Author Topic: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!  (Read 8287 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: I'm so flying that Yak!!!!
« Reply #105 on: July 11, 2013, 04:33:48 PM »
So you're saying that when you're flying the new yak, you'd like to spend your time looking down at your big cocker?    :rofl

You know gramps too well.  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #106 on: July 11, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2013, 04:40:17 PM »
Outstanding!  :aok

Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
Can anyone shed some light as to why HTC would go with the -7B?  One would have thought that the -9T, -9U, and -3 would have been the main trio for them to use (1 each = EW, MW, LW).  One source shows the -7B as being the most numerous version built at over 5000, and the charts are showing similar performance to the -9T.  On target with this assessment?

The 7b does give a scenario life of Stalingrad thru to Kursk and in a minority role in Bagration. Its contempory the Yak1 (105PF) had similar performance but a load out of 1x20 + 1x12.7. The 7b carries the 1x20 +2 x12.7 plus a capacity for 2 x 100Kg bombs. I think its the loadout and duration of use that makes it an attractive option.

You are correct its performance (without bombs) would be very similar to the Yak9T.

With this we would have

7b   Mid 42 to late 44 (just)
9T   Mid 43 to end 44
3     Mid 44 to end of GPW
9U   Late 44 to end of GPW

As some have said  a Yak 1 (VK105P (or PA)) would add mid 41 to mid/late 42.

I would hope that when the 9T and 9U are remodeled the T gets and M option for scenario use.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2013, 05:05:00 PM »
Can anyone shed some light as to why HTC would go with the -7B?  One would have thought that the -9T, -9U, and -3 would have been the main trio for them to use (1 each = EW, MW, LW).  One source shows the -7B as being the most numerous version built at over 5000, and the charts are showing similar performance to the -9T.  On target with this assessment?

As you say, we already have the 9's, and the 7 was a numerous version.  So, it should be in here.  I doubt that it will have the performance of a 9 as it is an earlier design, closer to the 1.

For special events, we don't have 41-42 timeframe Soviet aircraft, which limits us to late-war Eastern Front and completely omits, as one example, the largest battle in WWII:  Stalingrad.  To fill that in, we eventually need the Yak-1 and LaGG-3 (and would be nice to fill in attack aircraft with the Pe-2).  The Yak-7 is a step in that direction of filling out the Soviet plane set, and we can use it for Yak-1/LaGG-3's in events.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »
So you're saying that when you're flying the new yak, you'd like to spend your time looking down at your big cocker?    :rofl

What ever it takes including my dancing around in a pink TuTu if you guys fix the oversight.

All ShVAK 20mm mounted "engine inline" had a backup manual pull cocker visible between the pilots feet. I'd hate to see the one for the NS-37 and how the pilot had to pull that one... :huh

The thing had a short stroke action that didn't quit dampen the recoil against the weight of the plane, so it was probably pneumatically cocked.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #111 on: July 11, 2013, 06:03:00 PM »

:D

In Aces High we have no hands. How are you/we gonna manually cock ourselves (he asks somewhat hesitantly).  :lol

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: July 11, 2013, 06:18:09 PM »
I never want to meet the guy who can cock all three La7 cannons at the same time Arlo..........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Some basic questions:

Will either of the new yaks have wep? Finally torq issues for yaks like other planes?

Will it fly with nose drifting up like 190s?
Will it fly with nose drifting down like 410s?
Will it fly better backwards than forwards like 152s and 410s?

Flame away!   : :(:
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #114 on: July 11, 2013, 08:38:25 PM »
As you say, we already have the 9's, and the 7 was a numerous version.  So, it should be in here.  I doubt that it will have the performance of a 9 as it is an earlier design, closer to the 1.

For special events, we don't have 41-42 timeframe Soviet aircraft, which limits us to late-war Eastern Front and completely omits, as one example, the largest battle in WWII:  Stalingrad.  To fill that in, we eventually need the Yak-1 and LaGG-3 (and would be nice to fill in attack aircraft with the Pe-2).  The Yak-7 is a step in that direction of filling out the Soviet plane set, and we can use it for Yak-1/LaGG-3's in events.

Love that HTC is adding the 7b. +1 for Pe-2  :cheers:

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #115 on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:19 PM »
Some basic questions:

Will either of the new yaks have wep? Finally torq issues for yaks like other planes?

Will it fly with nose drifting up like 190s?
Will it fly with nose drifting down like 410s?
Will it fly better backwards than forwards like 152s and 410s?

Flame away!   : :(:

Trim?

Luftwaffe persecution complex?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline -aper-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #116 on: July 11, 2013, 09:53:17 PM »
As some have said  a Yak 1 (VK105P (or PA)) would add mid 41 to mid/late 42.

I would hope that when the 9T and 9U are remodeled the T gets and M option for scenario use.

+1
It is good to see that HTC is working on Yak line adding new Yak-3 and Yak-7b

1) I would recommend to add early war Yak-1 (m-105p) which will cover 1941 scenarios like "Barbarossa" or "Battle for Moscow"

2) It would be very good to convert existing Yak-9T into hybrid Yak-9 (m-105pf) model with the options:
   a) 20mm cannon (Yak9/Yak-9M - the most standard version)
   b) 37mm cannon (existing Yak-9T)
   c) 20mm cannon with additional internal fuel tanks (Yak-9D/Yak9DD)

These additions will pretty much cover the whole Yak line (with the only one exception of Yak-1b which can be well substituted in scenarios with Yak-9 20mm)

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2013, 10:12:28 PM »
+1 for the Pe-2, Yak-1, LaGG-3, and MiG-3, eh?

Eh?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: July 11, 2013, 11:54:05 PM »
+1
It is good to see that HTC is working on Yak line adding new Yak-3 and Yak-7b

1) I would recommend to add early war Yak-1 (m-105p) which will cover 1941 scenarios like "Barbarossa" or "Battle for Moscow"

2) It would be very good to convert existing Yak-9T into hybrid Yak-9 (m-105pf) model with the options:
   a) 20mm cannon (Yak9/Yak-9M - the most standard version)
   b) 37mm cannon (existing Yak-9T)
   c) 20mm cannon with additional internal fuel tanks (Yak-9D/Yak9DD)

These additions will pretty much cover the whole Yak line (with the only one exception of Yak-1b which can be well substituted in scenarios with Yak-9 20mm)

Please, no more hybrids. :cry  If anything, I'd LOVE to see the F4F-3/4 we have split into separate airframes.  The 3 was more maneuverable with longer range while the 4 had more armor and firepower.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2013, 12:22:39 AM »
Please, no more hybrids. :cry  If anything, I'd LOVE to see the F4F-3/4 we have split into separate airframes.  The 3 was more maneuverable with longer range while the 4 had more armor and firepower.
Sometimes hybrids work.  From the sound of it that may be the case with the Yak-9/Yak-9D/Yak-9DD/Yak-9M/Yak-9T.  If the only differences are guns and fuel tanks (the He111 has different fuel tanks depending on loadout) with the engine and armor remaining the same there is no reason not to do a hybrid.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-