue in other parts of the country, or is the area I live in a special case? I don't think there's a suicide rate as high as the area I live in throughout the neighboring states.

Oh and to top it off, every single suicide that's happened here has been someone under the age of 18.
Sounds a lot like my area 2 years ago. We had 4 all within 6 months. I was friends with two of them (one of which was married to another friend of mine). All of them were young as well (Under 22).
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 10:35:08 PM »
If life really gets that bad, don't kill yourself. Volunteer to help others somewhere in the world. So long as you have a pair of hand and/or a voice you can help others. (if you lose your hands in a tragic golfing accident and have your tounge cut out by Somali pirates, fair enough, jump.) But seriously, help others when you can't find a way to help yourself.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 11:38:58 PM »
That's wht I was trying to get at. Using myself as a prime example
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 11:45:22 PM »
If anyone has ever "felt" like killing themselves enough to contemplate it, give thought as to how they would do it, come up with a method that would be better than another, then they are in need of counseling. Sure, I know, there are a lot of ppl going to say that was just a moment and they "felt" better later and that passed and they've never felt that way again...yada yada.

The question anyone in those shoes should be asked is did you do anything to help yourself heal from the damage that got them to that place where they were thinking about suicide. If said person did not, then said damage (hurt, sadness, loss) did not go away. IT GOT STUFFED IN THE SEPTIC TANK. Said person needs therapy and probably professional help to get heading down the right path. Talking with others can be productive, it can also be counter productive too, all depends on who is speaking, listening, giving advice and who is taking the advice. Psychotherapy (counseling, therapy) is not a fly by night/seat of the pants, anyone can do it kinda thing. There are professionals at it who suck, and there are great ones too. Mostly, conventional wisdom - urban legend more like, that's offered to ppl by their elders on this stuff is GARBAGE. Stuff like: "grow a pair," "toughen up," "you're a wimp,"  it's BS and whoever told someone that they will get "better" by these types of phrases is full of it. People don't heal from wounds by being told they are weak...

:salute

« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:55:10 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 12:27:59 AM »
If anyone has ever "felt" like killing themselves enough to contemplate it, give thought as to how they would do it, come up with a method that would be better than another, then they are in need of counseling. Sure, I know, there are a lot of ppl going to say that was just a moment and they "felt" better later and that passed and they've never felt that way again...yada yada.

The question anyone in those shoes should be asked is did you do anything to help yourself heal from the damage that got them to that place where they were thinking about suicide. If said person did not, then said damage (hurt, sadness, loss) did not go away. IT GOT STUFFED IN THE SEPTIC TANK. Said person needs therapy and probably professional help to get heading down the right path. Talking with others can be productive, it can also be counter productive too, all depends on who is speaking, listening, giving advice and who is taking the advice. Psychotherapy (counseling, therapy) is not a fly by night/seat of the pants, anyone can do it kinda thing. There are professionals at it who suck, and there are great ones too. Mostly, conventional wisdom - urban legend more like, that's offered to ppl by their elders on this stuff is GARBAGE. Stuff like: "grow a pair," "toughen up," "you're a wimp,"  it's BS and whoever told someone that they will get "better" by these types of phrases is full of it. People don't heal from wounds by being told they are weak...

:salute

Going to therapy is a nice way to be labeled as a nutjob for life :D
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 12:37:18 AM »
Up a Typhoon and buy a pie it works for me :old:

I am awesome in a Typhoon :old:

Vonmessa's beard is a deity and cures all cases of uncertainty :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 08:47:01 AM »
I am starting to get a complex...