Author Topic: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!  (Read 8205 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2013, 10:50:55 AM »

quit talkin out yer bazinga.

I've one set of He-111 in the MA since it came out. I've seen maybe 20 Ki-43 (and that's being lenient) in the MA since it came out. I've seen maybe 50 Me-410s since it came out, and I've seen maybe 10 P40s since they were reworked (not counting the day right after where everyone was trying them out), same with the C202/205s.

inb4 Lusche post usage stats. Which pales in comparison to the usual MA planes, 109s, Spits, 190s, P51, Ki84 and P38s.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 10:55:58 AM »
inb4 Lusche post usage stats. Which pales in comparison to the usual MA planes, 109s, Spits, 190s, P51, Ki84 and P38s.

Yak usage will also pale compared to spits, 51s and 38...  If you take these planes as a yardstick to measure on, almost all planes left for addition will "see no usage", just as almost all other planes that are already in game.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2013, 10:57:19 AM »

you'll know that the Yak 3 has a 120 round centerline cannon and twin 50's with 170rpg and this will limit its MA usage  :old:

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2013, 11:01:40 AM »
you'll know that the Yak 3 has a 120 round centerline cannon and twin 50's with 170rpg and this will limit its MA usage  :old:

K4 has 65 rounds, doesn't stop people from using it. I'll fly it as long as its competitive, which on paper it looks like it is.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »
I am weeping at my desk.  Co-workers staring... :cry  Thank you HTC!  Beautiful.  Simply beautiful. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 11:08:13 AM »
K4 has 65 rounds, doesn't stop people from using it. I'll fly it as long as its competitive, which on paper it looks like it is.

well on the paper the yak has ~ the same firing time than a spit 16, so we'll see how it turns out.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 11:10:38 AM »
the way i shoot, the yaks are good for 1/2 a fight and i need to rtb.  :lol 
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 11:23:02 AM »
I find it funny that when everything else was being introduced over a Yak, this would be to page 5 already with complaints.  Now that the Yak 3 and 7B are actually being introduced, the usual complainer's are quite silent. :noid

Also, VERY NICE. :aok  I'll fly them. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 11:26:09 AM »
Thank god they added the Yak-7 as well, or this update would have been delayed for nothing.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 11:29:00 AM »
HnngggGNNGGnngngngNNgngn
kind of surprised/disappointed to not see the Yak 1 on this list but then again you'd think they'd update the Yak 9s too. Maybe we'll see more next week
HngngnnGNNngnng
they want me back
давайте, товарищи...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 11:31:30 AM by Motherland »

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:00 AM »

Yeah, 65 rounds where one will usually kill a fighter. Only fighters I've ever had to hit more than twice: P-47, F6F, 190F-8.

Used properly (and not JUST conservatively), you should run out of fuel before you run out of ammo.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2013, 11:31:23 AM »
Can somebody here or in the A and V forum post about these variants, their strengths and weaknesses etc?  Sort of a run down on armaments, speeds, turn radius/rates, etc of all the new Yaks coming, and how they compare to the current 2 Yaks?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2013, 11:33:12 AM »
Thank god they added the Yak-7 as well, or this update would have been delayed for nothing.

It's quite possible that they will go with what we see, but I'm going to guess that they will be tossing up one more set of pictures for something else. :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline PanosGR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2013, 11:36:31 AM »
Do not fully comprehend. Yak-3 what so special about it? Its nothing more than an inferior Yak-9U

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2013, 11:38:57 AM »
Do not fully comprehend. Yak-3 what so special about it? Its nothing more than an inferior Yak-9U

Exactly  :AOK.