Author Topic: A-20 characteristics  (Read 7898 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: A-20 characteristics
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 10:49:40 AM »
-I was utterly owned by a much lesser plane.
-I dont suck the biggest one, rather make the much lesser plane even worse.
-Cobia38 cheats anyways. Ban him from the game.
 :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok

Thats it dood, keep coming  :aok

btw, Cobia38 is a friggen circle jerk!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:51:38 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 10:53:19 AM »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »
I Use the Boston in the same respect. Although I have to be close for the 303's :bhead

anyone know if they how much lighter the Boston is compared to the a20?
A20 feels like it carries more fuel, and the engines feel stronger. Opinions/facts?

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Warmongo

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »
Gray,

I'm a pilot too. This is a cartoon plane combat game no matter what the "experts" of the game say. It is pretty arcadish. Play it as it is and have fun. Give you a hint, take drop tanks and 25% fuel. Drop the tanks before you engage and you will be surprised how well the p51 turns.

After this statement, watch all the flak I'm going to get. LMFAO!

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
Actually, I do have many specs on file at home from the Smithsonian. And looking at the two over my lunch today, my arguement is confirmed.

Oh and pony's can fly very slow with flaps at full and full power. Turn radius much better then an A20 based on wing length and airfoil. While the A20 has a slightly shorter stall thresh-hold.

Bottom line, HTC needs to revamp the A-20 if they are striving for realism. End of discussion.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2013, 11:19:30 AM »

sorry,couldent resist  :devil

but seriously Graycliff,you killed yourself when you decided to get sloppy.  if you filmed it,watch it and you will see what I,m talking about  :salute

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »
Not sloppy. Just picked a fight with a plane that is setup as being a better turner then a pony when it shouldn't be. I guess I will fly those A20s from now on if this is the case.

Offline manglex1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
Actually, I do have many specs on file at home from the Smithsonian. And looking at the two over my lunch today, my arguement is confirmed.

Oh and pony's can fly very slow with flaps at full and full power. Turn radius much better then an A20 based on wing length and airfoil. While the A20 has a slightly shorter stall thresh-hold.

Bottom line, HTC needs to revamp the A-20 if they are striving for realism. End of discussion.

I didn't realize that one fight is what decides whether the modeling of an aircraft is wrong or not. Everyone that has posted has given you reasons as to why the A-20 could have out turned your pony. On top of that, nothing you have said has disproved human error. Unless you have film of the A-20 doing something completely impossible, just jot it down as a mistake and try to figure out what went wrong.  :salute

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 11:37:36 AM »

sorry,couldent resist  :devil

but seriously Graycliff,you killed yourself when you decided to get sloppy.  if you filmed it,watch it and you will see what I,m talking about  :salute
:rofl :rofl :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 11:38:39 AM »
I don't film. Never have. You have to "unzip" files or some garbage and I don't know how to do that.

Whenevre I used to try and film fights, the files would never play or open.

POOF

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 11:41:31 AM »
A20 with a gunner is a sleeper coming up off a field where FH have just been knocked down.

D3 with a gunner is same as above.

Fly them and see sir.

I fight them on a Ki84 and they turn inside of me if the turn is flat and not oblique.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 11:48:54 AM »
Wing length is completely irrelevant to turning without knowing a whole lot of other numbers as well.

Wing loading favors the A-20G (when not laden with bombs and fuel, which Cobia's never is) over the P-51D's.  What makes you think the P-51D should turn a tighter radius?  The airfoil difference would need to be huge to make up the wingloading difference.  Powerloading at WWII levels of powerloading don't make much difference.

For what it is worth, in the Mossie VI, which has very close turn performance to the P-51D in AH, I never try turn with A-20Gs and they are helpless targets.  Even Cobia I'd think, though I haven't fought him.

Just don't take liberties.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 12:14:59 PM »
I remember about 5 years back when a lancaster out turned my spit9 at a very slow stall speed.  he also had a gunner so I died.  for a while I tried to get gunners so I could turn fight in bombers, but the idea died.

it is still fun though every now and then to get a gunner and turn fight against a fighter that thinks he's got an easy kill  :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »
Sounds like another case of an inferior pilot running into a superior pilot, gets shot down and comes to the BBS to whine about the flight model in an attempt to explain away his suckage.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2013, 12:19:30 PM »
First and Last mistake was TURNING with an A20.  That is not the Pony's rule of engagement.  Lesson learned.   :cheers: