Author Topic: Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Battle of Britain in the AvA this Week...with...
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2013, 02:01:17 PM »
I don't think that ignoring what those that do not fly the AvA want to entice them to participate makes sense when the Arena is underpopulated while we see constant posts inviting us MA players.

I know it's harsh but the numbers speak for themselves.  The way it is run now results in a low population but you don't want to change anything.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
They have tried other ways they even ran a setup specifically for Icepac awhile back.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2013, 02:14:52 PM »
I don't think that ignoring what those that do not fly the AvA want to entice them to participate makes sense when the Arena is underpopulated while we see constant posts inviting us MA players.

I know it's harsh but the numbers speak for themselves.  The way it is run now results in a low population but you don't want to change anything.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Zoney,

The fact is that over the past decade the AvA staff has tried anything and everything.  You perhaps haven't been following it closely, but Karnak has and he knows better.  An AvA arena simply will not please everyone, for a wide variety of reasons, so someone will always be disappointed.

More:  The staff itself has changed significantly over the years.  One of the reasons I left was because I was identified with the "elitist" attitude - probably accurately - which so many found offensive.  The folks who are running it now are doing a fine job.  They even run setups with Karnak's precious Spit 16s.  They have obviously chosen not to defend themselves in this thread so that they don't compound the problem.  I will respect their choice and let you folks have the last word.

- oldman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2013, 02:18:27 PM »
I don't fly Spit XVIs.  Don't mistake my position by misrepresenting me.  You insist on tossing 1942 RAF birds at 1945 Luftwaffe birds for gods know what reason.  One could infer a lot of negative things from that persistent behavior, perhaps inaccurately, but the AvA's sheer refusal to adjust when it is pointed out that they are being inaccurate in a way they don't have to be makes one wonder.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 03:15:44 PM »
Oldman, thanks for your reply.

There is nothing that I want as much as having AvA battles in this wonderful game we enjoy.

I'm quite aware of the history of the AvA because I want it to be a worthwhile place for me to play. and therefore follow conversations and changes as they are discussed.

Allthough no one has asked me personally what I want, I'll throw it our there anyway.

1.) I want to feel welcome and included when I play there.

2.) I want the same settings I find in the MA.

3.) I want unlimited plane choices except for the Axis VS Allies theme, or absolutely correct limited planesets per era.

I am NOT asking anyone to change the arena for me.  I am sharing why I do not play there simply as information.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 04:33:07 PM »
We've removed the C.202 until we roll in 1941-42 aircraft later this week.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
 :banana:   :joystick:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 11:27:28 PM by USRanger »
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus