Author Topic: Reasonable proposals for a better AH  (Read 10719 times)

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Re: Reasonable proposals for a better AH
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2013, 08:01:08 PM »
We need hot air balloon duels! :old: :joystick:
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Isolate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2013, 11:19:10 PM »
The one thing that would overwhelming change my AH experience is if the chat channels were not full of ego/trash talking/negativity.  It's a small game, and in small games the community makes a huge impact on the impressions that new and returning players get.  Right now, most nights, that is a pretty poor impression.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2013, 11:22:21 PM »
- Get rid of the vehicles. It's a FLIGHT SIM for god's sake!
- Fix the cannons!
- Fix the bombers. Remove the drones .. ONE MAN ONE PLANE.  And force them to fly at historical speeds. Take away the EZ mode bombsight. They shouldn't be able to hit anything smaller than a city from 30K feet JUST LIKE IN REAL WAR
- Fix the .50 cal guns!
- Delete the ability to switch countries or to "chat" with the enemy. That's just wrong.  Did you ever hear about brave American pilots to fly for the US today and the Nazis tomorrow? That's treason in real life, son, and so it should be here
- Where there "rooks" or "knights" in WWII? No, it was Allies vs Axis. The current "countries" are a travesty, make it like the REAL THING - Axis vs Allies, and with a rolling plane set.
- Get the dam collisions right. BOTH have to take damage, just like in real life. Don't tell me about "lag", that's just an excuse for crappy programming
- Tanks are no AA vehicles. Tank rounds should not damage planes at all!
- Fuel burn should always be 1.0
- Get the price up, to at least 50$. Preferably more.  HTC will make more money while the riff raff will be driven away. Those skilless foulmouthed welfare people are very detriment to the game, a higher percentage of successful upper class people will bring back class to the game as well.
- WWII planes had no neaon signs hover above them! NO icons and NO inflight dar! If you wanna have dar, have someone sitting in tower and give you updates.
- Fix the Spixteen and the magic Brewster! They are a parody of the real planes, they should not be able to accelerate to 400mph while going straight up!
- PERK everything but a few ENY 40 planes. Wanna fly something better than a P-40C? EARN IT!
- Killshooter is retarded. There was friendly fire in WW2, so it should be here. This one should definitely improve combat!
- B-25's did take off from CV's and B-29's did carry atomic bombs! So they should do both in this WW2 SIMULAtION as well!
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
- Stop the silly filtering and moderation. it's a COMBAT game, and men in combat ain't polite all the time. If you can't bear it, go play some FB farm games, you %!!&§&%" ! Toughen up!

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl  :aok

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »
You of course forgot to address Hoing, obviously never done in historically. 
- Bullet proof tanks.  It is unbelievable that a M475 can shoot a tiger2 like 50 times! and does not destroy it.  Absolute nonsense! I saw a picture of a tiger2 knocked out on the internet.
- All German planes are under modeled. It's true! Someone told me on ch200 that HTC hates german planes and under modeled all of them. Again totally true, I got shot down while flying a FW190A8, never would have happened if the plane performed like it should.
- The sun is too bright!  That needs an immediate fix.  When I look into the sun it is really bright and makes it hard to see stuff.  Totally over modeled.
- Which is why we need night time! No Mr. Sun to get in the way!  Totally historical too. There WAS nighttime back in WWII.  Sure everyone would get frustrated and log off, but again this isn't a game it is a simulation! Fun has nothing to do with it.
- Fires should never destroy an aircraft.  I saw it in the movie "Memphis Belle" which is totally a documentary and nota Warner Bro's hollywood film.  They dove a B17 to put out a fire.  It worked there and it should work here. Every. Single. Time.
- Rearming an airplane should also repair the plane.  Here is irrefutable proof of that. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duct_tape
- Aircraft should experience in flight mechanical problems. Totally historical.  I want to know that when I up a perked plane (especially a 262 with those all so crazy turbojets)  That at ANY time something could go wrong. That added realism will really make me more worried about flying into enemy territory, Which again is 100% accurate to history.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
Whoops!!! Got a few stares from laughing at mcdonalds :rofl
 :aok

You also forgot that P51's are invinable, and advanced ACM is cheating

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline RumbleB

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »
Rename game to point out that it's a War game and stop confusing poker players.

