Author Topic: black squares  (Read 258 times)

Offline weiser

• Copper Member
black squares
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:07:13 PM »

Been having problems with all planes being a black square, enemy or friendlies, no problems seeing icons and some times when I'm in real close I can make out the shape of the plane. I've tried different graphic setting and also tried configuring my moniter but with no result. I know that it is probably something simple because I've head of guys having the same issue and resolving there problem.  Please Help

weiser
co/162ndFG"Purple*Hearts"
success doesn't always mean fun
but having fun is always successful

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Re: black squares
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
Sounds like you have an Intel graphics system.  It's a glitch in their hardware, only recourse I know is go to another graphics adaptor like Nvidia.  Only plus side I have heard is if you are a gver you can see the squares on enemy tanks where others without Intel cards cannot see the enemy eg: behind a tree, hedge or inside a barn or over a hill.
Ground Pounders ...

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:34:00 PM »
Sounds like what redcatcher said, but sending the first third of a DxDiag report won't hurt. Instructions: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,342871.msg4526838.html#msg4526838
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 06:08:04 AM »
Even if it is an Intel graphics chip, there are settings you can change, in the game, which will allow the Intel chip to run.  It depends on which chip it is.

A DXDIAG output would be very helpful.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com