Author Topic: Reasonable proposals for a better AH  (Read 10707 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Reasonable proposals for a better AH
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 10:27:32 AM »
Must resist the bait....don't look at the lure... :lol

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 10:29:45 AM »
Great post. Guys. I think he is trying to say its a game. Chillout and have fun already.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 10:30:20 AM »
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.
- WWI
:aok :aok :aok :aok :aok

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »
- Get rid of the vehicles. It's a FLIGHT SIM for god's sake!
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WAR
- Fix the .50 cal guns!
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be here
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programming
- Tanks are no AA vehicles. Tank rounds should not damage planes at all!
- Fuel burn should always be 1.0
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!

(Image removed from quote.)

- While I am not 21 years old yet, I think that age is a bit absurd. It isn't like we are going to play the game and go drive and not be safe driving. The legal age for drinking in America is 21, with standards so high it just makes teens want to drink that much more. Whilst the age is younger in other countries it isn't here. So taking a video game away from the kids who actually stay away from drinking with this game would just be dumb. How would you monitor this anyways?

[ Scenario ] :
 SYSTEM: Ohhh my , he isn't 21 !!! Everyone report him. ( MASS REPORTfrom AHII Players )
 Pyro : Fixed he is now banned
 SYSTEM : Ohhh Another One !! Report Him  { 10 - 20 minutes later }
 Pyro : Fixed he is now banned

I am sure Pyro or Skuzzy would get tired of banning those who aren't 21. It would DEFINITELY just make squeekers, if anything, not talk on range vox but on a vox with friends they could trust. There are a lot of squeekers that don't talk on range for that reason, because of the insane amount of rude people who chew them out for giving a simple 6 call to help a comrade. I know when I was 13 and flying the game there was a vox JUST for squeekers and there were maybe 9-10 of us on a vox at once. Hell, we felt at home with each other because we didn't have to worry about getting yelled at by some old fart who doesn't have a wife so he plays the game all day and gets angry when a kid is on and not in school because it is "squeeker" season.

Get over yourself, let kids play. Just because everyone doesn't wish to be miserable whilst you are doesn't mean you have to take it out on the kids of game.

(I am 18 just in case you were wondering)

- Limiting one to a specific force, Allied or Axis wouldn't exactly be a smart decision either. I don't know the ratio of Axis to Allied pilots but I am guessing that the Allied out weigh the Axis because the Allied have the easiest planes to fly for ex. Spitfire , P51 , Hurri2 , etc. etc. While Axis is a harder plane set to use and Axis would have the only jet. Just wouldn't seem exactly fair.

- Why stop people from switching countries? What if someone has friends or family on a different country and they wish to fly with them for the day or even the evening. The 12 hour thing suck but if you really want to fly with a friend or family member then feel free to switch but you are forced to stay with that country all day.

- $50 is outrageous, this isn't an xbox game. Not even close. The graphics of the game don't even deserve $50. I run War Thunder full graphics for FREE up to Tier 8 and the graphics in that game are just plain godly compared to Aces High. The flight model of Aces High II may be worth a little more than $15 a month but the graphics are holding the game back.

Those are the only really major things I had a problem with in the post, I am not the GOD of AH but just feel like you should maybe reset your standards.
Top Gun

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 10:45:27 AM »
- While I am not 21 years old yet, I think that age is a bit absurd.
 <big snip>

............................ aaaaaannnnnd sinker :x
Ludere Vincere

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »
- don't let Germans try and have a sense of humour.   

I am German and gorgeous  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »
............................ aaaaaannnnnd sinker :x

Holy cow.. I think Lusche will need the biggest test available to land that one..

:rofl

Good one, Gastropod!
 :aok
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »
I never want to hear another complaint about my thread after reading this.

$50 a month? LOL. The reason us successful few have the money we do is because we know how to manage it, barter, and save. I won't spend a penny more if the price per month goes up. If I see an increase of 1 single penny, I am out of here.

Hail teh Grayclit!
Lighten up Francis

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 11:49:38 AM »
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WAR
- Fix the .50 cal guns!
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be here
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programming
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!

My guess is if these were to be , then you would probably be the only one in said game !!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2013, 11:57:01 AM »
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the .50 cal guns!

:airplane:
 :eek:
 :aok

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 12:16:14 PM »
Must resist the bait....don't look at the lure... Hehe!
Shiny, so very shiny....
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:36 PM »
WTG Looosh!  This thread made my day.  :rofl
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 12:30:22 PM »
RAISE THE GOD DANM PRICE NOW HTC NOW NOW
bahahahahaha :rofl
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 12:32:13 PM »
HAIL  :salute

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 01:03:41 PM »
Lusche has some points.

The mass report game still exists.  People twist what you text or say so they can mass report others on a friday/weekend and people can't get it reversed from Skuzzy as an invalid report until you call him on Monday. 

THAT needs to be eliminated.  For Pete's Sake get some more volunteers who have a skin thicker that .005 mylar to be the moderators instead of letting the psychos run the asylum. 

The general public doesn't know their backside from a hole in the ground...so why put the Regular Joe on the street (simply put: the regular players) in the reporting driver seat?   :rolleyes:

Stop letting people use the mass report as a weapon.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese