Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16309 times)

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2013, 03:06:00 PM »
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.  He'll drink when he's thirsty.  Folks who want newer players to try stuff besides the "easy" planes, learn more about the fun of a good 1v1 and some ACM, or the rush that can come from a fight that happens right after you choose not to HO or run, often have an odd approach to making guys thirsty.  Beating a horse with a stick while yelling "Drink this you stupid piece of worthless &^%$!" seems to be a popular choice.

Hey, why did my horse run off?  :headscratch:

AMAX  in game

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2013, 03:11:07 PM »
Your boy Thrilla is a good example. Ranked #3 in fighters at the moment flying Spit14s constantly.

You should go fight thrila in 38s or anything else, my moneys on thrila btw  :rofl

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 03:18:24 PM »
One of the best things about this last patch. Lusche is back in the game and pervert is flying his dora instead of screaming in here. The bad thing is there's more Yak3 in the air than you can swat a stick at.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
Never been a Yak fan in the first place, but figured I should give the Yak3 a try in a sortie tonight. Having no idea how the plane would fly I climbed out of base and first enemy encounter was a P40. It did not take the P40 many turns to get the advantage on me, I had no idea what to do, tried to get flaps out but was clearly too fast even tho I felt like I was stalling out of the sky?!  :joystick:
The P40 turned inside my turn like I was flying a 410, atleast that's how it felt like to me.  :(

Guess it will be a long time before I up another Yak3, perhaps after a few flights in the TA to figure the plane out.  :headscratch:
TheStig

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 03:58:55 PM »
Go up.  No P-40 will go up with a Yak-3.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2013, 05:40:06 PM »
A rough definition of a noob ride is something that is so easy to fight it takes zero skill to pose a risk to everyone. Clearly the Yak3 is the newest noob ride of AH. The frustration is everything is the Yak3, every where every time. Gone are the days in which you could up in a mid-war bird and have a fruitfull day mixing it up with late-war birds. Now, everything is disrupted by noobs in Yak3s.

I know, I know...the scourge will diminish over time. People will get bored of flying the newest noob ride. Begs the question about using perks to control the usage of something like this. A rolling, floating perk system so that when 100 people up 99 of them are not in Yak3s, without cost atleast.

In any case, I'll log for a few weeks and see what August brings. I see why people lose interest in the MA and only fly FSO or Scenarios. If I wanted this action I would sign up for an arcade game.

Flame away...

boo

Evidently you're not brought to the same level of annoyance by the P51?  Or La7?  Spit16?  Seriously... let the Ya3 have its day and let everyone see just how much of a challenge the guns are and in a month or two when the usage goes down you'll be back to seeing the virtual skies filled with the P51's, La7's, and Spit16's.  In the meantime enjoy something new!!!    :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
You can "actually dogfight" in anything. Problem is some don't want to put in the effort or challenge themselves in the harder rides. They want to skate around in over modeled planes doing unrealistic maneuvers thinking they're great aces. Your boy Thrilla is a good example. Ranked #3 in fighters at the moment flying Spit14s constantly. Give me a frikkin; break. Hop in a 38 and lets see how ya rank.
I don't want to hear that crap that only guys flying easy mode are the ones that fight.

Well, this is a great post, except that I did not say that only people who fly easy mode are the only ones that fight. Or that you can only dogfight in certain planes.

after someone mentioned Midway, I said that I would rather have more people like Midway (who fly easy mode but actually want to fight), than the hordes of players in easy mode P51s who do nothing but put their nose down and run after one HO attempt. that's all.

I don't care if people challenge themselves in harder rides, or if they prefer to play the game more casually...I just want combat.

as for thrila, I suspect he'd  :ahand you in any plane, but don't take my word for it...if you reckon he's setting himself up as a 'great ace' undeservedly, take him to the DA :aok
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:54:00 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2013, 06:30:41 PM »
And what is wrong with flying the spit14?  If it is such an over modeled plane which can conduct unrealistic manoeuvers why are so few people flying it?  Maybe it's a little more challenging than you think. I've flown several planes as my main ride in AH down the years, however you wont see me in a 38 or a jug for that matter, they hold no appeal to me. I would be surprised if more than a few people knew me from my days when i flew only the mossie.  Rank does not matter to me, it is a by product of me having a few long weekends off work.  

I fly the spit14 because i've wanted it unperked for years.  I thought I had some good fights against you and some of your squad mates this weekend, clearly this wasn't the case for you.

I remember when you flew the Mossie. It was great fun watching you beat up over-confident dweebs in perk rides. I'm glad that you're still here, having fun and terrorizing the masses.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
A rough definition of a noob ride is something that is so easy to fight it takes zero skill to pose a risk to everyone. Clearly the Yak3 is the newest noob ride of AH. The frustration is everything is the Yak3, every where every time. Gone are the days in which you could up in a mid-war bird and have a fruitfull day mixing it up with late-war birds. Now, everything is disrupted by noobs in Yak3s.

I know, I know...the scourge will diminish over time. People will get bored of flying the newest noob ride. Begs the question about using perks to control the usage of something like this. A rolling, floating perk system so that when 100 people up 99 of them are not in Yak3s, without cost atleast.

In any case, I'll log for a few weeks and see what August brings. I see why people lose interest in the MA and only fly FSO or Scenarios. If I wanted this action I would sign up for an arcade game.

Flame away...

boo
Clearly you do not know what a "noob" actually is.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Prof. Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »
Push the button Max

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:21 PM »
Okay ya Limeys so ya want to make this about me and Thrllia huh........fine. Here's the way I see it. Thrilla has twice as much experience in flight sims as I do.  And most of that time flying trainers I.E. Spitfires I would suspect. Where as I have extremely limited time in any Limey POS plane. So I by default, should get a handicap just as it'd be done in golf. Because by your own admission he would mop the floor with my arse. Afterall, none of you would bet Tiger Woods in a head to head golf match would you? No of course not. That would be crazy talk.

The handicap being he flys a P40 and I get a P51 with 5k alt advantage in a best 2 out of 3 duel.

If I win Pervert you have to put "Uptown is my daddy" in your sig. If I lose I'll put "pervert is my daddy" in my sig. For a full year.  So what do ya say fancy lads....is it a date?

edit: same deal for you Coombz

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:26:20 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
I've been flying the P-38 a lot (for me) recently.  While I love the plane for its history, for the MA, it doesn't seem to me to be in the same class as Spit 16's, P-51's, La-7's, Yak-3's, F4U's, or FW 190D-9's.  Those planes are either faster or they outturn the P-38 or both.  It isn't horrible compared to them, and it is a much better fighter than many others (P-40, for example, which for me is the hardest of all in the MA environment).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 10:33:57 PM by Brooke »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2013, 10:56:24 PM »
Okay ya Limeys so ya want to make this about me and Thrllia huh........fine. Here's the way I see it. Thrilla has twice as much experience in flight sims as I do.  And most of that time flying trainers I.E. Spitfires I would suspect. Where as I have extremely limited time in any Limey POS plane. So I by default, should get a handicap just as it'd be done in golf. Because by your own admission he would mop the floor with my arse. Afterall, none of you would bet Tiger Woods in a head to head golf match would you? No of course not. That would be crazy talk.

The handicap being he flys a P40 and I get a P51 with 5k alt advantage in a best 2 out of 3 duel.

If I win Pervert you have to put "Uptown is my daddy" in your sig. If I lose I'll put "pervert is my daddy" in my sig. For a full year.  So what do ya say fancy lads....is it a date?

edit: same deal for you Coombz

come back and have another look at this thread when you're sober bud  :angel:

you brought thrila up yourself, for god knows what reason. if you have a problem with him it's between the two of you *shrug*
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2013, 11:36:10 PM »
I've been flying the P-38 a lot (for me) recently.  While I love the plane for its history, for the MA, it doesn't seem to me to be in the same class as Spit 16's, P-51's, La-7's, Yak-3's, F4U's, or FW 190D-9's.  Those planes are either faster or they outturn the P-38 or both.  It isn't horrible compared to them, and it is a much better fighter than many others (P-40, for example, which for me is the hardest of all in the MA environment).

A well driven 38 can kill all those planes you listed Brooke .. :) and I also know a player who can take a P40 into a 3v1 and come out the other side without a scratch :P
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2013, 11:46:13 PM »
I have a problem with anyone that fly spits...not just Thrilla. I think the plane is complete horsechit the way it flops around, goes from a dead stall to immediate turbo jet in less then a second flat. The way it gains E in a turn instead of losing it. I think they're over modeled and pretty much fly themselves. Thrilla just came to mind as he was the last person I tangled with flying one.

It pisses me off to no end that these guys with 10 or 15 years flight sim experience fly around in these magical spitfires clubbing the rest of us like baby seals. Way to really challenge yourselves. I'm not frikkin impressed.

And then when I speak my mind on it, you and Prevert start your DA troll crap. We all know what the outcome would be and that is precisely my point........why is a guy that's sooooo damn good still flying trainer planes if for no other reason than to get easy kills. Oh yeah I know. It's because he's British and just loves the plane that saved his country from the German's. Well so did the Hurr 1 but I don't see these guys flying those! Why?!...because they'd get beat every other sortie and you all know it. So go feed that crap to someone else.....I ain't buying it.  

I'm sure Thrilla is a great guy. I always found him to be a nice guy during our run ins ......I just think his plane choice sucks and he doesn't want to challenge himself but would rather get easy kills instead.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:59:18 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis