Author Topic: Pilot Wounded yet again.  (Read 2854 times)

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
Re: Pilot Wounded yet again.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2013, 11:39:41 AM »
I'm sure HTC would mention if they were going to change the PW model. I did find it curious that once, I was in the tower at a base with a vulching LA7, next thing I knew there was red on the tower windows and I was blacking out. Is that odd?  :huh
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2013, 06:22:08 PM »
Since the OP wasn't specific about when the increase started, I'm going to use the last six months as a time scale. With that established is there any noticeable increase in PW to sortie ratio, or are we just getting bad at flying?

I was specific, however, you would have had to read my OP.  I said the last two weeks that I had noticed the increase in Pilot wounds .  That was posted on April 8th.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 06:24:58 PM »
Is it possible the pilot wound is an expression of a limited pallet of damage options to given areas of each object model? (Dead pilot OR Wounded pilot) Would you rather all rounds that affected the pilot simply killed your plane? Then this complaint would be about the object hardness modeling and how unfair it is to you personally opposed to the less than random OR choice in your personal case of an over occurrence of pilot wounding.

Over the years I've watched the pilot wound and collision complaints ebb and flow almost as if the admin for the game could influence the outcomes with a control table choice or slider control. Maps possibly could have their own idiosyncrasies due to their unique structures affecting these things. I've also watch this ebb and flow in response to Internet usage. School breaks, presidential elections, weather, natural disasters and wars.

So what is it?

1. - HiTech flips a coin each tour then changes some damage controls to switch things up?
2. - Each map influences outcomes differently for different players?
3. - The Internet is choking and pucking again?

Or do you simply want HiTech to turn off pilot wounds because of how personally insulting they are after all of the time invested to fly your plane to the site of your wounding? I've had nights along with some of my squad mates where it seemed like upping any plane meant a pilot wound no matter how skillfully I or they flew. At least spring break is over now.

Because I was the OP, I'm not sure if you are addressing your comments to me.  First I posted an observation, not a complaint, I asked if anyone else had noticed what I felt that I had noticed.  I didn't ask HTC to change anything.  Does that answer your questions?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 06:30:45 PM »
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »
 :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2013, 07:14:37 PM »
I'm sure HTC would mention if they were going to change the PW model. I did find it curious that once, I was in the tower at a base with a vulching LA7, next thing I knew there was red on the tower windows and I was blacking out. Is that odd?  :huh

What happened when the "pilot" finally died?

I was specific, however, you would have had to read my OP.  I said the last two weeks that I had noticed the increase in Pilot wounds .  That was posted on April 8th.

My bad, I misread it as "the last few weeks." That certainly narrows down the search a bit.

On that we need a collective analysis of the last four weeks, the first two for control and the last two to analyze any increase in PW. Lusche sounds as though he hasn't kept a record of the PW sustained during sorties which will complicate things a bit.

But as to the OP, yes I have noticed an increase in the number of PW I sustain. It seems like every other sortie that I run into a fighter I get PW.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
Lusche sounds as though he hasn't kept a record of the PW sustained during sorties which will complicate things a bit.

Data from just a single player is not meaningful. Get me the data of several hundred and we can talk again  :P

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2013, 07:59:42 PM »
I only had one sortie today in which I wasn't pilot wounded.

In the past 4 days, I have been pilot wounded more often than in the last two years.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2013, 08:10:54 PM »
Maybe there is merit here?  I got a PW in a Betty yesterday.  Yes, a BETTY.  It was to my understanding that the Betty had 2 options when attacked; Pilot DEAD or, you are on fire. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »
Maybe there is merit here?  I got a PW in a Betty yesterday.  Yes, a BETTY.  It was to my understanding that the Betty had 2 options when attacked; Pilot DEAD or, you are on fire. :)

I think I can top that. I had a fuel leak in a Betty yesterday. An ordinary fuel leak... never had that before  :O

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2013, 11:20:54 PM »
I only had one sortie today in which I wasn't pilot wounded.

In the past 4 days, I have been pilot wounded more often than in the last two years.

I forgot to add I've only played 4 days this tour.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 06:08:41 AM »
I had several pilot wounds last night but if it were not for this post I would not have thought of a change.  Could be though a change in your fighting style might open you up to more pilot wounds and less total plane shot downs.  I will take the pilot wound.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 11:48:38 AM »
I've experienced many more than usual over the last few weeks.

Even tho I made a very cool sound for PW's, I'm getting sick of hearing it every 3rd flight. 

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?k8fjtrfarqveswy

:aok

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »

I think I can top that. I had a fuel leak in a Betty yesterday. An ordinary fuel leak... never had that before  :O

Oh that one is simple; you hacked. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline LTCClark

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2013, 06:43:24 AM »
due to the sequester hiechh has had to cut back on issuing flack. vests

with the large number of them getting destroyed by non returning pilots there is no. way to keep up the supply either.

so I would be expecting a little more pilots getting gut.shot
Get VoiceBot and Use Speech for game commands
www.voicebot.net
AutoHotkey and Software repo maps etc for AHIII