Author Topic: SweetFX Injector for AH  (Read 6816 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: SweetFX Injector for AH
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 07:37:31 AM »
Except my video card (like I already said) isn't even at its full potential while playing AH...not to mention its a 1GB model from two years ago...2GB is the norm now and plenty of cards even have 3 or 4GB. More than enough for some higher resolution plane textures or damage effects. And the hi res pack is already optional, why not make an even higher res pack that's (ding ding ding) also optional.
what max texture size are you using? and what utility are you using to determine video card memory usage and gpu load while running ah? i use gpu-z just because i'm not really worried about my video card resource usage and it's very lightweight. however, using 2048 textures and the hi-res pack, 1 step of aa, no shadows, no weapons effects, no environment (reflections), detailed water and terrain, bump map my plane and terrain...gpu-z shows my video card memory usage at 340MB in tower f3 mode. get into a crowd low to the ground where gv's show icons, and it has gotten to 700+MB. my current video card is a 2GB radeon 6950, i can't imagine that you're using very hight graphics settings with a 1GB video card.

The classic use of injectors to cheat would be the wall-hack. I.e. removing/making transparent the walls in a first-person shooter so you can see the enemy through walls. In AH injectors could potentially be used to remove most of the cockpit and turn every enemy plane glowing red so they can be spotted/tracked easier. Remember that the game doesn't actually render anything itself, it just instructs directX what to render, so for example object occlusion and sorting is performed by directX, not the game itself.

Aimbot and just about all other cheats use this technology to intercept directX commands. A lot of work is being done by the gaming industry to combat it, so it is far from safe to use it for even benign purposes like this FX injector.
those injectors hooked into specific game files that allow the things they allow. according to this post on overclock.net, there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about since it's not hooking into game files.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1296721/how-to-anti-aliasing-injection-fxaa-smaa-and-sweetfx
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 09:02:22 AM »
what is the point if people like you who "have the system" wont run it.

semp

Why wouldn't I run it... :lol  :huh? "Hmm..I just bought a $1000 PC, let's go play Farmville."

what max texture size are you using? and what utility are you using to determine video card memory usage and gpu load while running ah? i use gpu-z just because i'm not really worried about my video card resource usage and it's very lightweight. however, using 2048 textures and the hi-res pack, 1 step of aa, no shadows, no weapons effects, no environment (reflections), detailed water and terrain, bump map my plane and terrain...gpu-z shows my video card memory usage at 340MB in tower f3 mode. get into a crowd low to the ground where gv's show icons, and it has gotten to 700+MB. my current video card is a 2GB radeon 6950, i can't imagine that you're using very hight graphics settings with a 1GB video card.

I use the hi res textures and set it to 2048. Max resolution, no AA (though I force AA through the SweetFX injector if that counts). Flying with the current settings. And I use MSI Afterburner to monitor AH. For some reason, AH doesn't show the on screen display in game so I had to alt tab out after sitting in TT.

GPU usage is the first graph on the left, it stayed constant at 30%, going into big (BIG) furballs raise it up to 40-50%. The sudden drop in usage is after I had alt tab out.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 09:04:46 AM by titanic3 »

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 09:27:51 AM »
those injectors hooked into specific game files that allow the things they allow. according to this post on overclock.net, there doesn't seem to be anything to worry about since it's not hooking into game files.

No they don't "hook" into any game files. They don't modify the game itself in any way. They modify the communication between the game program and the GFX renderer (directX). A third-party program analyses the communication and identifies the targeted object by polygon count or textures and then modify them before passing the commands on to the renderer.

In this case it is being used for benign purposes by modifying the directX calls to make things prettier. However it uses the same "underhanded" methods to do so and thus I wouldn't use it on a online game, because it might trigger anti-cheating measures.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 09:33:29 AM »
No they don't "hook" into any game files. They don't modify the game itself in any way. They modify the communication between the game program and the GFX renderer (directX). A third-party program analyses the communication and identifies the targeted object by polygon count or textures and then modify them before passing the commands on to the renderer.

In this case it is being used for benign purposes by modifying the directX calls to make things prettier. However it uses the same "underhanded" methods to do so and thus I wouldn't use it on a online game, because it might trigger anti-cheating measures.
if you say so...might want to catch up with the times.
jarhed  

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 09:38:20 AM »
Its just not only about you, he jumps to the throat of anyone criticizing the game

Geez. Here:

:lol

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2013, 09:39:59 AM »
I use the hi res textures and set it to 2048. Max resolution, no AA (though I force AA through the SweetFX injector if that counts). Flying with the current settings. And I use MSI Afterburner to monitor AH. For some reason, AH doesn't show the on screen display in game so I had to alt tab out after sitting in TT.

