Author Topic: trinity  (Read 2480 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: trinity
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2013, 10:19:17 PM »

unless the mountains are fixed....

Caldera, summed it up perfectly

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
I liked Trinity, but I do have to agree that those 30k mountains were a bit of a pain.  Leaving them 30k around TT should be okay, but border mountains could do with a bit of lowering.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2013, 01:36:15 AM »
I liked Trinity, but I do have to agree that those 30k mountains were a bit of a pain.  Leaving them 30k around TT should be okay, but border mountains could do with a bit of lowering.
Fly around them 

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2013, 01:57:49 AM »
Fly around them 

sounds fine if you're one of those people with no job or, indeed, no life, who has time to fly around on Aces High all day

for those of us who get to log a few hours a week it is not fine, it's boring as hell

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2013, 03:06:52 AM »
Fly around them 

Wow!  NEVER thought of that one!  Oh thou has saved me from the 30k mountains!  Want a cookie?  Medal? :rolleyes:  Gonna have to clue you in on something, I like Trinity, but even I saw that it would go nowhere for a long time.  Changes are needed for that map, plain and simple.  I'll admit that fighting in the canyon's would be quite fun though. :)  Not sure HOW they are going to change it up though. :headscratch:  I hope that SOME of those 30k mountains remain so that a good ol canyon fight can happen. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2013, 03:19:23 AM »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 04:15:35 AM »
If Trinity mountains are lowered by 75% then yes, bring it back.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »
If they rotated the base placement on the map 60 degrees so that the mega mountain ranges ran through the center of each country in stead of along the boarders it might help that map. But I think lowering the mountains is an easier "fix" than reassigning the bases.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2013, 09:36:57 AM »
If they rotated the base placement on the map 60 degrees so that the mega mountain ranges ran through the center of each country in stead of along the boarders it might help that map.

I'd anticipate gnashing of teeth, sack sloth, ash showers and wailing from it's biggest fans.

"Oh woes is us! The map was ruined! They turned it to a six country map!"

(Meh heh)

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
sounds fine if you're one of those people with no job or, indeed, no life, who has time to fly around on Aces High all day

for those of us who get to log a few hours a week it is not fine, it's boring as hell

Takes 10 mins GET A 262 by the way local 12 here my friend for over 23 years .

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2013, 01:17:46 AM »
Prior to discovering the v135 spawn I can remember flying around and exclaiming on VOX how much I thought the map sucked.  After discovering the v135 spawn, I have had the most fun I have had in AH.  Whether I was the "mole" or the "whacker"..... the promise of nearly instantaneous and relatively bomb**** free action for GVers admittedly lies in stark contrast to the painfully slow and boring slog the airgame has to endure to find some action.  Maybe just the addition of a couple more frontline airfields per country in closer proximity to the enemy might be a satisfactory compromise.
 Or an easier fix would be to shorten up the reset time just for Trinity map to like two or three days.

Either way I vote for bringing Trinity back.

:salute Nishizwa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline masterjock

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2013, 12:34:06 AM »
bring it back

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2013, 08:09:52 AM »
bring it back

I agree.  After they sack V135, get the tank town adjusted to "spawn and play" condition, and adjust the mountains as needed to encourage quicker engagements between fronts.

Trinity offers one of the best TT in AH, it is hand in hand with the TT in Greebo's map.  Ultimately, Trinity is one of the better maps in AH offers. If there is a map that NEEDS to come out of the rotation for a multitude of reasons it is Mindanao.  There is nothing balanced about that map and it offers a very limited choice of gv engagements.  Oh, and just so everyone knows where that map is from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindanao
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2013, 10:12:23 AM »
Hell, I'd be happy even if they didn't change the 30K mountains.  IMHO it promoted / forced some high-altitude combat, which is rare in the game.  Kind of like the 15K plateau in the DA.  

As for the "win the war" guys, in the old days, attackers always brought a CV to open a second front on one of the coasts, and there was plenty of front-line movement from that.  If they got their respective acts together, they could still do this, so complaints about static front lines on the mountains are IMHO bogus.  

One of the best maps of all time, if they added a central VBase in TT to produce the "I am here" factor.

MH
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:18:49 AM by TDeacon »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »
Trinity offers one of the best TT in AH, it is hand in hand with the TT in Greebo's map.  Ultimately, Trinity is one of the better maps in AH offers. If there is a map that NEEDS to come out of the rotation for a multitude of reasons it is Mindanao.  There is nothing balanced about that map and it offers a very limited choice of gv engagements.  Oh, and just so everyone knows where that map is from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindanao

Midnanao may be unbalanced, but the thought os swicthing that small map for another large one is horryifying to me at the current numbers.
A large map like Trinity takes at least 200 players to get the action going across all fronts and starts to thrive at 300+
We only have those numbers for a few hours, about 1 3rd of the day we have even below 100, going as low as 35 recently. As I write these words at 6:30 pm local, there are about 120 players on TAGMA which results in having single cons all over the map and not much battles around at all.
Only very late in my evening we will reach 200 players, which is still just barely adequate to fill a large map. On a map like mindanao there will be action almost at any time.

Sorry, but as much as I like some of them, but the days of huge maps are largely gone  :(

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman