Author Topic: What will the perk cost be for this tank?  (Read 3721 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: What will the perk cost be for this tank?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2013, 07:57:55 PM »
The day this patch is released, I hope Hitech makes Craterma the map so you guys can go to TT and whizz yourselves into a tizzy while all tuned to ch200 to whine at each other. At least you will get to bash each other around the virtual noggins.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2013, 01:11:06 AM »
TT in Crater will be ideal to test out the new rides. The ridge from all three countries will be lined with Jagdpanthers if the perk cost is around 50 perks. The low profiles peaking over the ridge will be hard to hit for medium armor tanks. It will definitely change the way the GV battle is played.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2013, 01:24:30 AM »
Imagine 135 :O
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2013, 08:42:07 AM »
Bring on teh Jagdtiger, 12.8 cm (5 in!) of AT lovin'!

That said, the dang bushes going to be an issue...
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2013, 12:19:27 PM »
The day this patch is released, I hope Hitech makes Craterma the map so you guys can go to TT and whizz yourselves into a tizzy while all tuned to ch200 to whine at each other. At least you will get to bash each other around the virtual noggins.

Since when is rational discussion whining?  If you aren't interested, don't read the thread.

MH

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »
TT in Crater will be ideal to test out the new rides. The ridge from all three countries will be lined with Jagdpanthers if the perk cost is around 50 perks. The low profiles peaking over the ridge will be hard to hit for medium armor tanks. It will definitely change the way the GV battle is played.

:salute

Actually, TT in CraterMA is not all that typical, as it involves 2 distant ridges, with long range vehicles perched on them shooting back and forth.  Getting to one of those ridges without being shot is challenging.  In such a case, the turret-less TDs being discussed would not suffer as much from the lack of a turret.  Thus this is one of the more favorable situations for them, I would say.

MH

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2013, 12:34:09 PM »
Actually, TT in CraterMA is not all that typical, as it involves 2 distant ridges, with long range vehicles perched on them shooting back and forth. 

Indeed.
And if the Jagpanther will not only carry the 88/L71 gun, but also feature a 10x optical sight, it might very well be a 'game changer' for that particular combat, being truly able to "reach out and touch" all across the valley (something I did with the Firefly, which has so far the largest magnification in game at 5x, if I recall correctly)

And, of course, be the prime target for M-18 dashes as well as scores of angry Jabo pilots. ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2013, 01:24:56 PM »

Indeed.
And if the Jagpanther will not only carry the 88/L71 gun, but also feature a 10x optical sight, it might very well be a 'game changer' for that particular combat, being truly able to "reach out and touch" all across the valley (something I did with the Firefly, which has so far the largest magnification in game at 5x, if I recall correctly)

And, of course, be the prime target for M-18 dashes as well as scores of angry Jabo pilots. ;)

and if players are smart they will ALWAYS take a few HE shells to deal with the M18's and other light skinned gv's.  If there is an M18 racing to my flank while I'm in a Jagd I wont be firing AP at it, I'll be firing HE.  All it takes is a near miss and the M18 is dead in it's tracks by virtue of a damaged engine, damaged track, or damage turret.  Matter of fact, I dont use AP vs an M18 (or M8, M3, etc) regardless if it is moving or not.  HE does the trick every time.  But alas, the knuckle-draggers will continue to crawl up to the skirmish line with %100 AP.

The 10X magnification is going to be interesting.  I don't look for the Jagdpanther to be a game changer though, if it can't fire any faster than 6 times a minute AND begin to engage targets at 2000+ yards out, it really offers no more advantage than that of a Tiger, Panther, or Firefly (assuming the perk cost will be LESS than a King Tiger).  A couple of M18's or T34/76's running to the flanks while the MBT's engage from the front and that is all she wrote for the Jagdpanther.  A lot of ground can be covered in 10 seconds by an M18 and T34/76.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2013, 05:19:29 PM »

Indeed.

I don't think the 10x magnification matters much, as I can already hit stationary targets consistently at 4K even with a Panzer (usually from a hill at the longer ranges).  In fact, if I am on a suitable hill, and the target has a suitable visual background, I can hit from beyond 4K, which is beyond the calibration on the Panzer's sight reticle.  If the target is moving or moving evasively, then the 10x matters even less, as hitting will be a matter of luck.

MH
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:46:24 PM by TDeacon »

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »
Tank-Ace,

Although one wouldn't know it from your last iteration of our back-and-forth (where your comments have mostly diverged from the orignally points of discussion), I think I have made my point that the TDs aren't the game changers you originally feared.  I grant you that they will be useful in certain circumstances, and am thrilled that HTC will be including them.  However, I think that examining the entire spectrum of use in a typical GV outing, they will have disadvantages which compensate for the gun, and that therefore a game-cost similar to the equivalent tank will be warranted.  If actual usage shows these initial game-costs to be out of line in either direction, I assume HTC will adjust as usual.    

I'm glad to see you're back in the game as Jager, and we will see how this TD thing turns out.  I am hoping for an SU-100 next.  :-)

MH
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 05:44:39 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »
if it can't fire any faster than 6 times a minute  

Couldn't the roomier casemate of the Jagdpanther mean that the loading may be faster compared to the King Tiger and its less roomy turret? Not that I've ever clocked the loading time of the King Tiger in AH.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2013, 08:24:35 PM »
It would be interesting to see how the gunsight view is modeled. because as you can see the gunsight is not next to the gun its ontop of the superstructure to the left. but all in all i think they will be more then welcome to the game and see more regular use then the kingtiger.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:20 PM »
Couldn't the roomier casemate of the Jagdpanther mean that the loading may be faster compared to the King Tiger and its less roomy turret? Not that I've ever clocked the loading time of the King Tiger in AH.

So far it appears that HTC has taken the better of the printed reload times for most of the tanks.  The Panther is noted for being able to fire 6-10 times a minute and in AH it reloads every 6 seconds (10 shots a min).  The Panzer IV and Tiger both are noted as having the same "6-10 shots per minute" reload times (Pzr IV = 6 sec and Tiger 7 sec reloads times in AH).  The King Tiger reloads in 10 seconds in AH.  Multiple printed sources show the King Tiger to have a "4-6" shots per minute", and HTC has given it the 10 second reload time (6 shots a minute).  I've not ever been able to see the inner workings of a King Tiger or Jagdpanther so I can't comment on ease of reload.  I would like to think that the designers had ease of use in mind when they designed it, but who knows.

This is one of those areas in AH that are ultimately arbitrary.  HTC has to take in to consideration the experience of the crew, the training of the crew, the breech mechanism of the cannon, the length and weight of the ammo, and the location of the ready rounds.  There really is no set reload rate for a tank, it is ultimately based on how fast the loader can grab a new round from the magazine, shove it in to the breech, lock the breech, then yell his "ready" command.  There is video on You Tube showing a Sherman M1A1 firing at a rate of 1 rounds every 3 seconds (on average), yet in AH the M4A3 Sherman reloads at 4 seconds (and no the video was not sped up).      

I wish HTC would not be so set in their ways and once in awhile mix things up.  Why not allow the Panzer IV F to fire at 4 seconds?  Panzer IV H at 5 seconds? T34/85 at 5.5 seconds? I understand it would change the ENY and perk costs when doing so but it don't see a major shift in the Force.  Not every tank crew is going to fire at the same rate.  If the game swings to far in some direction to the point that HTC cant sleep at night then change it back.

Here are the current reload times for the major tanks (longest to shortest):
King Tiger = 10 sec
T34/76 = 9 sec
Firefly = 8 sec
T34/85 = 7.5 sec
Tiger = 7 sec
Panther = 6 sec
Panzer IV F2/H = 6
M18 = 5.4 sec
M4A3/76 = 5.4 sec
Panzer IV F1 = 5
M4A3/75 = 4 sec
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2013, 01:57:56 AM »
moin

About the Perkprices,

i think the Jangdpanther shoundn t be much more expensive as an regular panter, sure it has a biger gun and beter front armor but in standart Aces High use he will be always stand behind a normal Panther Because the only think what mades this weapon awesome is its kind of taktikal use, if you don t use taktiks of an Hunting Tank you  shoul better use a normal tank.

Some guys saying that these tanks are good for spawncaming, but this only at a well placed far away spot. At a nearby spot a hunting tank will be killed much faster as an normal tank.

Best Taktikal situataion for the Jagtpanther in AH would be in attacking a V-field in a wiede open place flanked right and left by panthers. The panthers saving the bellybutton of the Jagdpanther on the way to the field. After geting in Range the Jagdpanther can firer on the spawn hanger and kill king tigers wile the panthers get a foot on the field.

In defence it will be hard, all Kingtiger drivers knew the situations wenn a milion m-18 are huntion your tank, now imagine how this feel if you turret it not moveable?! and your armor is weaker. So the perkprice should be way less of a king tiger and maybe, maybe a pit mor as that from a panther.

i woul prefer the same.

cu christian

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 09:56:08 AM »

I have heard that Trinity is making a return soon...would be fun there as well.  :aok
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works