Author Topic: What will the perk cost be for this tank?  (Read 3723 times)

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: What will the perk cost be for this tank?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2013, 07:25:57 PM »
Alot of players forget that it's important to rotate your tanks front armor to point at your enemy :old:

Oh gawd yes they do. 
Strangely it is also these folks who are the most vocal on 200 about how they hit so and so a dozen times and that so and so one shoted them :rolleyes:

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2013, 07:55:40 PM »
evolution of the tank game???? It's the same one we have had for 12 years.  New toys same sand box....boring!
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:11 PM »
evolution of the tank game???? It's the same one we have had for 12 years.  New toys same sand box....boring!

and yet for some reason you are still around :).

as for the tank, it has frontal armor but from the front or rear, well, let's just say my il2 is gonna be happy :banana: :banana:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
I'm guessing between 75 and 100 perks when the ENY is 1.0.

I meant to say when the perk bonus or perk value was at 1.0
The Jagdpanther has a Tiger 2 gun. That is pretty deadly.
I would imagine it will be used for base defense and if there is an area without cover
You will see one up on the hill shooting at you from 3-4 thousand yards.
No one is going to kill it from long range, unless they have a Tiger 2. Low profile and angled armor makes it pretty tough.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:12 PM »
and yet for some reason you are still around :).

as for the tank, it has frontal armor but from the front or rear, well, let's just say my il2 is gonna be happy :banana: :banana:.

semp

Hell, could probably take em with the 39's with not too much trouble. :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 01:59:56 AM »
Anyone else love how pessimistic Butcher is? I wonder if he does that so he always gets better than he expected  :neener:.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Stellaris

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 12:02:53 PM »
Historically this non-turrreted heavy-armour tracked AFV format fell into either the assault gun or tank-hunter (panzerjaeger) category.  Assault guns mounted large calibre howitzer type weapons for close range assault on heavily bunkered fixed defences, the ultimate type being the Sturmtiger which mounted a 12" rocket projector.  Panzerjaeger mounted large high-velocity AT weapons and were used defensively as highly mobile and well protected anti-tank guns, the ultimate type being the Jagdtiger with the 128mm AT gun.  Of course in practice there's considerable overlap, as a big HE shell is decently effective as an anti-tank weapon, and a big AT cannon can also fire a hefty HE shell.  In general they're effective anywhere you have a good idea where the enemy is, or is going to be.  In more fluid operations, you want a tank with a turret that can quickly engage targets in any direction.

How that plays out in game Ihave no idea, I never drive tanks...

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
gonna be some serious spawn camping going on. should be easy cannon fodder for some of the tank killer birds. pivoting is going to be slow and ugly...

Good point; I didn't think of that first one - dead meat if spawn camped.  

Additionally, I would think they will be easier to kill from the air, due to relatively thinner side armor, and lesser AA capability.  (As we all know, in-game it is quite possible for a turreted tank to hit a plane which comes straight in at a low angle, which about half of them do).  The new TDs will also not be able to shoot effectively on the move, or fight at close quarters.  Since I get most of my kills using lower-velocity guns against targets shot at from the side, the lack of a turret will make such attacks much safer for me, even if their engine is on (in which case they won't hear me).  Also, they won’t in general be able to fire when hull-down, and the gun depression may not allow them to go even partially hull-down, meaning that the entire vehicle will need to be exposed.  

I’d say:
Jagdpanther:  Perked as Panther (better gun, but everything else worse).  
Jagdpanzer IV:  As Panzer IVH (ditto).
Hetzer:  As Panzer IVF (ditto).

MH
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:30:51 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 04:52:48 PM »
Anyone else love how pessimistic Butcher is? I wonder if he does that so he always gets better than he expected  :neener:.

You figured me out, by putting the bar so high I hope it is dropped enough I can afford to lose a few:)
JG 52

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 04:57:01 PM »
Anyone got a good source with the stats on this tank, particularly top speed and acceleration, angle of fire (up, down, L and R), and how fast it can turn at 0 speed with its tracks?

It's has an awesome gun, relatively small chasi/profile, but I don't think it was very fast and with such a big gun on a small chasi I'm assuming it had to have limited traverse.  Upon that assumption, I think it'll be around the price of a tiger I or panther.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 04:58:34 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
Anyone got a good source with the stats on this tank, particularly top speed and acceleration, and angle of fire (up, down, L and R)?

Jagpanther has max gun traverse 11° to left and right each
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
People make a lot of the engine being on or off. In actual use online you turn the engine on when you want to align with a target, and then turn it off. It's the same as a Tiger II in that regard. So for defense it should be the same as a Tiger II, easily out maneuvered and attacked with superior numbers, despite being slightly faster.

This tank is an ambush tank, and an assault tank. Because the tank has a limited traverse it is likely the perk cost will be slightly less than for the Tiger II. The questions I have concern reload times, and elevation of the main gun. The HE rounds are superior to the 75mm of the M4A3, obviously. However, if the reload time defeats the superior power of the gun, then its assault strength is bested by the M4A3-75 (which I have always said is the best artillery tank in AHII - and probably of WWII).

With all of the factors considered you might think (as some have already said) that this tank will be a hangar queen almost immediately, and that HTC is catering to the kiddies and WoT patrons. While I partially agree (the kiddie part at least) I don't agree about the hangar queen status.

Outside of these thoughts I will reserve judgment until the tank is actually in the game.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »
With respect to the Jagdpanther, I got the following from one of my old “Bellona” pamphlets from the 1960s ("Published by Bellona Publications Limited, Hawthorn Hill, Bracknell, Berkshire, England.  Copyright 1968"):

Gun traverse is 11 degrees to each side of center, depression is 8 degrees and elevation is 14 degrees.  

The hull dimensions and armor are similar to the Panther.  The top road speed is also similar to the Panther.  

Ammo supply is 57-60 rounds of 88mm, so less than the Panther's 82 rounds of 75mm.  

MH
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:32:01 PM by TDeacon »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »
People make a lot of the engine being on or off. In actual use online you turn the engine on when you want to align with a target, and then turn it off. It's the same as a Tiger II in that regard. So for defense it should be the same as a Tiger II, easily out maneuvered and attacked with superior numbers, despite being slightly faster.

Actually, in most cases it is better practice to keep the engine on, so that when they get your range you can pull back behind the crest and reposition.  This needs to be done within one of their firing cycles, so engine off would usually be a bad idea once in action.  Engine off is good for ambush and/or listening for attackers, but once someone is shooting at you, best turn it on. 

MH

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2013, 06:16:18 PM »
With respect to the Jagdpanther, I got the following from one of my old “Bellona” pamphlets from the 1970s:

Gun traverse is 11 degrees to each side of center, depression is 8 degrees and elevation is 14 degrees.  

The hull dimensions and armor are similar to the Panther.  The top road speed is also similar to the Panther.  

Ammo supply is 60 rounds, so less than the Panther's 82 rounds. 

MH

Interesting, so it's a panther with a bigger gun and faster rate of fire (and only 22 degrees to aim the gun with)....

Last question, what optics/sight was it standardly equiped with (same as used on the King Tiger)?  
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.