Author Topic: My apologies to Vinkman  (Read 6037 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
My apologies to Vinkman
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:11 PM »
...for being merciless in our dozen or so fights...and bragging excessively about it on ch200.

I just get tired, on occasion, of people making fun of Spitfire pilots like we're in trainers with training wheels. :frown:

I hear it daily. :rolleyes:

Glad you had a chance to see that the mighty Spitfire MK VIII is a very nice aeroplane, long range, powerful guns, great maneuverability, and awesome E building capability to even out-run a P51. :airplane:

Not that easy to fight and win with, but in capable hands, can make you miss constantly :joystick: and show you it's... well... awesome and... ---> deadly <----. :aok

Your K4 never had a chance, but, with practice, your Spitfire MK VIII might. :)

:salute Vinky :rock
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:02:37 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: My apologies to Vinkman
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »
... and if you want to DA some, just let me know.   :airplane: :joystick:

PS: the reason I posted my apology publicly is because I over-the-top bragged publicly so am apologizing to the community as well... and to the mod that reminded me that I was being annoying with my bragging. :salute
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:13:13 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 11:14:23 PM »
I just want to say that Delirium is Mercy, and I am but a dweeb who will refrain from posting for the rest of this tour in said awesome nice pilot's honour. :salute

Good bye, BBS, till next tour.

Just like your P-38 challenge, you don't have the strength of character to follow through with what you said. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 11:18:31 PM »
Just like your P-38 challenge, you don't have the strength of character to follow through with what you said.  

ack-ack

I thought it important enough to apologize and Mercy/Delirium said for me to do what I want, so no longer felt the need to stay with my self-imposed silence.  My respect for Mercy remains as stated, but that is not the point of this thread... I just owed Vinky an apology, and the community...and it couldn't wait till next tour. :angel:

Sometimes good judgement needs to override previous commitments. :old:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:22:06 PM by Midway »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:21:49 AM »
PS: the reason I posted my apology publicly is because I over-the-top bragged publicly so am apologizing to the community as well... and bragging publicly some more on the BBs for those who missed it in the arena. :salute

Fixed
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 01:16:38 AM »
...for being merciless in our dozen or so fights...and bragging excessively about it on ch200.

I just get tired, on occasion, of people making fun of Spitfire pilots like we're in trainers with training wheels. :frown:

Glad you had a chance to see that the mighty Spitfire MK VIII is a very nice aeroplane, long range, powerful guns, great maneuverability, and awesome E building capability to even out-run a P51. :airplane:

Not that easy to fight and win with, but in capable hands, can make you miss constantly :joystick: and show you it's... well... awesome and... ---> deadly <----. :aok

Thought you promised to stfu until the tour ended.  :rolleyes:

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 01:18:34 AM »

ack-ack

Guess I shoulda read the whole thread... AKAK beat me to it.  :lol

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 03:06:31 AM »

Ill take you to the DA. WHEN I win, You zip it on 200 and the boards for a whole month?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 03:25:14 AM »
Ill take you to the DA. WHEN I win, You zip it on 200 and the boards for a whole month?

:rofl
Top Gun

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 03:59:16 AM »
so... Vinky went to the DA, even had the balls to bring a K4 against a Spit8 what alone predestinated the outcome of the fights, and you come here to brag about it?
Even more, you apologize for bragging on 200 by bragging even more on the BBS? wow.
Serioulsy, its the best you know?

Also: you state that Spitfires are not trainer planes, yet in the very next sentence you explain why the Spit8 is way superior to almost anything in game, ergo how easy it is. There is some serious failure in that logical consequence.

Soak it up, the Spitfire Mk VIII is ridiculously easy to fly, especially when you have a yearly amount of pure flight time in it.
"What do you mean i cant fly for chit? Is my plane as turny as yours, huh??"  //Peace Sells, Megadeth, 1986, in that case if you dont know what im talking about.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 05:50:14 AM »
o... Vinky went to the DA, even had the balls to bring a K4 against a Spit8 what alone predestinated the outcome of the fights, and you come here to brag about it?
Even more, you apologize for bragging on 200 by bragging even more on the BBS?

