Author Topic: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!  (Read 8291 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2013, 04:13:51 AM »
 :aok

excellent news,  The Yak-3 had a big impact over helping the Russian's gain more aerial superiority.   To hear German claims that they were ordered to flee in sight of this beautiful plane warms my heart a little.   Having seen it beat up Duxford a couple of times you can see how fantastic the climb and handling should be.   

I would say a few degrees slower than a spit 8/9 in a flat turn but the climb/power stats of a KI -84.   It will be uber but the guns will let it down for the average AHer. 

A great addition to the Late war arena! 

Now for the meteor!  :D
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2013, 04:54:01 AM »
Arlo, awesome!  (Oops -- I forgot to ask for the SB2C. . . .  :uhoh )
yes please! :pray
Another bomber to dogfight with :x
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2013, 08:28:42 AM »
Anyhoo ... that's why I made adjustments based on some of the other player's criteria.

Like I said, you had to be there. Visiting the wishlist and participating in the thread I posted with this chart/list are 2 different things.  :cool:

Well that's fine, as long as you aren't claiming your list to be something it isn't.  :D

I am unable to attend special events & I'd still like the Westland Whirlwind added which I'd use in the MA  :cool:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2013, 08:42:58 AM »
Many thanks, Waffle, Greebo, and HTC!   :salute

Yes, thank you.

Future Russian scrap metal is always nice to have  :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2013, 08:51:46 AM »
I would say a few degrees slower than a spit 8/9 in a flat turn but the climb/power stats of a KI -84.

Do you have the full 'LACES OUT' altar dedicated to the Ki-84 at home, or merely a picture of one on your dartboard? You are aware that the Spit 8 out climbs the Ki-84 regardless of altitude? In my opinion clearly out turns it too unless the 84 pilot is skillful enough to survive until he can get its flaps out.

The Yak-3 should be close to the Ki-84 in climb rate but not quite match it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2013, 09:42:42 AM »
Gibberish Shida and you know it!!!!
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2013, 10:33:15 AM »
Dreams really do come true......

First they unperked the spit14 and now they are giving me the yak3. I'll be resubbing soon. See y'all in the unfriendly skies.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2013, 12:02:32 PM »
Do you have the full 'LACES OUT' altar dedicated to the Ki-84 at home, or merely a picture of one on your dartboard? You are aware that the Spit 8 out climbs the Ki-84 regardless of altitude? In my opinion clearly out turns it too unless the 84 pilot is skillful enough to survive until he can get its flaps out.

The Yak-3 should be close to the Ki-84 in climb rate but not quite match it.
:headscratch:

I used it as a comparison for how well this thing should climb.  I have no problem killing Ki-84's or getting kills in it so in answer to your question no I do not.   

Even that plane needs updating.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »
:headscratch:

I used it as a comparison for how well this thing should climb.  I have no problem killing Ki-84's or getting kills in it so in answer to your question no I do not.   

Indeed. So just to clarify for future reference, is it or is it not your position that the Ki-84 is over-modeled?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2013, 12:46:01 PM »
I've one set of He-111 in the MA since it came out. I've seen maybe 20 Ki-43 (and that's being lenient) in the MA since it came out. I've seen maybe 50 Me-410s since it came out, and I've seen maybe 10 P40s since they were reworked (not counting the day right after where everyone was trying them out), same with the C202/205s.

inb4 Lusche post usage stats. Which pales in comparison to the usual MA planes, 109s, Spits, 190s, P51, Ki84 and P38s.
Last night alone I saw 5 KI-43's over the same base.  They are more prevalent that you think.

I will take a 3 out for a spin...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: July 11, 2013, 12:53:18 PM »
I'm curious about this Yak 3.  It's undergunned for my preference, but I find the Yak 9 to be a fairly decent flying plane.  I'll try it out for sure, it might even become a sometimes plane for me.  Definitely looking forward to more depth in scenarios.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: July 11, 2013, 02:14:31 PM »
does the Yak3 have a smaller load out then the 9U?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: July 11, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
does the Yak3 have a smaller load out then the 9U?

INCONTHEEVABLE!  The Yak-9U and its 120 rds of 20mm and 170 rds for each of the two .50 cal MG's were as small as it got.

Can anyone shed some light as to why HTC would go with the -7B?  One would have thought that the -9T, -9U, and -3 would have been the main trio for them to use (1 each = EW, MW, LW).  One source shows the -7B as being the most numerous version built at over 5000, and the charts are showing similar performance to the -9T.  On target with this assessment?

Again, as I compare the -9U and -3 I cant help but think there will be a lot of disappointed people once it arrives.  It does not appear as it offers anything more, at least on paper, than the -9U.  We all know how well the -9U is used in AH.  :aok  It is a great plane but good for little other than in a 1v1 dogfight and that happens oh so very rarely in the MA.  Time will tell.  *shrugs* 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #103 on: July 11, 2013, 04:10:51 PM »

I would love to see the Ki-61 updated first and possibly the additon of a couple of new models.

Very glad to see the new Yaks.  :aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #104 on: July 11, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
The new Yak screenshots look absolutely gorgeous, good job!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:35:15 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.