Author Topic: Its been terrible lately  (Read 2153 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Its been terrible lately
« on: June 09, 2013, 02:16:51 PM »
two weeks ago I was grumbling about my mother in law and my wifes sister coming down to visit. Work was picking up big time and I had really no time off to spare. My wife and her sister are both RN's, her sister working for a large hospital in minnesota, and my wife was about to start one here in Florida. However me being stressed out lately with work and everything else, my wife didn't tell me about an infection she had. While down here, she mentioned to her mother who rushed her to a walk in clinic - I agreed and thought nothing of it. I get a call few hours later that my wife ended up in the ER. When it rains it pours - when all the scans came back and tests, It turns out she has Stage IV breast cancer, and it has spread some to her lungs. Some know, I just recently got married to her in Feb, after years of joking I'd never get married we finally tied the knot.

Her first round of Chemo wasn't good, as expected it took a day for the side effect to kick in, but otherwise she's a strong woman even at 105lbs. I've been a total wreck for the past two weeks and lost all interest in everything except making her better and even then im powerless to do so.
She's only 32 years old, I haven't thought nothing of it only because I've always been strong as an ox and only once a year I get tested - even then I don't have insurance because frankly i'm in the middle when it comes to money (I make enough but not enough to get anything decent).

I just want everyone to not be caught in the position I was in, I thought everything was fantastic up till now, to be crushed by this terrible disease its certainly changed me. Thanks Del, Strokes and Unclkurt.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Its been terrible lately
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 02:19:32 PM »
I am so sorry to hear that, Butcher.

I hope she beats it and that you have long lives together.  I wish that there was something more I could do.

<S>
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 02:28:45 PM »
damn......I am very sorry to hear this......

I am at a loss for words....

Stay strong :salute

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »
Sorry to hear of the struggle, Butcher. Here's praying the Lord will heal her, and allow you both to grow old together. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 02:37:26 PM »
 :pray hope every thing turns out ok
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline blkblade

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2013, 02:37:45 PM »
So sorry Butcher.
Thinking about you and yours.
I have reason to believe the squirrels are mocking me.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 02:53:17 PM »
So sorry to hear this brother, prayin' for ya :salute :pray
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
That's just awful Butcher. I thought the post was going to be about flying and wish it was.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2013, 02:59:44 PM »
Very, very sorry to hear about this Butcher! My thoughts and prayers to you and your family right now.
<S>
Carver
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline The Vowel Of Doom!

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2013, 03:11:57 PM »
Had a scare with my wife recently but it ended up a false alarm. Even so I was like you, a nervous wreck until we got good news. I hope you both have some soon sir.
My very best wishes for you both Butcher.                                     Donnie

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »
So very sorry.  Thoughts and prayers.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
i sincerely hope your wife pulls through and the two of you get a chance to grow old together. though you may feel like you are, you're far from powerless. just keep doing what you have been doing for her.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2013, 04:50:04 PM »
Sorry to heat it sir! If you ever need to talk , Just pm me and Ill give you the digits.. We are a close family here in spite of the Bs .. Prayers headed your way .
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2013, 05:07:12 PM »
Thoughts, and Hope for you.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 05:10:00 PM »
two weeks ago I was grumbling about my mother in law and my wifes sister coming down to visit. Work was picking up big time and I had really no time off to spare. My wife and her sister are both RN's, her sister working for a large hospital in minnesota, and my wife was about to start one here in Florida. However me being stressed out lately with work and everything else, my wife didn't tell me about an infection she had. While down here, she mentioned to her mother who rushed her to a walk in clinic - I agreed and thought nothing of it. I get a call few hours later that my wife ended up in the ER. When it rains it pours - when all the scans came back and tests, It turns out she has Stage IV breast cancer, and it has spread some to her lungs. Some know, I just recently got married to her in Feb, after years of joking I'd never get married we finally tied the knot.

Her first round of Chemo wasn't good, as expected it took a day for the side effect to kick in, but otherwise she's a strong woman even at 105lbs. I've been a total wreck for the past two weeks and lost all interest in everything except making her better and even then im powerless to do so.
She's only 32 years old, I haven't thought nothing of it only because I've always been strong as an ox and only once a year I get tested - even then I don't have insurance because frankly i'm in the middle when it comes to money (I make enough but not enough to get anything decent).

I just want everyone to not be caught in the position I was in, I thought everything was fantastic up till now, to be crushed by this terrible disease its certainly changed me. Thanks Del, Strokes and Unclkurt.
:airplane: :angel: My thoughts and PRAYERS are with you sir!!!
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!