Also: you state that Spitfires are not trainer planes, yet in the very next sentence you explain why the Spit8 is way superior to almost anything in game, ergo how easy it is. There is some serious failure in that logical consequence.

These were all MA fights. We met mostly 1 v 1. Half the time he was in a k4, the other half in a Spitfire MK VIII. Given his diffiiculty fighting in the Spitfire MK VIII, he proved my point that it is not a trainer and not that easy to fight and win in.  It certainly wan't "easy mode" for him, and the outcome, well, nuff said about that... :joystick:

Also, am apologizing for bragging, and am not bragging more, although I can see how you might think that... but you'd be wrong. :)

Just to get the facts straight.  :aok

Um, no.  I don't like sizing egos in the DA and certainly not to make bets in, but if you wanna duel, I would go with you, BiPoLaR, because I like you and you might make it fun, like Debrody does. :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:21:33 AM by Midway »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 06:30:07 AM »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:03 AM »
I don't know why so many of you feel the need to disparage Spitfire pilots for being in "trainers" and "easy mode" when they stall frequently into the dirt, get shot up fairly quickly, are flown by seasoned pilots often, and most important, is flown often by the ONLY triple TOC winner in Aces High history, not to mention they are sweet aeropanes with an awesome fighting history in real life. :airplane:

Respect the Spitfire for the awesome sweet aeroplane that it is. :old:

Flown by the best pilot in Aces High (not me). :old:

Difficult to fight in... as Vinky said on 200, "a very stally aeroplane" (paraphrasing).

Apology made and defended for letting the down talk of Spitfire pilots get me into bragging mode.  :salute

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 08:41:53 AM by Midway »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:56 AM »
Fine. You killed Vinky. And? Stating it twenty more times makes you feel better? IkilledVinkyIkilledVinkyIkill edVinky... etc Dafuq cares? What do you want to prove with this? Interesting enough, you werent posting it on the BBS when i killed you 8 times on a single sortie, same plane 1v1s. Nor did i. Why? Cuz i dont want to make you look worse (any worse? huh) also i dont need to prove anything. Gotcha? Childish stuff, my cartoon peebody is bigger than yours, etc, sillyness, and is not for a conversation between grown men.

And i demand you to stop this fph suckyness immediately. The spit8 is ridiculously easy to fly, even if i dont know how to get the most out of it. My plane is an other one, and betcha, you cant even get close to me in that one. Nor your fph can. Some fishy stuff happened in that ToC, either your fph admits it or not, he wasnt clearly the top dog there. Someone have clearly gave up the spirit of the good fight for the dry result there - its poor sportsmanship, any angle youre looking it from. Another thing i got distracted by feelings and made an insane mistake, but that was my fault. Any ways, if you find the Spitfire to be difficult, you have serious problems. Idc, fly it if you want, im not paying your account, but its just super easy mode, what ever you say.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:46:12 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 06:39:18 AM »
Fine. You killed Vinky. And? Stating it twenty more times makes you feel better? IkilledVinkyIkilledVinkyIkill edVinky... etc Dafuq cares? What do you want to prove with this? Interesting enough, you werent posting it on the BBS when i killed you 8 times on a single sortie, same plane 1v1s. Nor did i. Why? Cuz i dont want to make you look worse (any worse? huh) also i dont need to prove anything. Gotcha? Childish stuff, my cartoon peebody is bigger than yours, etc, sillyness, and is not for a conversation between grown men.

And i demand you to stop this fph suckyness immediately. The spit8 is ridiculously easy to fly, even if i dont know how to get the most out of it. My plane is an other one, and betcha, you cant even get close to me in that one. Nor your fph can. Some fishy stuff happened in that ToC, either your fph admits it or not, he wasnt clearly the top dog there. Someone have clearly gave up the spirit of the good fight for the dry result there - its poor sportsmanship, any angle youre looking it from. Another thing i got distracted by feelings and made an insane mistake, but that was my fault. Any ways, if you find the Spitfire to be difficult, you have serious problems. Idc, fly it if you want, im not paying your account, but its just super easy mode, what ever you say.

This is not about shooting Vinky down. :bhead

Fishy stuff? :headscratch:
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 06:55:27 AM by Midway »