Author Topic: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride  (Read 16258 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yak3 horde, manifestation of newest noob ride
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »
We need more noobs.

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
With the Yak3 Aces High is definitely starting to turn into

http://youtu.be/438QdIDWhhU

and why does that Ipad game have better environmental gfx
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2013, 05:14:49 PM »
I agree with Slash.  Noobs are like gold nuggets.  No one jumps into this game and gets it right away unless they came from another similar game.  If "easy" to fly planes help them wade through the learning curve and the schoolyard nonsense long enough to make them want to stay, I say bring on the easy mode rides. :D

AMAX  in game

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2013, 05:19:36 PM »
I agree with Slash.  Noobs are like gold nuggets.  No one jumps into this game and gets it right away unless they came from another similar game.  If "easy" to fly planes help them wade through the learning curve and the schoolyard nonsense long enough to make them want to stay, I say bring on the easy mode rides. :D

Yeah but then we run the risk of getting more like midway those that never leave the trainers.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2013, 06:00:14 PM »
With the Yak3 Aces High is definitely starting to turn into

http://youtu.be/438QdIDWhhU
How so?  The Yak-3 does not seem to be a particular wonder plane.  It is simply the first late war fighter than has been added in years.

and why does that Ipad game have better environmental gfx
:uhoh
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
Yeah but then we run the risk of getting more like midway those that never leave the trainers.

i'd rather have hundreds more people who fly trainers (like Midway...and myself), but who want to actually dogfight, than what we currently have.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 06:19:10 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2013, 06:36:02 PM »
i'd rather have hundreds more people who fly trainers (like Midway...and myself), but who want to actually dogfight, than what we currently have.

+1
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2013, 06:43:46 PM »
One thing I'll say about the Yak3 is that it's generated more "buzz" than any other plane added to the set since I can remember.  This can only be a good thing IMO, generating interest in its performance versus other aircraft etc etc.

edit -

+2 Here as well, and that's another bonus that this new Yak3 brings to the game IMO, it's generating more a2a fights, with of course some exceptions of the pick patrol running a la Widewing's story.  By and large though, the bit of time I was up since this update, I've seen a lot more mid-low altitude fights, and Yak3's are everywhere in the sky during these.   Me likee the juice.  Wheeeeez the juiiice.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 09:24:37 PM by Gman »

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
Now based on the charts i have seen and the statements in the thread. I would inquire as to why i have had a few fights where the yak 3 ran from me in my far ride ki-84 after two merges and a very entertaining fight where he ran grabbed a p-47m and came back i had no advantage and couldn't get a shot but i did enjoy dodging both of them till i ran out of fuel and ditched.

I have noticed that like most planes the pilot can make a difference but alas i engage yaks  only to see the majority run if they lose the merge that goes for an array of planes. I do understand the need to survive and achieve a steller kill streak. I could care less about either and you will usually find me out numbered and out gunned trying, always trying.

To sum it up to each there own and some will fight some will run i may win i may lose. At the end of the day its a game its dynamic its challenging and man do i enjoy it.
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2013, 09:51:18 PM »
Now based on the charts i have seen and the statements in the thread. I would inquire as to why i have had a few fights where the yak 3 ran from me in my far ride ki-84 after two merges and a very entertaining fight where he ran grabbed a p-47m and came back i had no advantage and couldn't get a shot but i did enjoy dodging both of them till i ran out of fuel and ditched.

I have noticed that like most planes the pilot can make a difference but alas i engage yaks  only to see the majority run if they lose the merge that goes for an array of planes. I do understand the need to survive and achieve a steller kill streak. I could care less about either and you will usually find me out numbered and out gunned trying, always trying.

To sum it up to each there own and some will fight some will run i may win i may lose. At the end of the day its a game its dynamic its challenging and man do i enjoy it.

:aok

It sucks that there aren't a lot of people who are willing to fly to fight. Keep it up, fighting the good fight.  :cheers: Hopefully my Yak-3 will run into yours some time.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2013, 10:28:58 PM »
Do you even lift bro?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Schen

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2013, 11:52:02 PM »
:aok

It sucks that there aren't a lot of people who are willing to fly to fight. Keep it up, fighting the good fight.  :cheers: Hopefully my Yak-3 will run into yours some time.

look forward to it odds are u will see me in a ki84. I leave if im pw. Out of ammo or in a cartoon casket lol
"Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder"
           Captain Edward V. 'Eddie' Rickenbacker

---Committing scientific murder since tour 157---
                       :devil

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2013, 11:56:07 PM »
look forward to it odds are u will see me in a ki84. I leave if im pw. Out of ammo or in a cartoon casket lol

My second favorite plane.  :) Funny, my own code of rules are similar to yours. I'll run in the same situations as well but also against impossible odds. 5v1 is pushing it, anything higher and I'm turning around for more alt.  :airplane:

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2013, 05:02:24 AM »
Do you even lift bro?

Coombzy was on, on Saturday night homie  :aok

Must say im loving the addition of the yak from a pure dogfighters perspective since the release the fights have been great pure furballs everyday since  :rock
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:05:06 AM by The Fury »
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline danmac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #89 on: July 22, 2013, 07:14:27 AM »

Midway wasent bad he just talked crap about powning in a spit all the time all his 200 lip flapping aside he wasent a bad stick. Also the only time I've seen yak3 is in groups have yet to see a 1v1 but still fun I think it's a good add to the game. The way I look at it you pay for this game if you don't like it don't pay and don't play. Or do what I do hop on 200 and talk crap for no reason at all or troll