Author Topic: Boston Marathon explosions  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Boston Marathon explosions
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2013, 11:53:05 PM »
I was reading that the guy with the bloody flag that had helped save the man who lost his legs, had himself lost a son in Iraq in 2004 and later lost his second son to suicide due to depression over the loss of his big brother.

Helluva man to have kept himself together to save someone else considering what he's already endured.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2013, 12:17:35 AM »
I was reading that the guy with the bloody flag that had helped save the man who lost his legs, had himself lost a son in Iraq in 2004 and later lost his second son to suicide due to depression over the loss of his big brother.

Helluva man to have kept himself together to save someone else considering what he's already endured.

From what I read about it, he did lose it. tried to kill himself when they let him know about his first sons death... as to the seconds suicide, they place the blame 100% on the first sons death, now I don't know about you but having my father try to burn himself to death on the top of a car might not have helped that much. He now drives everywhere in a pickup dedicated to his first son protesting the war.

Saying that it sounds like many people stepped up and helped at that time. I think the reason he has become the face of those people is from what I understand, A: there is video of him racing and jumping over that face to help, B: the picture of him running next to the wheelchair with the man who is missing most of his leg. To top that I heard he has been in the news before with the tragic back story, that news stations will latch onto that.

Really every person who walked/ran towards that site to help should be prasied for their quick response. The first aid given to the wounded in the field, saved many lives and limbs.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2013, 01:00:33 AM »
I wouldntbe too hard on a guy who lost two of his kids.  How people react to that is hard to predict.  That's being said as someone who also lost two.  I tend to be sympathetic to members of that particular club. 

The comment shouldn't detract from the efforts of all those that ran to help.  There were clearly many first responders in action thankfully :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2013, 01:19:17 AM »
All this bickering and "im right you're wrong" crap is pretty damn childish. Im disgusted by it personally. Send your good thoughts, energy and pray to whatever higher being you believe in for those lost, hurt and affected by the bombing.
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2013, 02:31:40 AM »

I read today that the man who lost his legs being wheel-chaired away is expected to recover as fully as one cane after losing both legs. I've seen the gruesome picture, but the man in the Tough Ruck shirt saved his life by making sure he didn't bleed out by pinching his femoral artery (you can see that in the picture)

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2013, 04:01:05 AM »
Wrong, attacking troops is completely different from attacking civilians if you cant see the difference you are lost.

Plawranc,  troll patrol, or troll mole?  Where do you get your half a world a way and yet so informed opinion about all things regarding freedom and the USA? Furthermore, where does your desire to do this come from?  I don't meddle in telling Aussie's what is right/wrong about their country. In what should be a time of grieving and mourning for us here, maybe you could give us some space and time. Frankly, if you are not a citizen of the US and aren't offering constructive discourse please move along, you aren't helping.

Also, there was a lot of acts of terror committed by and also against tories. I'll let you take a guess which direction was more prevalent...kinda easy to do when the guys with guns (redcoats) are right there to protect.  However, what does this have to do with terrible event in Boston?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2013, 04:09:35 AM »
Yes, they are. Too many don't secure their weapons, and too many talk freely about what they would do if given the "opportunity" to use them. Too many gun owners seem anxious to use those weapons, and that terrifies me.

Too many that what??? Too many that you hear, too many that you've seen? Where did you see/hear all of this?

"Unfortunately, too often, what is permitted, or a "right" isn't right."    That part of your statement is what terrifies me.

I can't say what may need to be said here, but most that concur with me have already thought about the real reason we are allowed to have guns in America, but I can give you a hint, it's to stop/protect from those who would turn this into Nazi Germany.

I'm glad to know where you stand.

I'm done with this thread, going to get into trouble if I come back I'm sure. If you feel you want to, pm me.

My prayers and thoughts go out to all the victims, may god assist in their healing and grieving of this terrible event.

:salute
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 04:17:21 AM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2013, 08:38:51 AM »
My love and condolances are for the victims and their families and friends.  My undying gratitude is for those that ran to the trouble when many more were running away.

They are special human beings who, not knowing if other danger awaited, thought of others instead of themselves.  That my friends is glory and bravery whether it be on

a battlefield or disasters like which occurred in Boston.  We all OWE them our thanks and gratitude.  Having buried a father recently who was a decorated veteran of WWII

buried with full Military honors awakens you to the fact that life is not all about ME!  It shouldn't take a tragedy such as this to point that out.

As for the perpetrators of this heinous act....for those of us who believe...there IS double jeopardy.  You may have to think about that comment.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »
Already, there are radio show hosts throwing accusations that it was an inside job.

These guys are more damaging than the terrorists themselves.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2013, 09:57:31 AM »

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f3_1366121231

Interview with the guy shortly after everything happened.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2013, 10:56:14 AM »
Already, there are radio show hosts throwing accusations that it was an inside job.

These guys are more damaging than the terrorists themselves.

This was an inside job, Al Qaeda would have been all over now, claiming credit. This has all the hallmarks of the Atlanta Olympic bombing, and the reasoning and perpetrator is likely of the same mindset, right wing anti-government. Couple this with the letters being received by Obama and Republican Senator Shelby(who backs some forms of gun control) that were possibly laced with Ricin. This says it's terror caused by someone who opposed gun control. Say or think what you want of me, but I believe it is someone who is an extreme right wing believer who has lost all sense of humanity. No, I don't believer everyone who opposed gun controls are extremists, just misguided.
 Edit: Strangely, when i had read the article, Shelby's name was listed, I swear, because I copied it to research him on the net. This was wrong. The Senator who received the ricin letter was Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss, and there is not much that I have found yet to give a reason why he might have been attacked. My apologies.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:09:14 AM by Copprhed »
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2013, 11:02:38 AM »
This was an inside job, Al Qaeda would have been all over now, claiming credit. This has all the hallmarks of the Atlanta Olympic bombing, and the reasoning and perpetrator is likely of the same mindset, right wing anti-government. Couple this with the letters being received by Obama and Republican Senator Shelby(who backs some forms of gun control) that were possibly laced with Ricin. This says it's terror caused by someone who opposed gun control. Say or think what you want of me, but I believe it is someone who is an extreme right wing believer who has lost all sense of humanity. No, I don't believer everyone who opposed gun controls are extremists, just misguided.

The Unibomber wasn't a right winger, actually just the opposite.
Just saying. :)

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2013, 11:10:25 AM »
The Unibomber wasn't a right winger, actually just the opposite.
Just saying. :)
I never mentioned the unibomber, only Atlanta, which WAS right wing extremism, as was Oklahoma City.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2013, 11:32:55 AM »
See Rule #14
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:34:03 PM by Skuzzy »
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member