Author Topic: OMG, look at the front page  (Read 13386 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: OMG, look at the front page
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2013, 10:59:56 AM »
wish granted...you can now go to warthunder or world of warplanes and enjoy the "awesome graphics" without being held back by the view distance or the flight model.

Slightly less than three quarters of a score years ago, HTC brought forth on the internet, a new WWII combat flight sim, conceived in awesomeness, and dedicated to the proposition that graphics are the Ace of Spades in any online game. 

Now we are engaged in a great fuss war, testing whether that game, or any game so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure not having photo realistic graphics. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who quit the game because their minds weren't graphically stimulated.  It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate—we cannot consecrate—we cannot hallow—this ground.  The graphics engine wouldn't allow any immersion anyway. The brave men, active and inactive, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the active player, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished graphical work which they who fussed here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored inactive pilots we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here get true high resolution gameplay, that these inactive shall not have fussed in vain—that this game, under Dale, shall have a new birth of graphical awesomeness— and that HTC, shall not perish from the internet.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2013, 11:16:01 AM »
I think we have what is essential. There are plenty of eye candy games available.

The graphical tree of online gaming must be refreshed from time to time with the realistic looking blood of gamers and developers.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Flight Sims long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that flight sim enthusiasts  are more disposed to suffer, while graphics are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the blocky forms and unrealistic terrains to which they are accustomed.

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2013, 11:21:41 AM »
The graphical tree of online gaming must be refreshed from time to time with the realistic looking blood of gamers and developers.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Flight Sims long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that flight sim enthusiasts  are more disposed to suffer, while graphics are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the blocky forms and unrealistic terrains to which they are accustomed.

Have you been drinking with Bustr Triton?  :old:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2013, 11:28:16 AM »
Have you been drinking with Bustr Triton?  :old:

:rofl

I am but a humble reporter of the epic struggle before us.   :old:

-AoM-

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #229 on: July 02, 2013, 11:48:08 AM »

Does this mean I can have the Pershing?
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #230 on: July 02, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Does this mean I can have the Pershing?

That particular Pershing?

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #231 on: July 02, 2013, 11:56:30 AM »
I'd rather have the fantastic flight model and lots of interesting toy planes than photorealistic landscapes myself. My flying started some time ago as a space pilot in the wireframe universe which was Elite on the BBC Model B, so AH looks brilliant to me. As long as I pretty well know where the ground is and have the good sense to fly in the other direction, I'm happy.  :banana:

Elite II on Atari ST is to blame for my lack of life <3

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #232 on: July 02, 2013, 11:57:17 AM »
That particular Pershing?

World War 2 period Pershing. :)
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #233 on: July 02, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »
World War 2 period Pershing. :)

That one?  :)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #234 on: July 02, 2013, 12:46:40 PM »
That one?  :)
No no no no :old:
He means the other one :neener:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: July 02, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »
I don't think I would rewrite Abraham Lincoln or Payne. Maybe Robespierre, Locke, or de Tocqueville. Certainty Trudeau and Bill the Cat along with all the hairy fish nuts salted with Billy and the Boingers lyrics.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: July 02, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
I don't think I would rewrite Abraham Lincoln or Payne. Maybe Robespierre, Locke, or de Tocqueville. Certainty Trudeau and Bill the Cat along with all the hairy fish nuts salted with Billy and the Boingers lyrics.
ya i agree, you're too long winded and prone to off target tangents...song lyrics would be better suited for you.  :neener:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #237 on: July 02, 2013, 02:06:17 PM »

Actually Von Clausewitz would be much more apropo.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #238 on: July 02, 2013, 02:10:53 PM »
is it just me or has anyone else ever wondered if Bustr has been highlighted on an episode of Doomsday Preppers???
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #239 on: July 02, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »
That's ok, if it were this easy, we wouldn't need lawyers to screw us on this rock, or rocket scientists to get us off this rock. More often I just see more connections relevant to the subject. I miss the PBS series "Connections".

So we got our modern hoe for gardening from a British lawyer and agriculturalist in the 1700's named "Jethro Tull". The modern pop band "Jethro Tull" often themed songs about old agrarian practices and myths. Song lyrics Gyrene need some kind of source or inspiration. Connections........nothing truly exists alone.

As in your case the uncomfortable origin of the term leatherneck turned into a badge of honor. How's Chesty doing guarding those heavenly streets........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.