Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Trinity
« on: May 14, 2013, 09:11:41 AM »
Is trinity completly removed from
 game or can it be downloaded for use in the CA?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: Trinity
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
I think it has been replaced in the rotation with Greebo's "Crater MA".

Greebo's map is a big improvement in gameplay in my opinion. This was done,[I think] to address complaints from th ecommunity that Trinity was too restricitve, geographically, and took too long for map to reset.
Who is John Galt?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:29:33 AM »
I think it has been replaced in the rotation with Greebo's "Crater MA".

Greebo's map is a big improvement in gameplay in my opinion. This was done,[I think] to address complaints from th ecommunity that Trinity was too restricitve, geographically, and took too long for map to reset.

Thats because the large portion want to horde a map and win it in 5 minutes or less, and they find out they cant do it on trinity unless two countries attack one, because even with an NOE raid on a field, the other country can react slow and still recover and defend unlike other maps.

Trinity has had some of the best fights that I can remember, doughnut map for example I can't recall many good fights unless it was a horde.
JG 52

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 10:47:05 AM »
But can I use it for the CA is why I'm tryin to say. I understand it's gone from rotation, I want to know if it's gone from the game across the board

Side not: not home so I can't check myself, and knowing my cp I more than likely don't even have it. Would I be able to download it?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »
Try creating a custom arena. All available terrains are listed in the selection for terrain. If it isn't listed, then it's not available and you won't be able to use it. If it's listed, then choose it and it will download automatically if you don't have it on your local computer. To upload a terrain for use, you'll need the source files...so even if you actually had Trinity on your local computer, you wouldn't be able to upload it for use if it wasn't already there.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »
Try creating a custom arena. All available terrains are listed in the selection for terrain. If it isn't listed, then it's not available and you won't be able to use it. If it's listed, then choose it and it will download automatically if you don't have it on your local computer. To upload a terrain for use, you'll need the source files...so even if you actually had Trinity on your local computer, you wouldn't be able to upload it for use if it wasn't already there.

thank you Imadot
 :salute
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 11:43:57 AM »
Buthcer my ole friend  :salute

Hitech would never remove it  from rotation for such simple terms.  As I recall, Trinity was ruining any hope of real rotation of maps.  The size and difficulty in player resets almost insured a near 50% chance that when you logged on, it would be the map in play.  Since then new maps have been added along with some older ones reworked to also be included.  There were a number of good things about trinity, that simply wore old, due to its overwhelming dominance in rotation time.

My hat is off to all of those who create these maps and to Hitech for allowing such important contributions from players and volunteers.  Who knows there may be someone reworking Trinity or rotation rules to help bring it back to those who would like to see it  again.  That being said, it was a smart move by Hitech to allow the current rotation take place as well as their continued dedication to improve game graphics and game play.  So, as ImAdot has pointed out one could always find their favorite map in Custom Arenas.

Another thing to take into account, woud be player preferences.  Some of my happiest moments from Aces High I can recall was on an old map the spawned the Dueling Arena Lake concept.  The action was purely sport, no base capture intended but tons of players, just as happy to go down in flames as long as they were able to quickly return to the fight and return the favor to another combatant.  Long flights to reach the action and a quick death, certainly does not favor many players with lesser skills.  One must ponder how long a paying customer would subject themselves to that sort of abuse, without some sort of encouragement.  Even if that means base capture, or more player map resets.

Thats because the large portion want to horde a map and win it in 5 minutes or less, and they find out they cant do it on trinity unless two countries attack one, because even with an NOE raid on a field, the other country can react slow and still recover and defend unlike other maps.

Trinity has had some of the best fights that I can remember, doughnut map for example I can't recall many good fights unless it was a horde.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 12:14:38 PM »
Trinity was my #1 favorite map :( Sucks they took it out
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 01:24:04 PM »

Same here, nothing beats seeing Bishop on V85 camping it or that other base - you knew someone like LT would be camping there, take up a Stuka and get nothing but whining for a week.
JG 52

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »
A few weeks ago when Skuzzy was in the LW arena I asked him if there was any chance to get Trinity map back. He said "they are working on changes to the Trinity map and it will be brought back into rotation". No word on time frame for copletion.

:salute

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 02:18:31 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh I have it!  :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 03:49:01 PM »
Complete shame the whiners got Trinity tossed.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 05:28:02 PM »

X3
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
Most epic gv battles ever
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline thedoom26

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 08:36:14 PM »
That map had huge mountains :O but good gv fights. :banana:
My name is Talin555 and if you get shot down by me, You should slap your self, Because i am not the best at  fighting.