Author Topic: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!  (Read 8292 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2013, 10:19:19 PM »
If the anecdotal stuff we can read about the Yak-3 are what it's like in AH, then this will be one of the most-popular planes.  It might end up being a lot faster than a Spit 16 with better turning ability as well.  If so, maybe it ends up being perked.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2013, 10:24:52 PM »
Happy days are here again!
Thanks HTC!   Yak3 6oclock! :airplane:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2013, 11:20:41 PM »
Arlo, awesome graphical list!  <S>

Please can you add the LaGG-3?   :pray

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »
Arlo,

The problem with lists is that they are so subjective to what the creator thinks is important.  For example, I can think of dozens of aircraft that are higher up the list than the SM.82, including other Italian aircraft.

Also, I am pretty sure the Mosquito Mk XVI is not a fighter.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
Arlo,

The problem with lists is that they are so subjective to what the creator thinks is important.  For example, I can think of dozens of aircraft that are higher up the list than the SM.82, including other Italian aircraft.

Also, I am pretty sure the Mosquito Mk XVI is not a fighter.  :p

Alas, I worked with other players to compile the list. You being one of them. You even saw it's original incarnation. You know, the one that didn't have any U.S., British or German equipment. (Which I was obviously comfortable with.) :)

And don't blame me for the AH aircraft list in it's original format (all blue planes). ;)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2013, 01:01:22 AM »
Alas, I worked with other players to compile the list. You being one of them. You even saw it's original incarnation. You know, the one that didn't have any U.S., British or German equipment. (Which I was obviously comfortable with.) :)

You didn't consult me because there's no Westland Whirlwind on it  :mad:. Surely one of the most popular and positive wishlist threads in the last few years:-

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,313538.0.html

On the last page we even have the original pilots notes.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2013, 01:16:36 AM »
Gixer.   Paging Gixer to general forums please.   There's a relevant game topic that interests you that doesn't necessitate a fuss.   Gixer to general forums please.

:angel:
Oh I'm sure Gixer will find something wrong with the Yaks to fuss about.  ;)
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2013, 01:40:38 AM »
Arlo, awesome!  (Oops -- I forgot to ask for the SB2C. . . .  :uhoh )

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2013, 01:49:05 AM »
You didn't consult me because there's no Westland Whirlwind on it  :mad:. Surely one of the most popular and positive wishlist threads in the last few years:-

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,313538.0.html

On the last page we even have the original pilots notes.

I didn't 'consult' anyone. I posted in the wishlist. Players made suggestions. I made adjustments. You had to be there.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2013, 01:52:44 AM »
Arlo, awesome!  (Oops -- I forgot to ask for the SB2C. . . .  :uhoh )

Honestly, I made compromises and concessions in an attempt to garner support.

But ... this is a really big list. If it wasn't for all the neat surprises HT has been unveiling as of late, I'd say it was asking too much.

Don't wanna appear as one of those 'never satisfied types.

HT, Skuzzy and Pyro are probably laughing at that last sentence.  :lol

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2013, 02:05:05 AM »
 :aok

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2013, 02:15:09 AM »
It's a good list, Arlo.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2013, 02:36:04 AM »
I didn't 'consult' anyone. I posted in the wishlist. Players made suggestions. I made adjustments. You had to be there.  :D

I have been on the wishlist.

Thing is about justifying priorities is that different people have different criteria for wishing for what they want. Historical representation is important certainly, but we aren't a historical re-enactment community (see typical MA gameplay). I'd rather have something odd and fun than something mainstream myself.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2013, 03:54:44 AM »
I have been on the wishlist.

Thing is about justifying priorities is that different people have different criteria for wishing for what they want. Historical representation is important certainly, but we aren't a historical re-enactment community (see typical MA gameplay). I'd rather have something odd and fun than something mainstream myself.

The MA is well taken care of, by and large, but if you'd take a closer look you may notice more than one MA suitable suggestion (A-26, Pe-2, Re-2005, Ki-100 ... ). And it isn't 'historical re-enactment.' That's what the guys who buy Revolutionary War, Civil War and even WWII uniforms do - firing blanks and falling when the script says. This community does it's best to stage 'historical events' where the players may have an impact on the battle. With player counts of up to 300 or so in an FSO frame (a large margin of them forum participants) then you may expect more 'event holes' being plugged by Dale and co. As you've seen, HT isn't adverse to such. By the full list of planes and vehicles modeled so far, it seems he's right at home there. You'd think he was an event player himself over the last couple of decades.  :D

Anyhoo ... that's why I made adjustments based on some of the other player's criteria.

Like I said, you had to be there. Visiting the wishlist and participating in the thread I posted with this chart/list are 2 different things.  :cool:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:56:36 AM by Arlo »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2013, 04:09:32 AM »
I was actually considering quitting again before this announcement. Its not the game as much as Im just not into gaming as much anymore. But the Yak is my favorite plane and I must fly the Yak-3. It true Yak-9U fights against Mustangs and P-47s are often epic. They are very evenly matched. This is going to be a really fine addition.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"