Author Topic: Pilot Wounded yet again.  (Read 2857 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pilot Wounded yet again.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
I've been playing AH for many years and I know we have had changes in the different models that drive game play over the years.  Has anyone noticed an unusual increase in the number of pilot wounds received lately?  I have.  In the last two weeks, every evening in almost every engagement I end up with a pilot wound.  Anyone else seeing this?

YES!

I've receive more pilot wounds so far this tour then I think I've had in the last 6 combined.
Day one of this tour I suffered a PW on every single flight but one.

I dont particularly care for the way PWs are modeled to begin with. But this is getting ridiculous
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 06:09:43 PM »
The best PW is that one where you're laughing at the guy for spraying at 1000 out and you hear that "Ummph!" sound from your pilot.... gahh!! :furious

:noid

From behind while sitting in an armored seat
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 06:14:17 PM »
Just like nature has changes in season, so does AH with its players.

Things like that usually revolve around collective mood/etc.

:rofl

Yeah that's it for sure :lol

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 06:50:32 PM »

I was chalking it up to flying the zeke more, since you basically spawn on the runway with a pilot wound in that thing.

hahaha thats a good one very true indeed  :rofl
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 11:02:58 PM »
I CALL ON THE SNAIL! Let's see what Lusche has on the stats of PW, I know he keeps a record of them somewhere.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 06:01:18 AM »
I CALL ON THE SNAIL! Let's see what Lusche has on the stats of PW, I know he keeps a record of them somewhere.

You gotta point me to the data first  ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 06:12:32 AM »
The data shows.. -looks at a sheet of paper- .....that people get more pilot wounds when they get shot at and hit.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
From behind while sitting in an armored seat

:furious  :bhead

Seriously, wish it was accuratley modeled to recognise that 50.cal not only hit the rear cockpit after traveling 998 yards, but also a steel plate!

And then on the other hand, german 20mm rounds in this game bounce off fabric past 650 yards.  :huh :confused:

Last night was pretty s!@#y, if not in luck then just the odds.

On that note, idk if pilot wounds are being more frequent or players are just spraying and praying with more lead lately.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 06:03:43 PM »
Is it possible the pilot wound is an expression of a limited pallet of damage options to given areas of each object model? (Dead pilot OR Wounded pilot) Would you rather all rounds that affected the pilot simply killed your plane? Then this complaint would be about the object hardness modeling and how unfair it is to you personally opposed to the less than random OR choice in your personal case of an over occurrence of pilot wounding.

Over the years I've watched the pilot wound and collision complaints ebb and flow almost as if the admin for the game could influence the outcomes with a control table choice or slider control. Maps possibly could have their own idiosyncrasies due to their unique structures affecting these things. I've also watch this ebb and flow in response to Internet usage. School breaks, presidential elections, weather, natural disasters and wars.

So what is it?

1. - HiTech flips a coin each tour then changes some damage controls to switch things up?
2. - Each map influences outcomes differently for different players?
3. - The Internet is choking and pucking again?

Or do you simply want HiTech to turn off pilot wounds because of how personally insulting they are after all of the time invested to fly your plane to the site of your wounding? I've had nights along with some of my squad mates where it seemed like upping any plane meant a pilot wound no matter how skillfully I or they flew. At least spring break is over now.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
I chalk it up to middle aged weight gain. I make a bigger target than I did years ago.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:39 PM »
You gotta point me to the data first  ;)

Since the OP wasn't specific about when the increase started, I'm going to use the last six months as a time scale. With that established is there any noticeable increase in PW to sortie ratio, or are we just getting bad at flying?

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2013, 02:27:27 AM »
I only fly P38s and they are bullet magnets, as we all know; however, for this tour I seem to be getting more pilot wounds than usual. :old:

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
I flew 6 sorties last night 4 ended up with pw's they do seem to be a lot more lately
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 10:18:11 AM »
Since the OP wasn't specific about when the increase started, I'm going to use the last six months as a time scale. With that established is there any noticeable increase in PW to sortie ratio, or are we just getting bad at flying?

My statement still stands: You gotta show me where to find that kind of data before I could answer such a question. :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 10:50:03 AM »
I got a pilot would in every mossie sortie I flew yesterday but managed to land a couple of them.