How about War thunder High or World of War With Airplanes in the sky shooting at eachother for the glory of 3 pretend nations

Offline TopGear

• Copper Member
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
We need hot air balloon duels! :old: :joystick:

The amount of hot air in some posts lately, we shouldn't have too much trouble filling the balloons.   :banana:

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2013, 11:12:45 AM »
Quote from: Duche
- BAN squeakers. This is an ADULT game. No one under 21 has any business being here.
i became a war vet at the young age of 18.  Old enough to die for my country, old enough to fight for it too. So you're saying at that 18 year olds are not mature enough for this game?

Point in fact my great uncle died on a Corvette that was torpedoed by a U-Boat.  He was 15 - lied about his age to serve with his brother (my grandfather). So young players can't play because they're not mature enough for you?

So Fester, i could say go stuff yourself with your Machiavellian ideas, but no.  I have a better idea - War Thunder has no vehicles. Right up your alley and players cannot smack-talk from the other side. That's your game. Not Ace High.  And I've think you've outgrown us. Time to move on.
 :old:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 11:19:22 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »
 :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
With a single hand I would sign the statement lusche made about improving the game. All, except the trash about the Brewster. One thing that I always have been ashamed to tell a potential new comers is the fact that this is not an actual WWII game. No. Its a kind of a mashup. Very gently I have always had to tell my friends that all countries have the same plane setups. And after that, tried to explain it off - as why it doesnt really matter.

well... it does. That is, I believe, the single most essential point of a fact that keeps the history enthusiasts away from this game (and playing most likely IL-2 with its marvelous mods). I have fought many battles against IL-2 gamers in some of our meetings, and this has always been the point I can not argue against. But my last argument is always that there are this things called scenarios!

Thank god.
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2013, 12:20:37 PM »
I think some of y'all's headsets are on to tight.  Lusche is joking, it's all the things people complain about in game and on the BBS.  He put a fun spin on it, that's all no need to get all hot and bothered.

Lusche,

Next time I go deep sea fishing, I'm bringing you along! :D

Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »
With a single hand I would sign the statement lusche made about improving the game. All, except the trash about the Brewster. One thing that I always have been ashamed to tell a potential new comers is the fact that this is not an actual WWII game. No. Its a kind of a mashup. Very gently I have always had to tell my friends that all countries have the same plane setups. And after that, tried to explain it off - as why it doesnt really matter.

well... it does. That is, I believe, the single most essential point of a fact that keeps the history enthusiasts away from this game (and playing most likely IL-2 with its marvelous mods). I have fought many battles against IL-2 gamers in some of our meetings, and this has always been the point I can not argue against. But my last argument is always that there are this things called scenarios!

Thank god.
The problem with doing Axis vs Allies in sandbox game is that people will sometimes just switch to the side with the best plane at a given time if in a rolling planeset or in a static planeset, particularly a 1945 one, they favor the side likely to win, which means the Allies due to their better offensive power.  The only way you can avoid that is by fantasy adjustments unit abilities or by adding historically less significant or almost made it units to one side or the other such as the M-26 Pershing for the Allies and the He177A-5 and G8N 'Rita' for the Axis.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2013, 04:39:18 PM »
Anyone arguing about being a history enthusiast should check out AH scenarios.  Please have your Il-2 buddies look at the pictorials here:

http://electraforge.com/brooke/flightsims/scenarios/scenarios.html

Offline Paladin3

• Copper Member
« Reply #88 on: June 24, 2013, 03:06:41 PM »
My initial comment... No one under 21? Men and women serve and fight in the military at 18...

Some of the others I like, some not so much... No in flight dar... Hrmmm I like it I think.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #89 on: June 24, 2013, 04:14:30 PM »
Lusche proudly showing off his catch.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song