(Image removed from quote.)

GPU usage is the first graph on the left, it stayed constant at 30%, going into big (BIG) furballs raise it up to 40-50%. The sudden drop in usage is after I had alt tab out.
you do know ah uses more cpu than gpu right? what is afterburner showing for graphics memory usage?
jarhed  

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2013, 09:54:09 AM »
Some game companies like DICE (Battlefield series) have approved the use of some benign injectors (like the FXAA injector which was banned earlier), but at the very least you should check with support for your game before starting to use injectors. At least a couple of months ago using sweetFX would get you this in BF3:

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'digiqrcz' (for 2 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: dxgi.dll (len=2048)"
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
you do know ah uses more cpu than gpu right? what is afterburner showing for graphics memory usage?

I do know that, I even made a post about the whole thing a while ago too.

Memory usage stays at 190-200. Basically the same if I left it on desktop. Looking at the 2 graphs above it, you can see where I alt tabbed out. The max it hit was 371MB. Which leaves PLENTY of room for higher usage.

semp

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2013, 10:13:36 AM »
Why wouldn't I run it... :lol  :huh? "Hmm..I just bought a $1000 PC, let's go play Farmville."

you are still not using full settings.  set all sliders to max. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »
Some game companies like DICE (Battlefield series) have approved the use of some benign injectors (like the FXAA injector which was banned earlier), but at the very least you should check with support for your game before starting to use injectors. At least a couple of months ago using sweetFX would get you this in BF3:

"Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'digiqrcz' (for 2 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: dxgi.dll (len=2048)"

It would be nice if punkbuster actually worked.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
It would be nice if punkbuster actually worked.
like anti-virus it's only as effective as what's been found and tested against. it is effective against known codes but, it does not include stuff that has been kept private or only distributed between people who trust each other.
jarhed  

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2013, 11:16:19 AM »

you are still not using full settings.  set all sliders to max. 

semp

What for? When the benefits for the FPS loss is not worth it? Increasing the environmental map slider affects virtually nothing that's noticeable when you're zooming by at 300mph. Same for bump map others and bump map buildings. However, if were to have a higher res option for plane textures, ground, and weapon effects, why wouldn't you use it? Because then the visual vs performance cost is actually worth it.

semp

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2013, 11:24:06 AM »
like anti-virus it's only as effective as what's been found and tested against. it is effective against known codes but, it does not include stuff that has been kept private or only distributed between people who trust each other.

If it was only that... but the sad reality is that commercial cheats walz around it all the time. Any kid with 50-100 bucks can buy an account for cheats. I play BF3 much more than I play AH2 currently and every day I run into varying degrees of cheaters. Wallhacks, norecoil, aim assist or (the dumbest few) use a full-on aimbot headshotting everyone. Yesterday some polish guy got banned from a server after running the aimbot for 80 kills - DICE most likely will do nothing about it. The only reasonable treatment would be ban for life - but since DICE has made a decision that they need cheaters money more than mine I've also decided that I'll never buy a game from them again.

Wouldn't even buy BF3 unless I got it on 50% discount.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2013, 11:35:02 AM »
you really don't know much about punkbuster or the punksbusted network do you? i know how it works and i've seen the database of "shame". they generally ban the keycode for the game, but it's fairly easy to get another key code. before i quit playing fps games i turned in a good number of cheats that got put into the database and are now blocked. the real problem is that the game companies continue to leave things open (ea is the worst) and any script kiddie in high school can figure out how to code exploits, and like virus coders they can stay ahead of the anti-whatever.
jarhed  

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2013, 11:46:31 AM »
you really don't know much about punkbuster or the punksbusted network do you? i know how it works and i've seen the database of "shame". they generally ban the keycode for the game, but it's fairly easy to get another key code. before i quit playing fps games i turned in a good number of cheats that got put into the database and are now blocked. the real problem is that the game companies continue to leave things open (ea is the worst) and any script kiddie in high school can figure out how to code exploits, and like virus coders they can stay ahead of the anti-whatever.

I know enough to see that punkbuster leaks like a siphon. Daily occurrence of hacks on BF3 is all I really need to know. The people who hack use most likely pirated clients so they don't even care about a single key getting banned.