Author Topic: HTC  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: HTC
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2013, 08:30:35 AM »

Waffle: Actually

Well that is very interesting. Looking at the books on Waffle's desk. There's the Soviet Combat Aircraft of the Second World War Vol. 1: Single-Engined Fighters and then I see a back cover of Squadron Signal's Yak fighters in action.

I'm guessing Yaks are getting updated as we speak. Hopefully there will be more variants coming!

Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2013, 05:47:06 PM »
I wished it didn't add up but, it does. It's nearly 1,900 one way. Then, add in the misc. running around. Last year's trip was 7,554 miles. Anyway, the Bahama's is up next come Memorial Day. A drive to Jacksonville to catch the boat. After that, the Dayton Gathering for June 22nd & 23rd then to Jupiter, Florida for the 4th of July. Late September, early October, another run to the west coast, Nevada, Utah & Arkansas. :bhead :bolt:

If the economy was better and I thought there was even the slimmest chance to break even (selling rides, merchandise, etc.), I'd be pedling out our flying circus to the organiser(s) in Dayton in a heartbeat.  Maybe next year...  But seriously, the museum ended up with a clean schedule this month (June gloom weather keeps it light, but the cutbacks really slimmed it this year), and we'd rather be making some money and keeping these birds flying.

Ok, here are the new projects that I saw Waffle working on.
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

What, no stagecoach!!!  :huh  :confused:  :mad:  :furious  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »
Hey Babs, I might be out that way the end of September to the first part of October. Starting to plan that trip...well, after Dayton and the 4th, I'll be planning it.
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2013, 01:28:03 AM »
Was engine replacement time (about 2500 hrs), and I have not checked on it recently to see if it is complete.

HiTech

Speaking of engines, when (if ever) are we going to see a graphics engine replacement for AH? And not another AH1 to AH2 like update.

When was original alpha version of AH actually coded, must be getting on to 15 years now?

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Gixer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: June 14, 2013, 02:05:32 AM »
I'm guessing Yaks are getting updated as we speak. Hopefully there will be more variants coming!

Don't hold your breath on that one, I've been waiting 10 years only to watch just about every other aircraft updated first and a long list of new hangar queens and a WW1 arena that lasted 2 weeks.

<S>...-Gixer

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2013, 06:11:26 PM »
Hey Babs, I might be out that way the end of September to the first part of October. Starting to plan that trip...well, after Dayton and the 4th, I'll be planning it.

Let me know, I'll venture to Hemet or anywhere in between, and you guys are more than welcome to come out to the hangars in Camarillo.  The 30th will be my 30th, Reno is the week of 11-15, and I'll need to check the air show schedule too (usually a busy time of year, but with the military cancellations...).

Have fun in Dayton, try to mobilize the troops there to get me a business card from an airshow organiser (preferably one interested in a flying A6M3 and Hellcat act next year).  :aok
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2013, 05:03:02 PM »
I will be at the Reno show at least Saturday and Sunday. If you make it, If we can hook up, I'll buy you a cold drink..unless it is cold, as occasionally happens.  :D
Will PM my cell and home phone later...just between the "air show" in Carson City and a daughters full contact football game in Reno.
Anyone else planning to attend the Reno Air Races?
Poof
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline helbent

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2013, 07:37:13 AM »
There is an 80% chance I might be able to swing by 6/17 Monday AM.  Did you call Carrie, PM HT, or put up the skuzzy spotlight?

It would be interesting to see the operation, but they might be in bad shape come monday morning hehe.
Creator and original CO of the now HiJacked Squad -=Hell Hounds=-
Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Avator by fugi.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2013, 03:25:56 PM »
There is an 80% chance I might be able to swing by 6/17 Monday AM.  Did you call Carrie, PM HT, or put up the skuzzy spotlight?

It would be interesting to see the operation, but they might be in bad shape come monday morning hehe.

Don't even knock. Just walk in. Carrie will dazzle you with a smile, tell her who you are and you are there for a tour. You will find most all very nice.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline 1MADDOG1

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »
Snoopy, when is the Reno races? Might adjust my schedule for it.
:old: SM1/E-6 USN 1980-1991 (100% Disabled Vet) Served on FFG-11, FFG-13, FF-1047, LHD-1, HC-16, NAS Pensacola (Navy Police)
Multi AHXARL Season & Finale Champion, Having Fun Since Tour #76
I'm also PorkyPig, DickWeed, 1CASPER1 & Calypso

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »
I will be at the Reno show at least Saturday and Sunday. If you make it, If we can hook up, I'll buy you a cold drink..unless it is cold, as occasionally happens.  :D
Will PM my cell and home phone later...just between the "air show" in Carson City and a daughters full contact football game in Reno.
Anyone else planning to attend the Reno Air Races?
Poof

Word this weekend is we're trying (the proposal is in the mail) to get some of our planes and a few others in at Reno for statics and a choreographed "race" of WWII fighters.  We'll see what flys...

I will be at Truckee July 5-7th, we're bringing Man-O-War and one T-6 (SNJ5), and maybe another friend and his son is coming in from Vegas with his T-6 too to give us a hand.

Snoopy, when is the Reno races? Might adjust my schedule for it.

September 11-15, 50th anniversary I believe, should be one to not miss.  :aok
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:21:54 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
Well that is very interesting. Looking at the books on Waffle's desk. There's the Soviet Combat Aircraft of the Second World War Vol. 1: Single-Engined Fighters and then I see a back cover of Squadron Signal's Yak fighters in action.

Nice pics, thanks for posting!

Now, the question becomes...  Did he know people would be looking for that sort of thing and put in a red herring?  I know I would.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
Now, the question becomes...  Did he know people would be looking for that sort of thing and put in a red herring?  I know I would.

Wiley.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2013, 05:02:58 PM »
I don't know Arlo looks photoshopped to me maybe ripley could come and verify.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
I don't know Arlo looks photoshopped to me maybe ripley could come and verify.

:rofl